State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you didnt listen to the expert...the phones found in the house were NOT capable of making those automated calls, in addition, he couldnt have spoofed it because the length of time was different.

as for her running on Thursday...john Pearson perhaps?? we may never know

I was hoping it was in testimony somewhere and I missed it. Maybe the defense will bring it up, if they know. I don't know how much they have since the blackberry was erased but hopefully they have some emails and some phone records to determine who she was in contact that week.

all of that is here-say about her getting in fights with him and what not.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the tone of BC's emails was always civil. Every time. I find that interesting, considering all the testimony we've heard so far.

Good comments, your posts are always thoughtful. Here's a counter argument.

He knows his marriage is in trouble, almost from the start. He knows he could be subject to a divorce proceeding where his conduct will be in issue. I think even someone who would never murder their spouse would be astute enough not to volunteer bad email evidence for a potential future divorce action.

jt3....you are very hard to follow.
It would be helpful if you use the --quote post-- feature or at least address who you seem to be responding to.

Well, to clarify what I was trying to say... I still find the calls somewhat suspicious. Knowing that they were to voicemail isn't enough to convince me that he didn't do it.

But, my point was that IMHO, the prosecution did a poor job of presenting this. For me, it ended up having the reverse effect of what they were hoping for. My guess is that it may have done the same for the jury. The way he was so slowly and methodically working up to it, you could almost hear the dramatic "Unsolved Mysteries" narrator saying "Brad dialed the extension for voicemail, but he wasn't checking messages" (cue ominous music).

However, in the end, it was kind of a letdown. If I'm sitting in the jury, maybe I'm taking copious notes: "He pressed a '1', then he pressed a '3'", etc, thinking that it's leading somewhere big. Then, I'm thinking "well, crap, he just checked voicemail. Why didn't you just say that? You went an awful long way to tell me that he didn't do something illegal/nefarious".

Well that's what it did for me. And that led me to think about why he would be checking voicemail. And combined with the other work related call led me to my innocent stance.

Good comments, your posts are always thoughtful. Here's a counter argument.

He knows his marriage is in trouble, almost from the start. He knows he could be subject to a divorce proceeding where his conduct will be in issue. I think even someone who would never murder their spouse would be astute enough not to volunteer bad email evidence for a potential future divorce action.

Plus, Gary Rentz was cc'd on many of these e-mails.

Yes Madeleine, that order recap had a page full of VOIP equipment he ordered. Again, so fast it was hard to keep up. I heard the FXO port for sure. So you recalled a 3810 Cisco router too?

I definitely saw a Cisco 38xx something on that order form. According to Cisco's site that is their router product line (the 3800 line). They scrolled the email fast, but there were a lot of VOIP items ordered, and yes 100% on the FXO port. Looked like a whole VOIP system to me, with all the parts needed, including a phone as well.

^^he worked as a VOIP expert...what are you trying to say?

they already said that he didnt have ANYTHING on the evidence list that could be used to automate a call.

Again, appreciate your comments, and of all the posters who post here that are highly skeptical as to whether he did it or not, I value (and thus scrutinize) your input a lot. I'd rather the truth than a conviction.

But where there is absolutely no evidence of sexual assault, or any assault other than strangulation, and given the circumstances, when you flip things like this to "it might have happened", you lose me and bring me over to the he-did-it side.

For example, if she were attacked on the road, running, and ultimately strangled by a stranger, I think she would have either had to have been knocked out cold by something like a lead pipe to the head (which would leave a fracture), or she would have fought like hell leaving other wounds showing a struggle. Neither exist beyond the blood pooling in her face, which is more consistent with her being dumped with her face down after having died.

A strangulation without other trauma suggests her killer had the ultimate advantage. Not proves, suggests. Like someone in a home laying a trap.

But I'm willing to listen.... one suggestion is you provide your best theory as to how she could have been killed randomly on the road and have suffered so little trauma.

I suppose one suggestion is someone approached her, threatened her, took her to the woods, and told her if she complied she would live. I just don't see that as at all realistic given Nancy is fit and can outrun most, is proven feisty, and also not dumb enough to believe an assailant will take it easy on her. Thus if there was a rape it most likely would have been violent, leading to noticeable trauma. This was not a pleasant paragraph to think about or type.

I do not have a theory about who killed her or how she died.

^^he worked as a VOIP expert...what are you trying to say?

they already said that he didnt have ANYTHING on the evidence list that could be used to automate a call. why cant you get that?

That's not what they said. They said that there was nothing photographed on July 12th, 2008 and there was nothing found in the house on subsequent searches. They never said that he didn't have anything that could automate a call on July 12th, 2008.

you didnt listen to the expert...the phones found in the house were NOT capable of making those automated calls, in addition, he couldnt have spoofed it because the length of time was different.

as for her running on Thursday...john Pearson perhaps?? we may never know

Except for the fact that Unity, voicemail system, could be used to trigger an automated call based upon a configurable delay timer. The length of the call is dependent upon the length of the voicemail. If such a system existed in the house then this system is quite independent of any Cisco system and thus no records would be seen on Cisco network. Could the Unity system be installed on a hard drive that existed in the powered off desktop? yes. Could the hard drive have been disposed of? yes. Does BC have the knowledge and accessibility to such gear? yes. Was the gear found in the house? no! Does this mean then that it is not possible?

You don't think he was a bad father by constantly getting in fights with his wife, taking her name off the bills and bank accounts and forgetting to pay the water bill and yelling at her through BJs when buying food for the birthday party? You don't think he was a bad dad because he decided to do all these marathons and the mba at the same time spending 8 hours each day on the weekends the only time he has with his daughters training for marathons and iron man competitions? Hiding out in his office on the bike and tredmil and only coming out for dinner as testified by KL?

Hmmmmmm....No I do NOT think he was a bad father for working his butt off to provide for his family; for working full time and getting his MBA to give a better life to his family. For paying all of the bills, expensive daycares, exclusive gym membership, mortgage, etc and giving his wife $300 per week for "spending" money.

So, he forgot to pay a water bill. It was not turned off intentionally. You seem to think BC was a bad father because he was training for iron man competitions and spending his free time doing this. But, NC had her kids in daycare while she was a "stay at home mom"; did plenty of runnign herself; apparently did not even attempt to keep their house clean or sanitary; and only seemed to focus on her clique of friends. The screaming went both ways. I don't think BC yelled at NC and she just took it and turned the other cheek. She embellished stories (as stated by her own friends). She told of their dirty laundry to anyone with an ear.

So - while BC was not the ideal husband, NO I do not think he was a bad father. In fact, it was BC that I saw playing with his children at the Lifetime pool, not NC.

I, by all means, do not mean to bash NC at all. I apologize if it coming off as so. But, it is so annoying that he is perceived as the bad parent and she has become a saint.

Which one? There were 4 witness stories which don't match.

And there's the problem with eyewitness testimony. Details are not recorded in their minds and get befuddled. I think the gist is that a fight occured and was witnessed.

The 2 emails in question ...9:32PM and after 10PM, were both read on the BlackJack, per FBI analysis of the laptop.

Hopefully we will hear the content of both these e-mails tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member