State v Bradley Cooper 04-15-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video timing out is getting on my last nerve. Hope they get rid of that for JYs trial. :(

How good would it look in his murder trial if Brad didn't contest the custody suit?

If he's guilty, he could have avoided the suit altogether and agreed to NC parents getting custody for the time being on his own accord.

If he's guilty, he could have avoided the suit altogether and agreed to NC parents getting custody for the time being on his own accord.
Getting rid of Nancy..... getting rid of the kids......adds to MOTIVE, IMO.

Maybe that is what he should have done. Get cleared, then get his daughters back. I don't think this avenue worked out too well.:seeya:

At least, so far, still have lots to go.

How good would it look in his murder trial if Brad didn't contest the custody suit?

His lawyers could of came of with any number of plausible excuses that would be much less damaging then the deposition.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Det. Daniels: Brad's deposition basically helped our investigation understand what he does and what he's capable of doing.

Way to go, BRAD!! :woohoo:

Why wouldn't BC do the depo? He was facing losing his kids and paying child support, both likely contributory reasons he killed his wife. He cleaned the house well enough that he felt comfortable with the PD in it initially. What problem would a depo pose for a guy like that especially since Nancy was not there to contradict his story about the morning she was murdered.

The video timing out is getting on my last nerve. Hope they get rid of that for JYs trial. :(

I think they did it because people with older computers were complaining of buffering and poor quality...now we all have to suffer

If Kurtz thinks that BB is key to his defense, he might as well pack up and go home today.

Unless he gets an expert to proclaim 'in my expert opinion, the map images were tampered/planted', he's got to know he's fighting a losing battle.

Even that may not be enough, as then it comes down to what expert you want to believe.

His lawyers could of came of with any number of plausible excuses that would be much less damaging then the deposition.
Brad HAD to do the deposition/subject himself to questioning by the plaintiffs attorney. It's the way it's done to prepare for trial.

I hold his lawyers 100% accountable for making him take the depo. That's the whole point of why they are there, to consul him on when do to stuff like this.

My guess is they did advise him against it, but I truly believe he knew if he consented to custody to the Rentz he would have to pay THEM child support. He no more wanted to pay them than he did Nancy - maybe even less (he knew how much money they had). I think BC thought he was smarter by far than those stupid old police officers and her attorney - my gosh, he had already outsmarted them, spoofing calls so he had an alibi and secretly stealing her emails, wiped computers, discarded equipment. I think he insisted on the depo and his attorneys did their best to prep him with the "to the best of my knowledge." There was a point to Cummings pointing that out, I believe. I've typed depositions since 1993. You can tell the prepped clients - they say "to the best of my knowledge" on every answer - so that later they can say, "well, I didn't really know that. I wasn't sure about that. I didn't know that at the time you asked me. I had forgotten that at the time." MOO

Plenty more after that: No booties, not documenting or speaking about the "straw", not searching Nancy's vehicle, sitting on the bed before taking pictures of it, leaving the PC powered up for over 27 hours, etc. etc. etc.

Gorilla dust. IMO

BC could have claimed too much media attention and they needed to be with NC's family while he got his "stuff" together because of this major loss in his life, he could have said the community was all over them and it was upsetting the girls and they would be temporarily better off in Canada, he could even say he was thinking about moving back to Canada because of the circumstances and will be meeting them up there later once he quits and finds a new job, sells house.. etc...

He didn't have to do this depo! This is what is getting him too.

We should start an Alice Stubbs fanclub.

It's one thing to think the state hasn't carried its burden, or the defense may make a strong case. But to look at things now and conclude there is NO reason to think he did it seems like preexisting bias to me. Some people would think he did it whether evidence was presented or not, and some just won't believe he remotely did regardless of evidence.

"Your honor, I didn't stab her, she ran into my knife. Three times!"

I'm actually suprised his lawyer aloud this to happen as well. She was sitting right next to him.

All Brad's lawyers were there, Kurtz too. Goodmorning all, I over-slept. Beautiful sleeping weather last night. :great:

I could give my decision right now, why would that be a mistrial...look at oj deliberations for a year long trial...was it 20 mins?

We know. You said recently you go into a trial thinking the defendant is guilty and has to be proved innocent. No need for a trial for you.

Why wouldn't BC do the depo? He was facing losing his kids and paying child support, both likely contributory reasons he killed his wife. He cleaned the house well enough that he felt comfortable with the PD in it initially. What problem would a depo pose for a guy like that especially since Nancy was not there to contradict his story about the morning she was murdered.

Another reason that points to this not being pre-planned. He would of thought the story out more to where he was more consistent with the details. He knew he was going to do something, he just didn't know when until probably that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics