State v Bradley Cooper 04-15-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This jury is going to have to ask themselves why Cooper lied so many times during a sworn deposition to tell the truth. They are seeing the lies right from Cooper's mouth. These weren't little things that were misremembered, these were some big booming lies. Why lie about such things?

The jury is not going to be able to believe any of Cooper's stories because he's proved himself to be unworthy of being believed. He lied right to their faces through his video deposition. And there's the lead police detective countering what Cooper said in his depo with information they got directly from Cooper himself as well as others.

Since the Rentz's concerns were that Brad killed their daughter and therefore an unfit father, it was all relevant. Also, the Rentz had concerns he would/could possibly commit suicide or murder/suicide of himself and girls. He had to answer the questions trying to prove he wasn't a murderer, and therefore a fit parent. He could have voluntarily allowed custody to the Rentz and not sat for the deposition. Again, dumb during daylight.

And arrogant...."I'm way smarter than any of these idiots." "I can do this depo, piece of cake."

Brad HAD to do the deposition/subject himself to questioning by the plaintiffs attorney. It's the way it's done to prepare for trial.

The deposition wasn't for the murder trial though. Would he had been required to do one if he didn't do one for the custody hearing?

Yes, the point is most of the mistakes only helped Brad.
The erased BB is pretty pale now that we have seen the state's case.

This started because someone said something about this being over a long time ago if the defense didn't question the actions of cpd.

Has Alice Stubbs every been involved in criminal law? She sure has hit the high spots several times in several ways.

When this video first came out, that's exactly what I thought too! She definitely hit the HIGHT SPOTS, fer shir! :D

OTOH, it COULD be related to the custody hearing, ie was he {sneaking} around checking up on NC, like having her email forwarded (yes) and listening in on her phone calls (imho, yes).

JMHO
fran

Who said anything about a "key to the defense". There is a lot of CE to address, BB being one of many pieces.

It was already addressed during cross.
Honest mistake by CPD and they moved on.
The jury now knows who the killer was....BB moot point.

Mistakes the CPD made in not taking pics of scratches on his neck, bandaid on his finger, not taking pics of the haystraw in foyer or reporting it right then and there, and other inept things people point to have all managed to benefit the defendant in this case. Had those things been documented better, it would be yet more nails in Cooper's legal coffin.

The deposition wasn't for the murder trial though. Would he had been required to do one if he didn't do one for the custody hearing?

No; BC did the deposition only because he wanted custody of his daughters. I cannot imagine any criminal defense attorney telling him that was a good idea. BC must have thought that he would not be charged with the murder of his wife, for some strange reason, or that he had sewn up things so tightly that he would not be convicted.

Unless he gets an expert to proclaim 'in my expert opinion, the map images were tampered/planted', he's got to know he's fighting a losing battle.

Even that may not be enough, as then it comes down to what expert you want to believe.

Just a hunch, but I think he does have that tampering evidence. Otherwise, why wouldn't he have accepted the plea? And why would the state have spent so much time on all of that other stuff that did nothing for the case, ie. obtaining soil samples in '10 that didn't link anything to the crime. Why were they still trying to build a case if they had something that strong?

This poor guy was so stressed he couldn't remember the name of a woman he was engaged to, yet you hold him to remembering other more recent details?? ;-)

When Stubbs asked him whether he had powerwashed the house, yeah that was convincing she had been well prepped herself for things to ask.

Here's a guy who, having lived years in filth, finally buckles down and scrubs (certain) hardwood floors all to please his wife (who he wished he wasn't with and who was demanding substantial post divorce support) only to have her murdered by a stranger who ironically dumped her in the very area he had surveyed on his laptop the day before.

I tell you, if I'd been the victim of such coincidences I'd have been shaken too! (nah, j/k).

Since the Rentz's concerns were that Brad killed their daughter and therefore an unfit father, it was all relevant. Also, the Rentz had concerns he would/could possibly commit suicide or murder/suicide of himself and girls. He had to answer the questions trying to prove he wasn't a murderer, and therefore a fit parent. He could have voluntarily allowed custody to the Rentz and not sat for the deposition. Again, dumb during daylight.

And then he would have seen as not caring about them and that would be "hinky". Once again, damned if he did...

It's one thing to think the state hasn't carried its burden, or the defense may make a strong case. But to look at things now and conclude there is NO reason to think he did it seems like preexisting bias to me. Some people would think he did it whether evidence was presented or not, and some just won't believe he remotely did regardless of evidence.

"Your honor, I didn't stab her, she ran into my knife. Three times!"

Grit I'm your BIGGEST fan!!!:great:

No, he quit assisting the CPD in the murder investigation of his wife, what was it, July 15th?

This jury is going to have to ask themselves why Cooper lied so many times during a sworn deposition to tell the truth. They are seeing the lies right from Cooper's mouth. These weren't little things that were misremembered, these were some big booming lies. Why lie about such things?

The jury is not going to be able to believe any of Cooper's stories because he's proved himself to be unworthy of being believed. He lied right to their faces through his video deposition. And there's the lead police detective countering what Cooper said in his depo with information they got directly from Cooper himself as well as others.

When you put it that way, it sounds bad! :D

Mistakes the CPD made in not taking pics of scratches on his neck, bandaid on his finger, not taking pics of the haystraw in foyer or reporting it right then and there, and other inept things people point to have all managed to benefit the defendant in this case. Had those things been documented better, it would be yet more nails in Cooper's legal coffin.

Brad's not stupid...the reason there are no pictures of his injuries is because he wouldn't go to the Police Station to be questioned....
I feel comfortable knowing that each day Brad leaves the courthouse holding cell and goes back to his jail cell ...he gets strip searched

Just a hunch, but I think he does have that tampering evidence. Otherwise, why wouldn't he have accepted the plea? And why would the state have spent so much time on all of that other stuff that did nothing for the case, ie. obtaining soil samples in '10 that didn't link anything to the crime. Why were they still trying to build a case if they had something that strong?

Accepted what plea :waitasec:

Do you honestly think the state offered 2nd degree murder?

Cooper had nothing to lose going to trial. You and I are paying for Kurtz.
(I know you are ok with that, but I'm pizzed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61