State v Bradley Cooper 04-15-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I have been laughing so hard catching up I am in tears. Thanks all!

BTW, the only thing I think that both sides on here have wrong is EVERYBODY is giving the folks in the box WAY too much credit.

I am betting they are thinking....what a fuster cluck! (Judge, can we just call it a draw and go home....or to Golden Corral? And maybe for some ice cream?)

You ALL are loved!

You aren't heading over to Young or Anthony will some of us? Trials are never over! The arguing continues! teehehee

I will probably follow the JY trial. I have so much I need to be doing otherwise though! I went back to the doctor on Tuesday of this week and I have gained 4 pounds since this trial began......just sitting here and doing little else.

The same could be said of the prosecution.

You are right. Seems like the anti-Brad (prosecution) side has been here for the duration though. Can't say the same for some of the others.

I thought somebody on here said NC had lunch with HP, SC and JA on Friday. That was not HP testimony at all.

I don't remember JA being included but you're right, HP's testimony is it was just the two of them with the kids. SC was never mentioned. I'm going to have to listen to SC's testimony again.

I believe in the Detectives theory that she was mean to him at the party in front of their friends..where he preferred to keep all the nastiness behind close doors. She was probably still nagging him for money which he hadn't given her yet..he just got really angry

The only thing I don't get with this theory is that if he did indeed kill her, it seems like he had it all planned with many details. I don't think he could have pulled it all off so well (in regards to killing her, dumping body, Teeter trips, cleaning car, directing phone calls and so on) on just a sudden impulse of instant rage from a party.

Wow, I have been laughing so hard catching up I am in tears. Thanks all!

BTW, the only thing I think that both sides on here have wrong is EVERYBODY is giving the folks in the box WAY too much credit.

I am betting they are thinking....what a fuster cluck! (Judge, can we just call it a draw and go home....or to Golden Corral? And maybe for some ice cream?)

You ALL are loved!

So happy you can see the humor in everything JF!

So what that she didn't tell anyone but BC about the stain on her dress? That doesn't mean the other people at the party are liars.

Let's focus on more important things than a stain on a dress, such as, why didn't NC tell anyone at the party she was going to JA's to paint on Saturday?

Just maybe - Maybe - she didn't know who exactly her allies were and who might be in the BC camp and just maybe - Maybe - she didn't want anyone to know she was going to be painting over at JA's the next day. Maybe - just maybe - she wanted BC to think he had tennis plans and then pull the rug out from under him the next day and be at JA's painting and then he was stuck with the kids and poof, his plans go up in smoke. You certainly can what if something to death. We all can. Maybe she and JA had a secret agreement to actually be paid for the job and she didn't want Brad to know. Maybe she just wanted to have something - anything - completely her own that she was sure BC didn't know about, hadn't spied on her and gotten the info, was laughing inside that she was going to be somewhere he wouldn't know about and feel some sense of security for a couple hours. There, I've given you a lot of reasons she didn't tell anyone. That should give you enough to pick through for a little while at least.

Nope not according to other people at the party. Watch Mr. Duncan's testimony in court.

I don't think Mr. Duncan seemed very credible at all in court. Wondering if the defense will call him back? If so, I think he will be made to look very unreliable

Originally Posted by SleuthinNC
We heard all that testimony about how Det. Young didn't make any decisions and how everything he did was at the request and/or under the supervision of Det. D. So why is it that when Det. D is asked about what Det. Young was doing with the routers Det. D doesn't know?

Sloppy, lies, excuses?

You have a valid point but unless any of you who are picking apart this detective's testimony have ever been in law enforcement you have no idea how difficult it is to put a case together. It began as a missing person--transcended into a homicide. Many people working on it, many going in different directions. It's not easy to be gathering evidence, interviewing people, tracking down leads, suspecting the spouse based on 'rumors', etc. It's just overwhelming and it's perfectly reasonable that sometimes one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. I'm not making excuses,,,,,just want to point out how difficult it is with this type of case. It's not a speeding ticket situation.

I am sure it is hard, but when someone's life as they know it livelihood is on the line I think we need to hold LE to a higher degree of accuracy. The Judge would not let Kurtz ask Young the questions because he said DD was responsible for so and so, and now DD is saying it was Young. Someone needs to be able to answer and take ownership.

Is 5 hours a short period of time:waitasec:

Yes - but in that "5 hours" her sure did a lot of cleaning, dumping of body, dumping of evidence, rigging the phones, cleaning the house, etc. Doesn't that seem quite a lot to do in 5 hours with 2 children around? I just don't buy it.

CaryFrom NJ ,
Why are you ignoring my question about Brad being such a good father, he could not have done it?

So happy you can see the humor in everything JF!

It's laugh or cry, right? I mean, this situation was already a tragedy, not matter how this chapter of it ends. I think it's slowly been turned into a travesty. i don't foresee it ending and the judge sitting on it admits that it will be up for appeal based on what he's seen already.

The only folks who benefit from this in the end are: absolutely frickin' no one.

BTW, everyone complains about Cummings being slow....but did Kurtz form a single coherent question today?

Poor jurors.

I thought he did it at home too, it was someone else that I was replying to that made the suggest that he stopped to do it after I made a comment about how loud shop vacs are that I am surpised no one heard it.

I still find it odd that he supposedly killed NC, made numerous trips to dump sites, used a shop vac, cleaned the house, etc and his 2 and 4 year old children slept through it all. As you stated, a shop vac is VERY loud.

I still find it odd that he supposedly killed NC, made numerous trips to dump sites, used a shop vac, cleaned the house, etc and his 2 and 4 year old children slept through it all. As you stated, a shop vac is VERY loud.

Ahhh.
I spoke too soon .
I see where you stand with the 'dad' thing.

How do you know the 2 and 4 year old slept through it all:waitasec:

I don't think Mr. Duncan seemed very credible at all in court. Wondering if the defense will call him back? If so, I think he will be made to look very unreliable

I don't understand why you would say this, please elaborate. The defense has already had the opportunity to cross-examine him, and were at a significant advantage because they could lead the witness. You are saying they should call him back, but then they can only ask him non-leading questions and then the prosecution gets the advantage? I just do not understand where you could be going here. If the defense wanted something specific out of him, certainly they would have gotten it in cross.

Just maybe - Maybe - she didn't know who exactly her allies were and who might be in the BC camp and just maybe - Maybe - she didn't want anyone to know she was going to be painting over at JA's the next day. Maybe - just maybe - she wanted BC to think he had tennis plans and then pull the rug out from under him the next day and be at JA's painting and then he was stuck with the kids and poof, his plans go up in smoke. You certainly can what if something to death. We all can. Maybe she and JA had a secret agreement to actually be paid for the job and she didn't want Brad to know. Maybe she just wanted to have something - anything - completely her own that she was sure BC didn't know about, hadn't spied on her and gotten the info, was laughing inside that she was going to be somewhere he wouldn't know about and feel some sense of security for a couple hours. There, I've given you a lot of reasons she didn't tell anyone. That should give you enough to pick through for a little while at least.

I wanted to point out that everyone thinks it is so strange that she didn't mention the stain on her dress but finds nothing odd about her not telling one single person that she was planning to paint the next day.

Add that to the string of inconsistencies about the painting plans I've been talking about here for the past several days/weeks and it comes down to one person. Only one person knew about the plans (JA). Even NC told her sister she was sick of painting. I don't believe NC planned to go there and I want to know why JA was so sure NC was dead/in danger that she had to make up a story of paint plans so she could call the police. That's really how it seems. If someone can offer a reasonable explanation to this I would love to hear it, but so far it still doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member