State v Bradley Cooper 04-18-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marital discord provides motive.
The Google search placed him at the scene of the crime.

Not sure how the defense recovers from that?

No matter how many hired experts he parades out or witnesses that 'think' they saw Nancy, the jury will come back to the Google map search as the single piece of evidence that will nail Cooper. In the end, nothing else will matter, imo.

If that search were done on that day and no other day, yes you are right. If the defense can prove it could be another day due to time stamp error, it might be different. I am not saying it is wrong, I am just making a statement.

an argument for the google search could be Cisco was putting new equipment in that area at the time...just a coincidence for Brad

personally I think the defense thinks they proved their case in cross...and if the Judge lets them they will do a 12 hour closing argument

:lol: You're killing me :floorlaugh:

Puh-leeze go check your meds....

The judge is obviously very worried about the jury. I can understand his concern. They 'enlisted' for a 4-6 week trial and I can't imagine how crazy this has been for them. I am past ready for the defense to get going with their case,,,, and then a verdict.

And the jury has been in and out like pop-tarts (TM Judge Belvin Perry.)

And yes, I know, all juries go in and out to some degree. I just wanted to use the line and give a shout out to JP.

If I'm K and I'm wasting the time of the jury and pissing off the Judge, I better have a pretty good card up my sleeve to show why I have been dragging. Otherwise it seems they are desperately trying to dig up something new to offset the smoking evidence, the Google search.

I happen too find that Kurtz persuiting DD in work product comments rather silly, as he is playing to the camera only. Work product is just that. I will link a definition of it down abit..BUT Kurtz to ask why Daniels spoke to this person or other person..in following up what someone found, or said in a witness statement means nothing in of itself to the final picture...

Put the shoe on the other foot. IF Defense PI was asked why he spoke this person or that person, what they said to him/her and did you then go here or there..Why would you ask that question??..OF course its NOT allowed in court..as it is considered Work Product.
Kurtz is on a fishing expedition only!!.

2953.321 Divulging confidential investigatory work product.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2953.321

Kurtz is just playing to the camera and wasting Juror valuable time doing this. Isnt it enough he was given access to this and could see how the Investigation went down without asking silly questions..Wonder why he doesnt ask about the DEAD ENDS they got when following some lead they tried to confirm or backup with further information??

Shame that he is wasting this time..and I think the Judge is pi$$ with this!!

JMO on what this is all about??

She has a great point. IF THE CASE WERE IN OHIO. :)

If I'm K and I'm wasting the time of the jury and pissing off the Judge, I better have a pretty good card up my sleeve to show why I have been dragging. Otherwise it seems they are desperately trying to dig up something new to offset the smoking evidence, the Google search.

He does seem to be doing everything in his power to delay his own CIC.

The judge has nobody to blame but himself for this "waste of time". Had he not been so quick to disallow anything Kurtz wanted to ask about these presentations they would not have to go through this painstaking process to offer proof.

So Judge Quick Draw McGraw with all the sustained objection to this and disallowing based on my discretion to that has created his own condition.

She has a great point. IF THE CASE WERE IN OHIO. :)

It is the principle of the matter I was speaking to...and the fact Defense has the work product says he had the road map of who where what they knew at what point..BUT to question Lead Detective about what he thought or did following that particular information is NOT helpful to the whole picture..Waste of time of the jurors for Kurtz to go fishing??

It is also the worst prosecutorial effort I have seen in some time. (And I've seen more than one or two) We are almost a month into this. What a sad state of affairs for everyone involved.

If I were in the R/L family, I would want to boot this mess, put him back to work making serious dough and get Alice Stubbs to lead a civil charge for massive dollars ala Blake/Simpson and let that serve as justice.

That's still a possibility. It would be a blood--->turnip situation I think, but they could still bring a suit.

an argument for the google search could be Cisco was putting new equipment in that area at the time...just a coincidence for Brad

Cisco does not install equipment in undeveloped subdivisions.

And the jury has been in and out like pop-tarts (TM Judge Belvin Perry.)

And yes, I know, all juries go in and out to some degree. I just wanted to use the line and give a shout out to JP.

Maybe all the exercise is helping the jury lose weight like some on here?

in / out / in / out - 47 laps a day might burn off their big lunches.....

Can someone tell me (work got in the way) why they were calling Det Dismuths (sp) back to the stand? TIA Maybe they got tired of hammering DD and wanted some new meat.

I am in complete agreement that the ripping apart of this work product is not effective at all and I also understand the judges concern for his jurors.

I don't mind that the Defense is really making sure about the evidence coming in..what I have a problem with is the Fact he asks the same question (different wording) over and over and over and over and over again. I would never hire this defense team

Can someone tell me (work got in the way) why they were calling Det Dismuths (sp) back to the stand? TIA Maybe they got tired of hammering DD and wanted some new meat.

I am in complete agreement that the ripping apart of this work product is not effective at all and I also understand the judges concern for his jurors.

so the defense can rip apart the work he did...why didn't they do this when he was on the stand?

I don't mind that the Defense is really making sure about the evidence coming in..what I have a problem with is the Fact he asks the same question (different wording) over and over and over and over and over again. I would never hire this defense team

I might if I was in North Carolina and got caught with drugs.

You must have not seen the Ryan Hare trial. The defense strategy in that one was to not put up any defense at all and hope for the best.

They had no defense -- two eyewitnesses/participants testified against Hare for sentences less than 1st Degree Murder.

Plus, when you put on no defense, the defense has the benefit of the final argument at closing. (Didn't help -- there was no help to be had, but the lawyer tried.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876