Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought about the dress.

We know for whatever reason, BC did not accurately describe the dress that she wore the night before.

Brad said he washed the dress ebcause Nancy spilled wine on it. Am I correct that it was RED wine? Seems RED wine would have certainly showed up on that color dress.

Her friends do not recall Nancy spilling anything on the dress.

The dress is finally found and there is an oily substance stain on the dress.

Could it be possible that he killed her while wearing the dress, and in the process something got on it, (oily substance) and that's why he washed it? Was the substance tested and identified? It would be nice to know what is on the dress. I'm thinking grease or oil from the car?

Brad said in the custody dep. that he remembered when he got to DD's party, Nancy was upset because she had spilled something on her dress. I don't think wine was mentioned.

When SBI tested the stain on the dress, it came back as an oily substance so it sounds like it was from food.

Yes, all the sudden he decided he needed the cell phone for the quick Tide trip????

Maybe he decided he needed his cell phone in case Nancy decided she needed something else. If his story is true, he already went once and had to head back out. It's reasonable to think that he would bring his cell phone the second time around in case she decided she needed something else so he wouldn't have to do a 3rd trip. And based on his story, that is what happened.

That's what I'm saying about the Cooper household. Didn't I hear the detective question Brad as to 'why there wasn't any food to speak of in the home?' So she and the girls were on a trip the week prior. Another whole week had nearly passed. If ones goes on a trip, one might be out of milk, butter, eggs, but one should still have can's/bottles of juice, boxes of cereal, crackers, peanut butter, pantry items, frozen foods, etc., shouldn't one? In a house with a couple kids, I mean. If for no other reason then what about emergencies? When hurricane Fran came through here, the stores were closed for days, our power was out for a week, and it took awhile to clear the roads of limbs and trees to get around again. Don't most people have food on hand?

I thought that was very strange. Maybe there's more to Nancy's stories about eating with the neighbors because there was no food at home than some previously thought?

Yes, but fair to assume he never did HER laundry.

Well detective Young testified today that BC indicated Nancy was doing laundry on the morning of the 12th. So if she did spill something on her dress, and if she was doing laundry on the 12th, then it is reasonable to think she would have washed that dress that morning. My wife tries to wash stuff with a stain on it as soon as she can so that the stain doesn't set.

So if BC isn't lying, then what he is saying is reasonable, and NC most likely washed the dress.

Really? She said exactly that?
Body fluids and some "food" are both organic.
Reckon "food" also means wine?

Yes she did. She was specifically asked if in her expert opinion, if the stain was likely from bodily fluids. She said no. She though it was from food. The is the prosecutions expert witness in body fluid testing.

There could be a "HOME" label for more than one number in the address book. Did anyone ever look to see the number associated with call lableled "HOME"?

It will likely match up with the call records from TWC. The defense also talked about those 2 calls in the opening.

That's what I'm saying about the Cooper household. Didn't I hear the detective question Brad as to 'why there wasn't any food to speak of in the home?' So she and the girls were on a trip the week prior. Another whole week had nearly passed. If ones goes on a trip, one might be out of milk, butter, eggs, but one should still have can's/bottles of juice, boxes of cereal, crackers, peanut butter, pantry items, frozen foods, etc., shouldn't one? In a house with a couple kids, I mean. If for no other reason then what about emergencies? When hurricane Fran came through here, the stores were closed for days, our power was out for a week, and it took awhile to clear the roads of limbs and trees to get around again. Don't most people have food on hand?

We have plenty of pantry food as well. But what do you do with a crying 2 year old at 4 in the morning that only wants milk? I have a very level headed 2 year old (sweet little girl), but she has recently started occassional tantrums when she is overly tired. And if she wants milk, she will cry "milk, milk, milk, milk" until we give her mild or are able to direct her attention elsewhere (which is hard). If this happened at 4 in the morning, I would probably go get her milk.

Is it possible that Brad is the one who deleted information off of his own and Nancy's cell phones?

Way late again, as usual -- just what I thought. BC's nothing if not methodical...and if he were in paranoid gear (as I reckon I would be), why not flush the phone to leave nothing? Neat & clean, neat & clean. And that doesn't require a washing machine... I can see BC smiling every time he does it.

And SG, he IS cute, and we have spent nearly all day with him.

Watching him here today, as of the end of test. today, he seems level-headed and proud to be a CPD -- not some careless youngster who may have made investigative mistakes as has been said.

I don't find the bottle itself suspicious. I find the need for a trip to the store for milk, before 7:00 a.m. when there are two types of milk in the fridge already, suspicious.

Again, 2 year olds are quite picky...especially about the milk they drink. I can attest to that.

By the way, it is super double coupon week at Harris Teeter (I love shopping super doubles). If the Coopers had done more coupon shopping, things might have been different.

By the way, it is super double coupon week at Harris Teeter (I love shopping super doubles). If the Coopers had done more coupon shopping, things might have been different.

That made me laugh out loud

Maybe he decided he needed his cell phone in case Nancy decided she needed something else. If his story is true, he already went once and had to head back out. It's reasonable to think that he would bring his cell phone the second time around in case she decided she needed something else so he wouldn't have to do a 3rd trip. And based on his story, that is what happened.

I guess he forgot what he told the cops early about who was actually doing laundry that am and noticed the detergent was out.

Ok wait a second here he dialed a number with a 2001 extension? Because that would shift me firmly off the fence. This could be the smoking gun

I didn't get down the area code, but the number was--I think--476-2001. Why would that shift you off the fence?

ADA didn't ask Young if they checked store records to see if Nancy owned more than one pair of Sauconys size 10.5...

Or it could be a grease stain from the ribs she cooked for the party...

Yes, it could be. What I find hard to believe is that Nancy ONLY mentioned it to Brad. He said he showed him the spot on her dress where she had already rinsed it. Wouldn't she have asked one of the Duncans for a stain stick, baking soda, club soda, something to clean the stain with? I do believe Craig Duncan when he said she would have drawn attention to herself about it.

Nancy shared lots with friends and strangers at that party that night. But this is the one thing she DIDN'T mention?

I guess he forgot what he told the cops early about who was actually doing laundry that am and noticed the detergent was out.

I'm going by Detective Young's testimony today about what BC told him on 7/12/2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025