State v Bradley Cooper - 3/24/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire your frugality, but I am amazed that you don't get an all you can eat plan for free with your position.

A measly 20% off. Pffffttttt. I have friends who get better discounts because of the companies they work for.

I do, well not for free, but it is company provided, and with all the phones we have we use a billion minutes a month, so they don't mind if I use it for personal calls as well.

I think my sitch can be classified as 'cobbler's kids, no shoes.'

Per your earlier post about reading all the manuals that come with your new stuff... I can't believe it, a woman who likes to read the technical manuals on cool new toys.... I might be in love :loveyou:

heh! I'd rather have a new techie gadget than jewelry! I like jewelry, but I LOVE tech stuff. I joke there's a 14 yr old male geek inside of me trying to get out. I don't look it or act like it, but I am a techie geekoid at times.

So, in order for him to NEED to check his VM at work, he would have seen an INCOMING call from work at some point? Otherwise, why call it?

I just wrote the same thing, but then realized he might have called it to access an old voicemail he wanted to listen to again...

No, he is VERY technical. Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) for VOIP. They don't hand those out as Crackerjack prizes. This is a PhD. level networking certification. I know some sharp cookies that have taken the regular CCIE test 3 times and still have not passed it.

That is VERY interesting that the call was shown to the Cisco system. Yep, I think I hear the fat lady warming up in the wings. I have thought for a while that he set up some kind of call forwarding so that the call appeared to come from home. So, he calls the work phone from the cell, the work phone has been set to forward all calls to his home line, the home phone is set to forward to the cell? Tinker to Evans to Chance?

What about the delay? A script initiated the call to home a few minutes later?

So, he wouldn't have to call the number just to see IF someone called...he would know because his cell would have rung.

One step further -- the capability exists to have the actual voicemail sent to the user via email. I do this so I don't even need to log on to check any voicemail I get. I can play it right on the attached file in my email. Yes, this is a Cisco VOIP system. In fact we have what appear to be the same Cisco phones as Brad had in his office.

I figured it out. Dammit. He did it.

I was about to post the solution. It's so damn simple, you guys will not believe it. But then you guys went off talking about Jason Young again.....KIDDING.

Seriously, though. I realized that my former wife (a Cisco employee who worked from home) had one of their phones.

You can use the Cisco phone system to access it via third party control. Plugging the phone into the land-line jack would allow the access you need to the LUDS. You dial into the system using a admin username and passcode, bypass the normal phone protocols (as if you are "testing" a phone). I am fairly certain I can find a link explaining how they closed the records hole that there once was.

I have seen her dial me from her Cisco phone (as I am walking up the steps, for instance, when she does not realize I am there) from her living room, but it shows as her office line in RTP. I have also seen her forget to re-direct the lines and she'll have a cell phone in her hand that shows as her office (and once or twice, her home) #.

The key will come from someone who accessed the Unified Applications Environment and I don't think it will show just that he faked the call, but that he faked the directed number as well. (It didn't go from the home phone to a personal cell phone, but it went from the Cisco phone to his Cisco Cell Phone and therefore wouldn't get flagged on the network. It would be set-up for his WFH days. However, it would need to dial out on the TWC line, which was just a matter of swapping out the cables. So, the phone actually dialed out on the home line (Cisco Phone) to his cell phone (Cisco Cell) which was forwarded to his personal cell. Hence the multiple records. And by the way, records on the Cisco network in 2008 for a VOIP engineer with the right credentials would have been a big black hole.) Why do I think this is it? Because it shows pre-meditation in how damn complicated it is, I think. Hence the lack of an open-murder indictment.

Crap, I was on his side too. But apparently, he did it.

But seriously, why check the voice mails for a Cisco office at 6:40 on a Saturday morning?

One step further -- the capability exists to have the actual voicemail sent to the user via email. I do this so I don't even need to log on to check any voicemail I get. I can play it right on the attached file in my email. Yes, this is a Cisco VOIP system. In fact we have what appear to be the same Cisco phones as Brad had in his office.

Thank you. I just knew that Cisco couldn't still be back in the cave days with their own company.

They might have but he had an excuse. He had to go to the store for milk. The original time that he gave for leaving for the store was before 6 a.m. and I don't think Harris Teeter opened until 6 a.m.

But the pulling into the garage part - that would have been pretty risky, just one person noticing that would have changed a lot in this case. He would have had no way to explain that away.

But seriously, why check the voice mails for a Cisco office at 6:40 on a Saturday morning?

....especially after working all day Friday.

There is something in his hand, black. Could be wallet, key case or phone?

Thanks for the photo, Albert --

I'm biased, ya know, but that thing looks "phone-ish" to me. (Could be a wallet & he was in a hurry -- but keys, nahhh.)

He does like those dark* clothes on a nice July night/pre-dawn, doesn't he?

*Or are those clothes orange?

MOO

But the pulling into the garage part - that would have been pretty risky, just one person noticing that would have changed a lot in this case. He would have had no way to explain that away.

It sounds to me like he covered that in the days that she was missing. He was putting his car into the garage.

Thank you. I just knew that Cisco couldn't still be back in the cave days with their own company.

Yes this capability exists as do MANY others. Doesn't change dialing the main number to access voicemail as the most common way to check it using a non-cisco phone. It's just a basic common function.

I was about to post the solution. It's so damn simple, you guys will not believe it. But then you guys went off talking about Jason Young again.....KIDDING.

Seriously, though. I realized that my former wife (a Cisco employee who worked from home) had one of their phones.

You can use the Cisco phone system to access it via third party control. Plugging the phone into the land-line jack would allow the access you need to the LUDS. You dial into the system using a admin username and passcode, bypass the normal phone protocols (as if you are "testing" a phone). I am fairly certain I can find a link explaining how they closed the records hole that there once was.

I have seen her dial me from her Cisco phone (as I am walking up the steps, for instance, when she does not realize I am there) from her living room, but it shows as her office line in RTP. I have also seen her forget to re-direct the lines and she'll have a cell phone in her hand that shows as her office (and once or twice, her home) #.

The key will come from someone who accessed the Unified Applications Environment and I don't think it will show just that he faked the call, but that he faked the directed number as well. (It didn't go from the home phone to a personal cell phone, but it went from the Cisco phone to his Cisco Cell Phone and therefore wouldn't get flagged on the network. It would be set-up for his WFH days. However, it would need to dial out on the TWC line, which was just a matter of swapping out the cables. So, the phone actually dialed out on the home line (Cisco Phone) to his cell phone (Cisco Cell) which was forwarded to his personal cell. Hence the multiple records. And by the way, records on the Cisco network in 2008 for a VOIP engineer with the right credentials would have been a big black hole.) Why do I think this is it? Because it shows pre-meditation in how damn complicated it is, I think. Hence the lack of an open-murder indictment.

WOW. Omg.

Uhhh that would not work.

Ok let me restate. The Cisco VoIP system allows the user to ring a cell, home phone, another IP Phone, etc. when the IP Phone rings. It doesn't have to, it is user configured. The user can also set hours for it to do the multiple ring so outside configured hours only the IP Phone will ring. A message can also be sent directly to an IP Phone extension without ever ringing the phone. He could have seen a message waiting indicator on his phone or just checked because he felt like checking it.

On the desk in the home of BC there is a cisco ip phone. If he had a message he would have known from the mwi being lit on this home ip phone.

What about the delay? A script initiated the call to home a few minutes later?

The way I have been thinking is that he either had to script it, or has some method to remote control it. I have even wondered about some kind of telnet capability on the phone. I know my Q blew up once and there was a command prompt screen, and while the Q, and by extension the Blackjack is a , it does have networking and is based on the Windows OS, it would not be outside the realm of possibility to use those to trigger another device, and I am sure the phone systems have telnet access.

johnfear, Brad himself admitted in his deposition it was possible to place a call remotely using a Cisco Enterprise system. If the jurors don't go insane listening to Kurtz trying to cause chaos, they should 'get it'.

Is today the first time we've heard the story of morning of the 12th that he and Nancy met in the hall upstairs after Katie woke up around 4:00 a.m.? Every other time I've heard the story BC took Katie downstairs and Nancy came down 15-20 minutes later.

Also, Det. Young said today they found Nancy's passport in Brad's office. The ADA seemed eager to get out of him WHERE in the office it was found, but Det. Young couldn't speak to that. I thought that was interesting, too.

On the desk in the home of BC there is a cisco ip phone. If he had a message he would have known from the mwi being lit on this home ip phone.

If he had a new or marked unheard message, yes this is correct.

Yes, but was this functionality available in july 08?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc