State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it so much matters how much time it took for the second trip. I can't see a scenario where parents are trying to console a child at the wee hours of the morning, finally dad makes a trip to pick up milk for a bottle, dad brings the milk home but mom doesn't give the bottle and instead waits until dad comes home again?

Maybe I'm wrong.

This whole scenario bothers me. Is it *normal* for it to take two adults to *console* a healthy two year old for three hours? Because when our kids were little, no way would the two of us be up all night with a 2 year old. The only time the two of us were up all night like that, was if one of our children was deathly ill. Asthma, high fever, trouble breathing, etc. Other than that, one of us would settle the kid down and go back to bed. I remember with our first baby, she started waking up in the middle of the night and I gave her a bottle of juice to fall back asleep. Told the pediatrician about it. That 'this had to stop', she's waking up every night for a bottle now. She was much younger than 2 at the time, because by the time she was 2 we had another baby. Anyway, my pediatrician chuckled and said 'as long as you keep providing that bottle in the middle of the night, she'll keep waking up for it. :) He said 'stop giving her the bottle, she'll fuss a couple nights, and then stop waking up and you can go back to sleeping again. Needless to say, I didn't make that mistake with the next two babies. I just don't get this 'up all night, for hours, consoling Katie?'

This whole scenario bothers me. Is it *normal* for it to take two adults to *console* a healthy two year old for three hours? Because when our kids were little, no way would the two of us be up all night with a 2 year old. The only time the two of us were up all night like that, was if one of our children was deathly ill. Asthma, high fever, trouble breathing, etc. Other than that, one of us would settle the kid down and go back to bed. I remember with our first baby, she started waking up in the middle of the night and I gave her a bottle of juice to fall back asleep. Told the pediatrician about it. That 'this had to stop', she's waking up every night for a bottle now. She was much younger than 2 at the time, because by the time she was 2 we had another baby. Anyway, my pediatrician chuckled and said 'as long as you keep providing that bottle in the middle of the night, she'll keep waking up for it. :) He said 'stop giving her the bottle, she'll fuss a couple nights, and then stop waking up and you can go back to sleeping again. Needless to say, I didn't make that mistake with the next two babies. I just don't get this 'up all night, for hours, consoling Katie?'

It would have been much more likely that one or the other would have taken her back to their bed to settle her down.

My 2 year old will take her cup...take a couple of drinks. Put it down...go play with something, then come back to it, drink a little more, etc. It's not like when you are holding them and holding a bottle in their mouth.

Mine would, too. But according to Brad, this has been a 2 year old who has been crying for milk for two hours...

Nothing specifically analogous to this trial. Just recent coverage of North Carolina's SBI lab errors and Greg Taylor's exoneration. I haven't followed that as closely, so maybe I am jumping to unwarranted conclusions. No, no negative experiences - just a casual observer. And as I said in my post, I hope he is guilty and that solid evidence is yet to be presented.

I wasn't here for Greg Taylor, don't know how this group viewed it, but I never bought the 'innocent'. JMO

It looks like Detective Young lied in his search warrant affidavit. It says in the document "A spare key to the 2004 BMW X5 motor vehicle was secured within the motor vehicle along with 'important personal documents' of Nancy Cooper, which included the passport of Nancy Lynn Cooper and documents pertaining to the divorce of Nancy and Brad Cooper."

The detective said under cross examination today that Nancy's passport was found in a box in the master bedroom, not her vehicle. And he verified it was her "current passport".

You might want to check the dates - the collection of the passport and docs was well after the fact she was dead. Brad could have very easily taken those things from her car just as he moved things around in the house from day to day. There is no evidence the detective lied about anything in that search warrant.

My 2 year old will take her cup...take a couple of drinks. Put it down...go play with something, then come back to it, drink a little more, etc. It's not like when you are holding them and holding a bottle in their mouth.

At 4:00 a.m. though? Are you & your wife up all night long with a kid who's not sick? I remember when our kids were young we took turns on the week-end. One got up on Sat. morning with the kids and the other got up Sunday mornings, so we could each sleep in one morning a week. Neither of us are *morning people*. :great:

I don't get it either and I was somewhat non-maternal in my other posts about it. I just think it's more of Brad's hurried statements that on the surface appear ok but upon reflection don't add up.

One bank didn't do that -- I worked there for 30 years. In fact I supported the system that double-checked new accounts & txns every night. Multiple federal laws in several arenas - Patriot Act, OFAC, etc., etc. And these are checked by Uncle Sam quarterly. Failure to comply results in heavy fines and ultimately the shutdown of the business. Just sayin.'
icon7.gif

Lots of them did though, most of the big banks. They used Taxpayer ID's to put them through. These accounted for a huge chunk of the sub-prime mortgages that ultimately led to the latest housing bust.
(sorry this is way O/T)

The point of cross is to ask leading questions.

Ol' Zell is getting fed up with his tricks -- and I think the judge is too. We'll see... Again, I think Kurtz is pretty smart, but this ploy is gonna get him in trouble with the guy in the black robe.

You might want to check the dates - the collection of the passport and docs was well after the fact she was dead. Brad could have very easily taken those things from her car just as he moved things around in the house from day to day. There is no evidence the detective lied about anything in that search warrant.

So I was looking at the search warrants, and the police report stated that Nancy's passport was in the car, but it wasn't claimed on the search warrant. Does that mean they left it, and then Brad moved it and it was recovered on a later search?

Also, they seized a pair of Rainbow sandals...do we think these are the flip flops that Brad is wearing in HT video #2?

So I was looking at the search warrants, and the police report stated that Nancy's passport was in the car, but it wasn't claimed on the search warrant. Does that mean they left it, and then Brad moved it and it was recovered on a later search?

Also, they seized a pair of Rainbow sandals...do we think these are the flip flops that Brad is wearing in HT video #2?

We don't know yet if the Rainbows were hers or his I think.

That part is true but she also was found with no shoes, socks, shirt, shorts but was left with her sports bra on. There is no evidence of a sexual assault. Her diamond earrings were still in her ears so she wasn't robbed. Her hair was not pulled back which isn't necessarily proof of anything but I don't know of many runners who run with their hair flying in the breeze. It's the little things that you expect to find and don't that make me say it doesn't point to a stranger. Sometimes lack of evidence IS evidence.

Everything I've every read says not to wear a pony tail when running because it's too easy for someone to grab, much easier than hair down or short hair. So, if you are running alone, more reason to take those precautions. Also, just little things I've picked up on movies here and there, it's easy to pull the pony tail band out and many guys prefer the flowing hair. especially the rapist probably. It fits the picture better for them. I"ve also read to wear difficult clothing to remove, you will be a less easy target....well, the sports bra was more difficult and it wasn't removed.....that we know of. As for rape, I'm not convinced some little squirt, sorry, didn't do it with very little trauma, practically releasing before even getting in.....sorry so much for the graphics, and I imagine it would have washed away if there was rain which I do not know. Or, if not completely a fool, he could have used a condom, still releasing quickly and little trauma. She may have fought very little, hoping for getaway. As for the hair, if she was aware of the dangers of a pony tail she could have removed it if she saw someone suspiscious following and felt possibly threatened knowing it was easy to be grabbed by. I've just read that in so many places so she may have read it too.. It sounds far fetched but some of the accusations ongoing do as well.

I really do think if it was someone in a van, everything came off and by the time for the bra it just didn't happen....too much.

I still think the earrings were of little interest. The clothing would be trashed soon and earrings too much evidence.

I feel really bad writing about this, I hope none of her family reads it.

I also read rapists attack mostly between 5:00am and 8:30am. P

I don't get it either and I was somewhat non-maternal in my other posts about it. I just think it's more of Brad's hurried statements that on the surface appear ok but upon reflection don't add up.

Yea, I always thought it was weird both parents are up with the kid (when she's not sick and just clingy). Why would both parents lose sleep over this?

Holeeee Mak..Someone call a Medic for that Def. Attny..He gets himself so riled up it looks like he could have a stroke!!

The discussion between the judge and him is rather heated to say the least..and I have to say...the Judge is correct...No Lawyer should be asking questions regarding statement or affidavits or depos by someone without directing the witness to that particular item.....Good on ya Judge!!:woohoo:

Next, and think it is directed more on the defense right now..most of their questions have been testifying on information that is not been evidencial nor testified to..then asks a leading question??..

I dont know these Def. Attny's nor their history..but they have taken the usual "Defense Tactics" to an extreme..JMOO

It's a wily tactic that presents the defendant's statements & defense without having him take the stand. And I think Gessner has had enuff...
Old trick -- but gee, it works on TV!!!

What I don't find "normal" is a guy who is over 6 feet tall sleeping in the middle of two little kids on two little kids beds pushed together. Nor do I find it normal that one cries for 15 minutes non stop without waking the other or a grown fella letting her cry for 15 minutes before getting her up once the wife starts down the hall from the opposite end of the house...

I can keep going :D

Everything I've every read says not to wear a pony tail when running because it's too easy for someone to grab, much easier than hair down or short hair. So, if you are running alone, more reason to take those precautions. Also, just little things I've picked up on movies here and there, it's easy to pull the pony tail band out and many guys prefer the flowing hair. especially the rapist probably. It fits the picture better for them.

In the pics we've seen on NC running, she always had her hair in a ponytail. I'm on a running team and EVERY woman on the team with long hair wears a ponytail. Obviously we're in a team environment, but all of us run individually during the week. I've never asked them if they wear their hair down during the week, but I assume no. Even though your comments are sound advice, there's some things you (general) just say oh well, I'll take my chances. I think this would be one of them. If I'm out running 6 miles (like NC used to do on a regular basis), I am not going to have my hair flopping around because of a slim chance a van of mexicans/hispanics/mormons may pick me up and kill me.

What I don't find "normal" is a guy who is over 6 feet tall sleeping in the middle of two little kids on two little kids beds pushed together. Nor do I find it normal that one cries for 15 minutes non stop without waking the other or a grown fella letting her cry for 15 minutes before getting her up once the wife starts down the hall from the opposite end of the house...

I can keep going :D

You mean like this 6'+ guy with a four year old and two year old on either side of a bed that looks to be smaller than a normal double and no rails on the sides to keep the children from falling out? (No wonder the 2 year old woke up in the middle of the night. He probably rolled over and pushed her out of bed.)

...or a grown fella letting her cry for 15 minutes before getting her up once the wife starts down the hall from the opposite end of the house...

Well, I can see this scenario - "If I'm going to be awake with the kid, so is she."

("she" meaning wife).

You mean like this 6'+ guy with a four year old and two year old on either side of a bed that looks to be smaller than a normal double and no rails on the sides to keep the children from falling out? (No wonder the 2 year old woke up in the middle of the night. He probably rolled over and pushed her out of bed.)

You made me spit out my diet coke! Hysterical. And most likely true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024