Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Sorry, don't have more info about website. RT @stevengauck: @wral Any more details about website to help narrow it down for Google search?

If they still had funds in them I don't see how they could be closed?

Just a guess, but could those be the savings accounts for the children? They had been mentioned in the past as being *under* $300

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attorney Howard Kurtz: Brad admitted to visiting site about father who loses custody of children committing suicide.

Well, he sure lost his kids and he sure didn't commit suicide because of it, but it is one heck of coincidence that Nancy was murdered by being asphixiated. Too darn much of a coincidence for me considering he was even too weak to take the stand to fight for his kids. Coward :maddening:

one reason Nancy's parents filed for custody ..Brad attempted suicide as a youth

Hi RobT and welcome. In your opinion, and with court/jury experience, is Brad is guilty or innocent? Just curious. TIA.

Annie :)

As much as I would like to stay objective my gut tells me that it would have taken a slew of remote events for him not to have committed this crime. But, there's also part of me that says inevitably a first time killer makes SOME kind of mistake and through a two-year investigation the authorities have not really been able to find anything definitive, merely suggestive.

So do I think he did it? I think it is likely. But I don't think they'll get a conviction.

He was asked, straight forward, if he had ever considered suicide and he replied 'no'.

Yes, I know, but she also asked if he had looked up information about suicide on the computer and he said that he did look up information on suicide rates regarding fathers who lose custody.

one reason Nancy's parents filed for custody ..Brad attempted suicide as a youth

I remember this having been mentioned in the CC deposition, but I thought he denied it. And again, after Nancy found the notes under his keyboard that suggested to her that he may be considering it, he denied it.
My memory could very well be distorted.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
FBI agent: Logs show Brad was on his computer 4 times between 10pm & midnight on July 11. (He told police he was sleeping.) #coopertrial

Yes, I know, but she also asked if he had looked up information about suicide on the computer and he said that he did look up information on suicide rates regarding fathers who lose custody.

I do remember that--he said one article linked to the suicide article. But in all honesty, I didn't believe him during that part of the deposition.
Well, most of us feel he is unstable so any type of suicide research doesn't surprise me. However, I do believe that it could have led directly to his thoughts about killing Nancy.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
FBI agent: Brad was online more than half a dozen times morning of July 12 beginning at 6:52am, the morning Nancy went missing.

kurtz having a fit to get more details of fbi. he said in court that the computer log in evidence is the most critical evidence in the states case. judge said bring in jury and kurtz is begging the judge. Now will do. 20 minute exam with fbi w/O jury. ...asking questions now about the log and how he came to conclusion Brad was logging on computer at these hours.

I do remember that--he said one article linked to the suicide article. But in all honesty, I didn't believe him during that part of the deposition.
Well, most of us feel he is unstable so any type of suicide research doesn't surprise me. However, I do believe that it could have led directly to his thoughts about killing Nancy.

BBM

This is exactly why the defense objected, because it's prejudicial to that line of thinking.

That makes absolutely no sense. Then what is the point in putting up flyers? I could see that being an argument days or weeks later, but this was the next day. So the flyer basically says missing, have you seen me. Someone that saw her says I saw her and then recognized her face on the flyer. So now she is not credible because she saw the flyer?

All I know is what I read. I did not attend the custody hearing, so am not privy to the testimoney that was provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicbexy