State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPD...WTF?!!? Will you PLEASE hire technically competent people or at least admit your technical incompetence and get the hell out of the way? These mistakes make you look like a bunch of ignorant rednecks. I'm pissed.

Are you talking about/talking to the CPD?

So how to explain:

Defense: The state says Brad used computer to generate a call from his house. You found no such evidence. FBI agent: I did not.

But wasnt Brad's IPhone able to access computer or online programings?..He was walking around that early morning hours with a computer in his hand and appeared to be glued to it :waitasec:

Testimony from every CPD officer who came into direct and indirect contact with Cooper's computer testified they did not touch the computer, did not turn on the computer, its battery, and its power cord were all taped with that yellow police tape. No one accessed the computer before the FBI got the computer and copied the hard drive to make an image. The computer was in a locked and secure computer room at CPD. No one accidentally turned it on. Did not happen.

The FBI agents testimony clearly contradicts this. Files were changed between July 15th and when he began his examination. Not after he began his analysis, but before. How could this happen if not done by someone at CPD, accidentally or otherwise.

Great Jumpin' Josephine

Yall are sure getting worked up over testimony we are NOT hearing/seeing.

There has been no such testimony. The FBI witness testified that he himself did not alter any files. CPD detectives who were part of the search and seizure of computer equipment also testified in detail about how they seized the equipment, exactly what they did. They did not access the Cooper laptop.

But didn't he agree that 690 files had changed after the seizure date/time?

That wouldn't occur if the computer were turned off and the battery removed would it?

No, not AS LONG as it was powered off. But if the system is booted again in that same machine, it would. If the hard drive is removed and an image is made for forensic testing, I am not sure if the files would be accessed. It could depend on specific Cisco software.

As an example, my laptop has an encryption software that must be entered by password before the system will boot, otherwise the drive cannot be read. If this was also the case with that laptop, it might have needed to have been booted so the drive could be decrypted.

I am not sure on any of that, and depending on what files were accessed it might not matter at all. Yes, I know you can make the case that it should be preserved in a pristine state, but encryption software is frequently used on corporate systems these days that are built to keep folks from reading the data on them. It would not be worth all that much if they could remove the drive and put it in another system to read it, I suppose.

You do realize that this is not what was testified to, don't you? The HOME was seized on July 15 at 5:20. The computer itself was not disconnected from wireless, unplugged, or the battery removed until ~27 hours later.

Okay that means the Cooper laptop remained connected to the network and that laptop locks itself after 10 min of non use. That's what was shown in court today. Even if someone had wanted to access that laptop they could not because it was locked. Any files that were updated or changed (there were over 600 of them) are as a result of programs and scripts running on the Cooper laptop. It's his work laptop, with layers of security software and security scans done, anti virus, etc.

Since we are not getting all of the testimony including questions, answers and exhibits, I don't see how anyone can jump on this and declare that something unprofessional was done. Is it possible that it is just defense spin? Where did the data about the 690 changed files come from? Was it a state exhibit or a defense exhibit? Not being there and not having the advantage of watching/listening to it all online leaves me completely in the dark. I have much more trust/faith in the reports of those who were there to see it and hear it first hand. I look forward to the report of Full Disclosure this evening since she said she was taking a notepad today in order to take good notes!

You do realize that this is not what was testified to, don't you? The HOME was seized on July 15 at 5:20. The computer itself was not disconnected from wireless, unplugged, or the battery removed until ~27 hours later.

What is the "modified" date on the 690 files?

Court is only half a day tomorrow, right? So there's a good chance we won't actually get to watch anything again until Thursday.

Okay that means the Cooper laptop remained connected to the network and that laptop locks itself after 10 min of non use. That's what was shown in court today. Even if someone had wanted to access that laptop they could not because it was locked. Any files that were updated or changed (there were over 600 of them) are as a result of programs and scripts running on the Cooper laptop. It's his work laptop, with layers of security software and security scans done, anti virus, etc.

Maybe it was asked and simply not tweeted but I'd hope the prosecution would point out either in direct or re-direct that there are no modified files after the time the computer was physically disconnected and powered down. One would HOPE that at least.

Let's ask BC to explain it to us on the witness stand.

It would make my year to have him testify on his own behalf. But as we have said before, I don't think we'll see it. However, I do believe Brad thinks he's smart enough to testify and get a few things past the ADAs....but Kurtz is smart enough not to allow it.

WRAL
Det. Chappell examined a Mac laptop belonging to the Coopers. Found on desk near kitchen. Brad & Nancy each had accounts. #coopertrial

You're going to have to find me a guy that would initially agree to that first draft of the separation agreement, no questions asked. At the very least there would need to be mediation, which means she couldn't of left until an agreement was found.

No, my thought wasn't about the latter, it was about the former. People were talking about BC considering suicide if he lost custody of the kids.

Who is condoning anything? I don't think anyone thinks it right to go snooping around your significant other.

I'll just say it's pretty obvious some of you have never been in a distrustful relationship/marriage.

No, thank God!! I haven't. I have a wonderful husband of 32 years and if I came up missing tomorrow I can tell you one thing is for certain - he wouldn't be a suspect one single iota!

WRAL
Det. Chappell: On July 12, Brad used Nancy's login & searched whitepages.com for Mike Hiller's phone number and weather.com. #coopertrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie