State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Kurtz and company, I would go into "revamp" mode and rethink my case for next week.:D

He knew this was coming...that's why he had a litter of kittens yesterday to suppress the FBI computer evidence. He was really wigging out.
He has his hired gun lined up in an attempt to muddy the water for sure.
He is done though....cooked....anything he says now will be far less credible in the eyes of the jury.

Is there still one more detective from Cary PD to testify?

And not to be a Debbie Downer, but in the midst of all this high-fiving and I-told-ya-sos, I can help but think of how awful this trial has been for Terry and Carol Cooper. They must be mortified, shocked and destroyed everyday listening to this testimony. They are good people and my heart goes out to them.

Just think of how the children will feel when they get a little older and may want
to read on WS. How awful it will be for them. What if their friends or friends
parents pass alone information from this forum which, in my opinion, gives their
father a really bad rap on some things that have totally been rumors.....Having
lived in Lochmere, I know how the rumor mill and the cliques operate there....
especially with the age group of BC & NC et. al.

jmho

What if Kurtz is able to prove with his expert witnesses that the history was altered? That is his claim - that history and files were modified back to as far as June.

Is it even possible to modify the record of a date of a search? I have no idea, just thinking. It should be interesting to hear what the defense experts say.

Yes, and he zoomed in on a vacant lot and construction site because that's where he was going to eat lunch. He would have been right at home with the ants on his little pic-a-nic.

Your sarcasm aside, when someone's life and livelyhood is on the line I take things a bit more seriously, if it was your life and lvielyhood, I would do the same. I think if he had of wanted to search Fielding Dr he would have searched on that, not his own zipcode that brought up a huge area. I would also need to see more than hear about a few tweets, and before the defense had a chance to cross before I made sweeping statements about someone's guilt or innocence. The Pros is not going to present evidence that does not support their case even if they are aware that it may exclude the defendant, they only show what supports themselves. That is also why they give such precise directives to the people they have search computers, such as the FBI agent not being able to answer some of Kurtz's questions yesterday - he said he could have looked at some things to clarify, but he didn't because he was not asked to.

If I were Kurtz and company, I would go into "revamp" mode and rethink my case for next week.:D

Too bad they didn't go for death. Maybe a deal would have been sought right about now, to take the DP off the table....

What if Kurtz is able to prove with his expert witnesses that the history was altered? That is his claim - that history and files were modified back to as far as June.

Is it even possible to modify the record of a date of a search? I have no idea, just thinking. It should be interesting to hear what the defense experts say.

Not on a secure id computer...I don't think the history can be altered.

Your sarcasm aside, when someone's life and livelyhood is on the line I take things a bit more seriously, if it was your life and lvielyhood, I would do the same. I think if he had of wanted to search Fielding Dr he would have searched on that, not his own zipcode that brought up a huge area. I would also need to see more than hear about a few tweets, and before the defense had a chance to cross before I made sweeping statements about someone's guilt or innocence. The Pros is not going to present evidence that does not support their case even if they are aware that it may exclude the defendant, they only show what supports themselves. That is also why they give such precise directives to the people they have search computers, such as the FBI agent not being able to answer some of Kurtz's questions yesterday - he said he could have looked at some things to clarify, but he didn't because he was not asked to.

Yeah, but he zoomed onto the area of Fielding even tho it was a wide area for the zipcode entered.

He knew this was coming...that's why he had a litter of kittens yesterday to suppress the FBI computer evidence. He was really wigging out.
He has his hired gun lined up in an attempt to muddy the water for sure.
He is done though....cooked....anything he says now will be far less credible in the eyes of the jury.

And wasn't it again this morning that Kurtz was trying to have the testimony, all of it, about the computers disallowed? So you are right, he knew about it--saw it coming--and knew there was not a thing in the world he could do about it. Now it's time for him to rethink his strategy. I am not looking forward to Kurtz's computer guy's testimony as I am afraid it will make a mess of things in the juror's minds.

Madeleine's earlier post was pretty adamant that the computer was secure and nothing could have been done to change the data. I'm totally illiterate about computers but her post was strong and very good with respect to the security not having been breached.

If you have time and unlimited physical access to a computer this would a possibility. All you have to do is change the date on the computer (in windows, to the best of my knowledge, time changes by the user are not logged anywhere), access the pages at the "new" time, and then change the date back. My guess is they will try to pin that portion on CPD.

In this hypothetical, who is doing the altering?
Was the Cary PD able to alter the history so completely that it fooled the FBI experts, or are the FBI agents in on it too?
Since the defense is claiming the Cary PD was inept with electronic evidence, it's hard to make a credible arguments for the former. And, it's even harder to come up with a motive to cover the latter.

Amazing this little secret smoking gun was kept totally under wraps for 2 1/2 years w/o even a rumor of a leak.

But the defense knew -- it was somewhere in those 18,00 pages. They should have just had a smoke-detector with them -- woulda saved them a lot of time...
icon10.gif

If you have time and unlimited physical access to a computer this would a possibility. All you have to do is change the date on the computer (in windows, to the best of my knowledge, time changes by the user are not logged anywhere), access the pages at the "new" time, and then change the date back. My guess is they will try to pin that portion on CPD.

This is the kind of thing that makes me still very nervous.

In this hypothetical, who is doing the altering?
Was the Cary PD able to alter the history so completely that it fooled the FBI experts, or are the FBI agents in on it too?
Since the defense is claiming the Cary PD was inept with electronic evidence, it's hard to make a credible arguments for the former. And, it's even harder to come up with a motive to cover the latter.

The voice of reason--thank you!!

Just think of how the children will feel when they get a little older and may want
to read on WS. How awful it will be for them. What if their friends or friends
parents pass alone information from this forum which, in my opinion, gives their
father a really bad rap on some things that have totally been rumors.....Having
lived in Lochmere, I know how the rumor mill and the cliques operate there....
especially with the age group of BC & NC et. al.

jmho

Deep post - very true: perhaps BC should have thought a little harder before he did what he did to his daughters' mama! Thought about the consequences his actions would have on the little girls. But no, he thought of himself - as always - BC comes first. Control freak. He has to live with himself - and with the knowledge of how this one heinous act has ripped not one, but two families completely apart!

What gets to me is he must have really and truly thought he'd actually get away with it ... thank GOD JA's instincts kicked in when they did. Just way too sad NC didn't get away from this brute much, much earlier.

IMOO. Sad day for everyone when the realization of this whole case truly hits home

Don't take this wrong, just asking...
Did you think OJ was innocent too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members