State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There might be a better thread for this. Don't hesitate to let me know & I'll delete/move.

I'm still on the fence but....

It seems unlikely (to me) that B&NC had a big blowup Friday morning and BC just suddenly made the decision to kill her then and was already looking up dumping grounds before lunch that same day.

Seems more likely, if he did kill her (:fence:), that his thoughts/plans probably came earlier. And, if he was looking for a dumping ground at work Friday morning he'd just finally decided to act on his evil plan.

I'm thinking he had a whole week to work on details while Nancy was gone on vacation with her family but his decision may have come even earlier.

What are your thoughts??

For me, I think he had that whole week she was with her family on vacation to stew...she came back and was angry at the condition of the home through testimony. I think he was a slob on purpose..pushing her buttons in a passive aggressive way. So the whole week was full of anger and fighting, and Friday morning he still had not given her the "allowance" which created a "hate mode" on Friday. He left the home late on Friday, stopping to buy a drop cloth, she was calling him all day, which he ignored to the later part of the day and never did make a withdrawal for the "allowance". He looks up the body dump spot mid-day. He gets beer on the way home, goes to the party. I think by the time of the party Brad was in hate mode full on....was up from 10-12 on the computer......attacked her when she came home. Tragic end to a horrible marriage with victims on both sides of the family. JMO

That's exactly what I thought. Keep remembering Nancy glancing out the window looking towards her house numerous times, commenting to others 'it looks like all the lights are out', 'everybody must be in bed, asleep by now', etc. A number of the witnesses make similar comments/remarks. She was afraid, she called the realtor saying 'she needed to get away ASAP.'

< feel like crying >

I am crying too. It is like watching that video of Carlie Brucia, and saying to yourself DON'T GO!

Then he's just going from dumb to dumber. If I was going to kill someone (pre-planned) I'd definitely give myself more than a day to plan it. He's been living his hell for a couple of years. What's another freaking day?

I wonder if there will be more? Something made Nancy call the realtor to say I need out, NOW, too. It appears something ramped up both Brad & Nancy's plans.

I have questions about the fact that he was on for such a short amount of time. You would expect some searching around to find the right spot, no? Unless he looked ahead of time in person, in which case, why look at google maps? Still not sure....waiting for more details.

So you think he zoomed into the dump site Friday afternoon because he was bored?

The jury should follow the state's suggestion in their opening:

"We ask you use reason and your good common sense"

IMO - he killed her in the foyer - for some of the reasons stated here - further from the children, etc.

But also - hard surfaces easier to clean. Even though there was no blood with a strangulation - murder is messy. All the muscles / sphincters that keep waste IN when you are alive, relax when you are not. It is possible that his suicide search uncovered that (if he truly was not suicidal)

Had he done anything while she slept in bed - there would be no way to dispose of a mattress soiled by bodily fluids (hte trunk of a BMW 325 is only so big, you know). Also - and not sure that this is true - witnesses stated that Nancy slept with door locked, barricaded - so any attempt to get in may have awakened her and allowed her to call 911

The drop cloth was found unopened, so you think he put her in the trunk after losing control of all of thsoe bodily fluids and it left no trace evidence? Do you think he showered her after he supposedly ended her life? Wait, then there is the issue of hair falling out, how did he got all of those hairs to stay in her head that we all lose regulary, and seem to fall out even more when our hair is wet?

I have questions about the fact that he was on for such a short amount of time. You would expect some searching around to find the right spot, no? Unless he looked ahead of time in person, in which case, why look at google maps? Still not sure....waiting for more details.

He wasn't searching for a place in Nevada. He was looking at a place down the road from his own house.

I wonder if there will be more? Something made Nancy call the realtor to say I need out, NOW, too. It appears something ramped up both Brad & Nancy's plans.

I think that week apart that she went on her vacation actually fed into the path of no return for Brad and Nancy. For Nancy, it gave her strength and support, for Brad, it built up resentment and anger. JMO

The drop cloth was found unopened, so you think he put her in the trunk after losing control of all of thsoe bodily fluids and it left no trace evidence? Do you think he showered her after he supposedly ended her life? Wait, then there is the issue of hair falling out, how did he got all of those hairs to stay in her head that we all lose regulary, and seem to fall out even more when our hair is wet?

There was zero forensic evidence in that otherwise messy car.
That alone is compelling evidence.

He cleaned clothes, sheets, towels and floors for HOURS

There might be a better thread for this. Don't hesitate to let me know & I'll delete/move.

I'm still on the fence but....

It seems unlikely (to me) that B&NC had a big blowup Friday morning and BC just suddenly made the decision to kill her then and was already looking up dumping grounds before lunch that same day.

Seems more likely, if he did kill her (:fence:), that his thoughts/plans probably came earlier. And, if he was looking for a dumping ground at work Friday morning he'd just finally decided to act on his evil plan.

I'm thinking he had a whole week to work on details while Nancy was gone on vacation with her family but his decision may have come even earlier.

What are your thoughts??

I agree. Nancy and the kids being away for a week gave him the freedom he so dearly wanted. I think he really began considering murdering Nancy when he was researching the suicide sites-- decided against killing himself and decided to kill her instead. And the night of the 11/12 something created the snap in him. His arrogance and ego propelled him into the false security that he would never get caught....and then JA showed up much too early on Saturday morning and pretty much ruined what may have been a perfect murder.

Hi cody :)

Yea, didn't he pick up a 6-pack - went to the party then left around 8 with the girls??

Hey Annie. Very interesting testimony today. Yes, I remember his commenting on stopping by Lowes (grocery store). Then went home with the girls at 8 that night.

How about this theory. When he looked up the site, he didn't actually have a 'plan', meaning he didn't think he was going to kill her that night. just knew he was going to do this at some point. The fight that night pushed him to say 'enough, it happens tonight'

I base this off the fact he still pretty sloppy with the whole phone thing. If he really planned this out, he would of been better with that. There are things that just scream that this was spontaneous and he was just 'winging' it.

Defense asks to strike FBI testimony

Defense attorney Howard Kurtz, on April 13, 2011, asks the judge to strike testimony from FBI agents.

Today - 6:13pm

(23:31 mins)

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9436521/

Well, All I can say Brad doesnt look so smug today!! In fact his head is bowed and eyes glued to the desk infront of him!!

How many times will the defense go this route??..It just shows you how despirate they are to supress!!

Motions DENIED!!!!

that in alone is compelling evidence.

Agree, since he lived in the same house, supposedly washed all these clothes, even her dress and yet the car is completely void of a single trace of Nancy. Guess he can actually clean when the proper motivation (saving one's butt) exists. :D

So you think he zoomed into the dump site Friday afternoon because he was bored?

The jury should follow the state's suggestion in their opening:

"We ask you use reason and your good common sense"

I think he used the zip code as a search because he didn't think anything would be found as far as zooming in. If he actually saved images (why?), then I have no explanation for his stupidity.

That alone is compelling evidence.

Right, and I don't beleive he could have gotten the car that clean to remove all trace evidence of bodily fluids, hair, etc. especially in the time frame he would have had to have done it. He was an engineer, not a magician.

For me, I think he had that whole week she was with her family on vacation to stew...she came back and was angry at the condition of the home through testimony. I think he was a slob on purpose..pushing her buttons in a passive aggressive way. So the whole week was full of anger and fighting, and Friday morning he still had not given her the "allowance" which created a "hate mode" on Friday. He left the home late on Friday, stopping to buy a drop cloth, she was calling him all day, which he ignored to the later part of the day and never did make a withdrawal for the "allowance". He looks up the body dump spot mid-day. He gets beer on the way home, goes to the party. I think by the time of the party Brad was in hate mode full on....was up from 10-12 on the computer......attacked her when she came home. Tragic end to a horrible marriage with victims on both sides of the family. JMO

Frightening, eh Lori?! That this man was headed the direction he was going - it's no wonder he became even more contemptuous toward NC since her return. He was always belittling her; demeaning NC ... she was like a trapped mouse. Couldn't work, couldn't leave the country, couldn't move away ... and had to be handed money on a weekly basis.

He left the marriage years before. All this talk of "NC cut him off from sex" just drives me insane. Was she "supposed to service him"? They clearly couldn't stand each other. Making love just wasn't on the map. Rage was building up ... and that triathlete ... pounced, IMHO ... that's the way I see it.

Grrrr. Very, very sad. Sadder still - is (or was) his lack of concern. Googling when everyone else was out looking for NC. Why? He knew she wasn't coming back!

Now I have to do some turning in, myself :) Been great interacting...

I think he used the zip code as a search because he didn't think anything would be found as far as zooming in. If he actually saved images (why?), then I have no explanation for his stupidity.

My understanding is not that he saved images, but those images were cached. It would have taken more than the 41 seconds he was on the site to do all that.

Yup... sharp right, first left, and then first right and the site would be on the right side.

I don't believe GM actually has street names in for that area yet nor in the pictures shown in court were there houses there.

Thanks a lot. I was waaaaayyyyy off last weekend when I was there. I assumed it was at the dead end on the main road. I see it now on the map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member