State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the murder being in the foyer... too much amiss in that area and he probably wanted to attack her there to be as far away from his children as possible. If he attacked her in bed, then he'd run the risk of the girls being awakened, plus he'd have stairsteps to negotiate as he attempted to move her body out of the house. At any rate, what a sick puppy he was!!

At the very least I seemed to remember one of her friends saying that he didn't need to bring anything except beer for himself.

Hello RobT - that was it - and he collected a 6-er, if I'm not mistaken. Tks...

Hi bloghooligan; I don't think we're supposed to name agents / details, think you may wish to edit? Just sayin - with good intention. Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong. Tks.

Hey, thanks. I read all the TOS discussion last night... and, in the heat of posting messed up. I did redact.

ETA - @JTF you've used the detective/agents' name in your post too....

Also with SC, the witness who had expertise in domestic violence issues and had the contact at Interact of Wake County.

Thanks. I'm going to go back and listen to her testimony because HP never mentioned there was another person for lunch, just that NC picked up lunch for them and the kids.

A few things... a) they're only generated in Internet Explorer... I don't believe they're generated by Firefox or something else. b) they are in a hidden folder. I've not a Windows machine in front of me but this seems like a reasonable procedure from what I remember. http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsnetworking/ht/findtempfiles.htm

Also keep in mind that they don't necessarily have the extension .TIF ... that is kind of a generic term (and way of writing it) for the temporary internet files folder.

There's three cul-de-sacs and a dead end road at the end of Fielding Dr. She was found on the western-most cul-de-sac basically where the house to north on that cul-de-sac lies in the current Google Map pic.

I'm looking at the map.... do you know what the address of the nearest house is at that location? I just drove down in there last week, and I didn't even notice the turn once you hit the end of Fielding! So if you were to drive in, you would go all the way down to the end of Fielding, then make the sharp right turn (or due west per the map??) Is that correct?

Just signed on and haven't read all the posts yet. If I were on the jury, this news today would probably sway me to the guilty side, for sure. Finally, the prosecution comes up with something that can be easily understood by jurors. Really, in my experience, the deciders (no matter who they are) always want it fed to them in a simple fashion...

IMO

Well, IF they do have a copy it was downloaded by Brad to some sort of memory stick, and given to his lawyer's on the 15th...and since apparantly the computer had been left in the house, turned on, there had been auto updates being executed for the following 27 hours..Nothing nefarious there, only how computers work..I have updates from my firewall about every 3 hours..just gives me a ballon to say it was completed..I have no idea how that appears inside my computer data files:waitasec:

Through Discovery, the State was supposed to give the Defense a copy of his hard drive un-touched.

I'm looking at the map.... do you know what the address of the nearest house is at that location? I just drove down in there last week, and I didn't even notice the turn once you hit the end of Fielding! So if you were to drive in, you would go all the way down to the end of Fielding, then make the sharp right turn (or due west per the map??) Is that correct?

Yup... sharp right, first left, and then first right and the site would be on the right side.

I don't believe GM actually has street names in for that area yet nor in the pictures shown in court were there houses there.

There might be a better thread for this. Don't hesitate to let me know & I'll delete/move.

I'm still on the fence but....

It seems unlikely (to me) that B&NC had a big blowup Friday morning and BC just suddenly made the decision to kill her then and was already looking up dumping grounds before lunch that same day.

Seems more likely, if he did kill her :)fence:), that his thoughts/plans probably came earlier. And, if he was looking for a dumping ground at work Friday morning he'd just finally decided to act on his evil plan.

I'm thinking he had a whole week to work on details while Nancy was gone on vacation with her family but his decision may have come even earlier.

What are your thoughts??

Hey, thanks. I read all the TOS discussion last night... and, in the heat of posting messed up. I did redact.

ETA - @JTF you've used the detective/agents' name in your post too....

You're most welcome bloghooligan; have enjoyed reading your posts - we wanna keep all posters on board ... TOS is pretty strict here :)

I agree. I do not know any of the people in this case, and hearing about Brad searched the dump site just made it all so tragic for me on another level. The planning and pure evil he exhibits. I keep thinking of the testimony of Nancy at that party Fri. night looking out the window several times to see if he was in bed.. did she on some level truly fear him? She made a new friend that night, helped her get her children to the car. She seemed to me like she was such a friendly, full of life person. It is beyond sad.

That's exactly what I thought. Keep remembering Nancy glancing out the window looking towards her house numerous times, commenting to others 'it looks like all the lights are out', 'everybody must be in bed, asleep by now', etc. A number of the witnesses make similar comments/remarks. She was afraid, she called the realtor saying 'she needed to get away ASAP.'

< feel like crying >

There might be a better thread for this. Don't hesitate to let me know & I'll delete/move.

It seems unlikely (to me) that B&NC had a big blowup Friday morning and BC just suddenly made the decision to kill her then and was already looking up dumping grounds before lunch that same day.

Seems more likely, if he did kill her :)fence:), that his thoughts/plans probably came earlier. And, if he was looking for a dumping ground at work Friday morning he'd just finally decided to act on his evil plan.

I'm thinking he had a whole week to work on details while Nancy was gone on vacation with her family but his decision may have come even earlier.

What are your thoughts??

I have questions about the fact that he was on for such a short amount of time. You would expect some searching around to find the right spot, no? Unless he looked ahead of time in person, in which case, why look at google maps? Still not sure....waiting for more details.

What are your thoughts??

The article from February on suicide by asphyxiation makes me think that it was at least as early as that.

What are your thoughts??

I think you may very well be right - while NC was away, he had all the time in the world to scope out local spots .... found the site .... and that he did a quick re-visit of the site on 11th. Think he could care less about NC's reaction to the state of the house when she returned ... or anything else regarding NC. Te one thing he wanted from her was the pendant. Nothing more, nothing less - forgetting about the earrings.

Loved the parenthesis style that you put around your :fence:

IMO - he killed her in the foyer - for some of the reasons stated here - further from the children, etc.

But also - hard surfaces easier to clean. Even though there was no blood with a strangulation - murder is messy. All the muscles / sphincters that keep waste IN when you are alive, relax when you are not. It is possible that his suicide search uncovered that (if he truly was not suicidal)

Had he done anything while she slept in bed - there would be no way to dispose of a mattress soiled by bodily fluids (hte trunk of a BMW 325 is only so big, you know). Also - and not sure that this is true - witnesses stated that Nancy slept with door locked, barricaded - so any attempt to get in may have awakened her and allowed her to call 911

I understand what you are saying about his children; however, Brad was a SOB to Nancy. Even if he didn't kill her and we find out in some fashion that somebody else truly did, that doesn't negate the fact that the mother of his children was treated so poorly by him. So, when the kids read the posts of ours that point to his guilt, they will also be reading about the eyewitness testimony about how their father treated their mother, how he made her beg for mere grocery money, didn't pay the water bill(s), demeaned her in public and in private, destroyed her security in every aspect of her life, would not let her leave and go back to Canada,,,,,I could go on and on. And these are the facts about Brad Cooper the man--their father, regardless of anything else.
But I do see where you are coming from and I hope they will grow up never knowing the full truth. Those little girls, if they stay with the Rentz family, will be protected as much as possible from the truth about their father. I feel very strongly that the Rentz's have the integrity to love them and care for them without bad-mouthing their father.

That is your opinion and I totally disagree with on every aspect, especially the part about him demeaning her in public and private when the evidence is that he never spoke about her poorly to anyone that we have heard from so far.

1. He did not make her beg for grocery money, he gave her an allowance of $300 a week for groceries for her and the children,he boughthis own food according to what AS said, and he oftene picked up food for the children.
2. I am sure that more than him has missed a water bill, but I was under the impression until he took her off the accounts that she paid the bills and that it had been turned off before for non payment also.
3. Both of them argued a couple of times in public, but there has been no evidence that he demeaned her in public and private, there has been ample evidence she demeaned him to even the Exterminator.
4. I don't know what you mean by destroyed her security?
5. He never told her she could not go to Canada, but that she could not taken THEIR children to Canada where he would not be able to readily see them.

You seem to be saying even if he is found not guilty you want his children to grow up and see all these horrible things about their father and it should be okay. I think differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966