State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this hypothetical, who is doing the altering?
Was the Cary PD able to alter the history so completely that it fooled the FBI experts, or are the FBI agents in on it too?
Since the defense is claiming the Cary PD was inept with electronic evidence, it's hard to make a credible arguments for the former. And, it's even harder to come up with a motive to cover the latter.

I don't believe it was tampered with, but the possibility is certainly there. No matter what anyone tells you, I feel confident that if I was given enough time and complete physical access to this computer I myself could fabricate the evidence without anybody later detecting what I had done. It would not be easy and is unlikely to have happened, but possible with enough time and energy put into.

Was the Cary PD able to alter the history so completely that it fooled the FBI experts, or are the FBI agents in on it too?
Since the defense is claiming the Cary PD was inept with electronic evidence, it's hard to make a credible arguments for the former. And, it's even harder to come up with a motive to cover the latter.

And just to add to your reasoning, that this was a Cisco System computer with all sorts of security, firewalls, hack proofed programs!! And take Det. McDreamy as an example of Tech Savyness...dont think anyone from CDP was capable..IMO

ETA~~ No one had access at Cisco after the 16th, after Brad's office was secured for the search warrant..So until FBI got ahold of it...Dont think anybody had the time nor expertise to carry out the suggested alterations/modifications..

When exactly did LE make sure he couldn't access his work computer?

Too bad they didn't go for death. Maybe a deal would have been sought right about now, to take the DP off the table....

For sure. Would have saved a lot of money and terminal embarrassment for his family.

Lets not forget Kurtz said Brad loaned out his network key to neighbors (yea right).
He will now come back and implicate CD, DD and JA for murder and conspiracy to frame his client.
:loser:

This is the kind of thing that makes me still very nervous.

If you have time and unlimited physical access to a computer this would a possibility. All you have to do is change the date on the computer (in windows, to the best of my knowledge, time changes by the user are not logged anywhere), access the pages at the "new" time, and then change the date back. My guess is they will try to pin that portion on CPD.

Note that this not how I would accomplish this if I was doing a forgery to fool someone, just this would be a way to do it quickly. There are more untraceable ways out there, they just take a lot of time and expert knowledge.

If you have time and unlimited physical access to a computer this would a possibility. All you have to do is change the date on the computer (in windows, to the best of my knowledge, time changes by the user are not logged anywhere), access the pages at the "new" time, and then change the date back. My guess is they will try to pin that portion on CPD.

I think the key word in your post is "unlimited." Just changing the time stamps on those files (or setting the date back and running the search) would produce inconsistencies in logs such as index.dat (like things being out of order since those files are recorded sequentially).

Nahh... I know you're a tech guy as well and at least personally I'd really have a hard time believing that CPD could make enough modifications that the FBI would not discover it nor do I think the FBI would cover up if there were inconsistencies in the data retrieved.

I was there when that was introduced and argued.
The fact that the judge suppressed it was not a blow to the state... certainly not a smoking gun by any stretch.

They just wanted it in just to illustrate yet another lie Brad told in the depositions.

I'm waayyy behind today reading, and know that the pros just showed their SMOKING GUN! :woohoo:

But I would just like to make a comment about this suicide site, or whatever that the judge disallowed yesterday.

As LE says, there is NO COINCIDENCE when it comes to murder.

Personally, when I first saw this, I didn't think Brad was considering offing himself. IMHO, he wanted to see how long it takes to asphyxiate someone.

What a coinkydink! He's looking up suicide by asphyxiation, and NC was asphyxiated. :mad:

Perhaps the pros should rethink this, ehhhhhh................little bit of evidence!

JMHO
fran

I don't believe it was tampered with, but the possibility is certainly there. No matter what anyone tells you, I feel confident that if I was given enough time and complete physical access to this computer I myself could fabricate the evidence without anybody later detecting what I had done. It would not be easy and is unlikely to have happened, but possible with enough time and energy put into.
I agree. With time, access, and expertise the bits on a hard drive can be arranged in any order. Which is why my question was about who had the time, access, and expertise? Answer: no one.

Although, it worked for OJ. It was argued that LAPD was so inept they allowed evidence to be contaminated, while simultaneously possessing the skill to precisely plant any evidence that could not be attributed to contamination.

Deep post - very true: perhaps BC should have thought a little harder before he did what he did to his daughters' mama! Thought about the consequences his actions would have on the little girls. But no, he thought of himself - as always - BC comes first. Control freak. He has to live with himself - and with the knowledge of how this one heinous act has ripped not one, but two families completely apart!

What gets to me is he must have really and truly thought he'd actually get away with it ... thank GOD JA's instincts kicked in when they did. Just way too sad NC didn't get away from this brute much, much earlier.

IMOO. Sad day for everyone when the realization of this whole case truly hits home

I agree. I do not know any of the people in this case, and hearing about Brad searched the dump site just made it all so tragic for me on another level. The planning and pure evil he exhibits. I keep thinking of the testimony of Nancy at that party Fri. night looking out the window several times to see if he was in bed.. did she on some level truly fear him? She made a new friend that night, helped her get her children to the car. She seemed to me like she was such a friendly, full of life person. It is beyond sad.

They stated that this search happened in his office at Cisco. Is there a trail that lists what IP address was active when a search was conducted?

And just to add to your reasoning, that this was a Cisco System computer with all sorts of security, firewalls, hack proofed programs!! And take Det. McDreamy as an example of Tech Savyness...dont think anyone from CDP was capable..IMO

ETA~~ No one had access at Cisco after the 16th, after Brad's office was secured for the search warrant..So until FBI got ahold of it...Dont think anybody had the time nor expertise to carry out the suggested alterations/modifications..

So do you all think he must have done these searches at work thinking that no one would ever check his work computers and just his home computer?
That has to be his mindset. Obviously he is smart enough not to do those searches at home.

When exactly did LE make sure he couldn't access his work computer?

I believe it was the 16th of July..All I know is that Brad's access card code had been changed when he had tried to enter on the 17th July..

I work for a company that does a lot of work for DOD and our systems are likely more secure than anything used by Cisco internally. These changes are still possible on our systems it just takes more time and skill.

The illusion of security is normally much higher than the reality of it and that is a computer fact that I wish more people understood.

I agree. I do not know any of the people in this case, and hearing about Brad searched the dump site just made it all so tragic for me on another level. The planning and pure evil he exhibits. I keep thinking of the testimony of Nancy at that party Fri. night looking out the window several times to see if he was in bed.. did she on some level truly fear him? She made a new friend that night, helped her get her children to the car. She seemed to me like she was such a friendly, full of life person. It is beyond sad.

Yep, I believe she 'knew' there was going to be a big fight if he was awake when she got home.

Well, I am interested in hearing what they have to say.

The FBI confirmed yesterday that 600+ files had been altered. No one has ever accused the FBI of anything.

I'm just going to wait and give them a chance to defend against this evidence, with an open mind.

Well cody, there's your smoking computer evidence we suspected and waited patiently for...the google map of the murder dump site..
Premeditated and preplanned

IMHO, this is the HOOK the pros was waiting to throw to the jurors!

Wow!

What a bomb-shell!

Murder ONE!..................GOTCHA' BRAD!:behindbar:

Yep,
JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online