State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If defense bring their own computer experts on, if they found this search also, they will have to testify such, no? I am really having a hard time believing that the only way to find this is by the FBI's secret program. Would the defense be trying to get this out of the trial so that they will not have to bring their own experts? Wouldn't it be funny if they don't call any in their side? Just thinkin' out loud.

They may not, but I wouldn't bet a cent on it. EVERY case I experienced that called for an expert had one thing in common: both sides had experts with deeply felt and completely contrary opinions! :waitasec:

Exactly! The FBI shouldn't give it up and won't. The (unusual person) feels he is so entitled to it, IMO. Not!

*As a side note, I am almost dreading the 'verdict watch' we do here. I think I will have to duct tape my hands to my chair to keep myself from posting!

MOO

I think it will only take an hour to reach verdict

I tend to think that Brad did intent Friday Night was THE NIGHT, especially after he saw the response from the Realtor about getting alternate housing for Nancy and the kids. And he had had the prior 2 weeks or so to scope out Fielding Drive, prepare his spoofing calls, etc etc... I'll bet he had made himself a check list to hide, get rid of evidence, create his alibi, BUT the 2 monkey wrenches were1) She fought back, and she made a mess downstairs in that foyer, and had to do alot more house cleaning than he expected...I think Brad did his dump of Nancy during the dead of night, and spent the rest of the night cleaning like mad...In the end, altho he thought he had covered his cyber tracks ( being the super Tech Expert) is yikes..FBI was able to find things he thought he had deleted..2)He thought he had more time to that..Drat those nosey friends, neighbours!! Drat the police alerted to her being missing before he was ready..Drat Drat Drat!

Cant wait for Det Daniels to climb up on that stand..Im ready for this guy to start weaving all these circumstantials to be woven together...:seeya:

Hi Lindy! I'm doing a true less0305 and quoting my own post (snipped) from other thread a few hours ago, lol. But my thoughts run exactly as yours:

Here's my theory, fwiw ... :

May have been a longer struggle than anticipated in the hall. More mess than anticipated; took longer for BC to clean. Needed more detergent - headed to the store. Time was running out... he'd be caught on cctv & needed a cover as to why would he's at a store @ 4am ish? "Ahhh! kids!"

He already knew where to dump NC. It may have been getting light & folk would be around. Initial plan hide NC deeper in the woods failed: no time. Fearing discovery, dumped NC and scrambled away; afraid he'd be seen, he calls himself at 6.05 and goes from dump site-on to rid evidence carried from house & car - then returns to HT (changes in car, as planned). That 2nd call explains why he was driving around after 6 & back at HT. "NC asked me to go back for milk and juice...".

But - he was in different clothes and shoes @ same store within such a small time frame.

Plausible - to him - any sighting now accounted for. He didn't consider the earrings; may have taken jogging shorts but no time to finish the "crime-scene" as a random attack; dumped her shoes and gear with other evidence from the house. He concentrated on speed - not detail. Didn't realize he had two left running shoes or an assured robbery motive.

BC timed out... Just my take 'n thoughts...

would you really want the FBI showing their cards so that all criminals, pedophiles have access

IIRC, hadn't there been quite an ongoing kiddie *advertiser censored* sting in the Cary area in the recent past? I thought it was included in some national/international kiddie *advertiser censored* arrest/s within the last year or two?

from how I understood the argument in court...Defense wanted the exact way the FBI got their evidence and the FBI said they weren't saying...it would compromise the FBIBrads just peeved they found it and wants to know how they found it

BBM
Exactly

The protection of exact identification of the process is akin to the crimestoppers program. The vehicle of anonymously to supply LE with information about a crime.
An individual phones in a tip (example DRUGS)
Result is seizure of illegal drugs
Accused goes to court and wants to find out who it was that called
The accused will NEVER find out who called Crimestoppers with the tip
because the callers are given a code number which is used in all subsequent calls and callers do not have to identify themselves.

In this trial they will NEVER now or in the future find out the exact process or the identification process LE tech's use to gather (illegal) information from a computer. It would comprimise a system, integral in society to fight crime.

Brad could continue to fight for this information but it will NEVER happen.
Just like the accused in a drug case fights to find out who turned them in...they can try but they will NEVER get that information from LE.

jmo

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Prosecutor: What evidence did you find of any hacking on Brad's computer? Det. Chappell: None. #coopertrial

I'm thinking of slamming my fingers in the car door so that I won't be tempted to type. LOL!!
:great::floorlaugh:

Or you can do what I did last night and break your keyboard in two. (Mad dash to the computer store this AM :angel:)

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense: Why would Brad, who's a smart guy, leave 1 piece of evidence (Google Maps search zoomed on body site) & nothing else? #coopertrial

Hi Lindy! I'm doing a true less0305 and quoting my own post (snipped) from other thread a few hours ago, lol. But my thoughts run exactly as yours:

Here's my theory, fwiw ... :

May have been a longer struggle than anticipated in the hall. More mess than anticipated; took longer for BC to clean. Needed more detergent - headed to the store. Time was running out... he'd be caught on cctv & needed a cover as to why would he's at a store @ 4am ish? "Ahhh! kids!"

He already knew where to dump NC. It may have been getting light & folk would be around. Initial plan hide NC deeper in the woods failed: no time. Fearing discovery, dumped NC and scrambled away; afraid he'd be seen, he calls himself at 6.05 and goes from dump site-on to rid evidence carried from house & car - then returns to HT (changes in car, as planned). That 2nd call explains why he was driving around after 6 & back at HT. "NC asked me to go back for milk and juice...".

But - he was in different clothes and shoes @ same store within such a small time frame.

Plausible - to him - any sighting now accounted for. He didn't consider the earrings; may have taken jogging shorts but no time to finish the "crime-scene" as a random attack; dumped her shoes and gear with other evidence from the house. He concentrated on speed - not detail. Didn't realize he had two left running shoes or an assured robbery motive.

BC timed out... Just my take 'n thoughts...

He wasn't in different clothes in the 2 HT trips.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Prosecutor objects to defense's question. Jury out. Prosecutor: Brad left behind other evidence, but judge won't allow it. #coopertrial
34 seconds ago

its the FBI that won't give it up..don't blame it on the pros..do you think Apple would give Cisco an insight of their software

To my knowledge this is not true. The FBI has never been asked for this report. What they said they would not give up is their procedures and this is not a procedure.

Our reporter takes notes in courtroom, calls us w/ updates. RT @jeannefromnc: w8 I thought no updates from the courtroom @wral #coopertrial

good to know we aren't' the only ones hanging around waiting for a sliver of evidence

I don't think you are fully understanding the issue here. It has nothing to do with internet files, cookies, deleting history, etc. This about detecting whether or not a computer has been tampered with. The results form this type of test would have no bearing on a normal child *advertiser censored* case.

I think the fact that CPD or whomever was responsible for securing the Cisco laptop connected it to a network that enabled it to receive automatic updates is a huge RED flag. I am pretty sure that best practice when performing forensic analysis on a computer is to keep it isolated(ie., not connected to a network) such that there is no way the data could be come contaminated by outside factors. The fact that this was not done in my mind opens the door to have any evidence based on later analysis rendered inadmissible. I am surprised the defense has not thought of this. Also by connecting it to a network which probably is also connected to the internet opens the door that they could have performed the search themselves and changed the time stamp of the cache files.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Prosecutor wants to show jury website Brad allegedly visited that talked about suicide by asphyixiation. #coopertrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim