State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was inapproprate response imo.

I tend to think it was more of an inappropriate question by the defense. What answer would you expect the witness to give? It seemed like an honest answer to a loaded question. MOO

The CCIE lab, the OS is already installed and there is no troubleshooting aspect for the lab. It is simply a mad house effort to configure features and make call flows work as expected.

Even Lab v2.0? I could have sworn you still had to deal with all that windows crap because the linux appliance wasn't universal yet. I could very well be wrong though, it has been a looooong time since I had to irritate myself with any of that stuff.

Heck, they might as well do a you tube video and put it on the web just like "how to make a bomb," or "here's how you can circumvent airport security." OMG - people slay me with their rationale. Yeah, let's just show everybody HOW to get caught sending child *advertiser censored* around the world - never mind that innocent babies are raped and murdered for some sick SOB's satisfaction, so long as the sick SOB's attorney makes a handful of dough and gets their client back to his cushy life of disseminating child *advertiser censored*. :banghead:

I don't think you are fully understanding the issue here. It has nothing to do with internet files, cookies, deleting history, etc. This about detecting whether or not a computer has been tampered with. The results form this type of test would have no bearing on a normal child *advertiser censored* case.

I don't think you are fully understanding the issue here. It has nothing to do with internet files, cookies, deleting history, etc. This about detecting whether or not a computer has been tampered with. The results form this type of test would have no bearing on a normal child *advertiser censored* case.

from how I understood the argument in court...Defense wanted the exact way the FBI got their evidence and the FBI said they weren't saying...it would compromise the FBI
Brads just peeved they found it and wants to know how they found it

So what they are saying if the tweets are correct is that BC cleared a single cookie but did not clear history nor clear cache nor manually delete the Temporary Internet Files. This makes not much sense.

I'm thinking it's possible he did that on purpose so the evidence of "mundane" searches would stay on the computer... I mean hey he was searching museums and all....
:loser:

Maybe he didn't have time to go back and permanently delete the rest of the evidence of the map search, or maybe he was so preoccupied after just killing his wife that he overlooked it. He slipped up.

JMO

To all of the computer experts out there, if Cary LE had given this computer to a normal expert that did not work for the FBI and he found this info, this would all be moot? correct? Or, are you saying that "only" the FBI would have found this?

You know, I'm just a common every day individual who happens to not know a whole damn lot about computer or cell phone technology. What I do know is what doo-doo smells like. Brad's internet "research," if you will, and his actions prior to Nancy's death and after Nancy's death, his knowing what item of clothing she was wearing, his conveniently not giving Nancy her allowance on Friday, his hijacking Nancy's email accounts, his ending up with a necklace that she never took off, his two highly suspicious trips to HT that very morning, the mysterious missing two shoes of the same foot, the mysterious missing of his own shoes shown in the HT video, his ability and knowledge and procuring of equipment to spoof an alibi call, his hatred of Nancy, and his inability to show any emotion for the death of the mother of his children REEKS of doo-doo. That's what I know. My bet is on the fact that jurors are a little more like me - just your normal everyday folk that knows when the toilet is overflowing.

Playing devil's advocate here:

Because they needed to create evidence late in the game and you can't do that easily physical evidence at that point? Just a thought.

Does anybody know off-hand when the image of the hard drive in brads computer was taken and was that done by the FBI or CPD?

The analysis was done by the FBI. I don't think CPD was supposed to touch it but I'm not sure. If I remember at in 2008 they gave it to FBI because their cyber crime unit was fairly new and they didn't have the expertise for computer forensics.

To all of the computer experts out there, if Cary LE had given this computer to a normal expert that did not work for the FBI and he found this info, this would all be moot? correct? Or, are you saying that "only" the FBI would have found this?

i think they didn't get this info until the FBI examined the computer

I'm thinking it's possible he did that on purpose so the evidence of "mundane" searches would stay on the computer... I mean hey he was searching museums and all....
:loser:

Maybe he didn't have time to go back and permanently delete the rest of the evidence of the map search, or maybe he was so preoccupied after just killing his wife that he overlooked it. He slipped up.

JMO
Or, maybe, he deleted as much as he could and it was not enough?

Correct, but if you google map that Cary zip code, Fielding Drive area still comes up to the far right of the map. And I swear somewhere yesterday I read on WRAL that the map had been "moved" which I equate with clicking and dragging the map over to the Fielding area then zoomed in.

Google the zip code. You will see Holly Springs Rd on the right, and if you zoom enough you will see Fielding even if it is a different zip code.

I was saying this because of the testimony yesterday that Fielding Dr was tht lat/long center of the zip code. It's not because it isn't in that zip code and wasn't in that zip code in 2008.

I am respectively editing to this point only. If you truly believe what you have written above then I hope that you are never unjustly charged or suspected of a crime. My opinion has only to do with what you said above, and not this case in particular.

I am lucky to have never been charged with anything other than speeding. I hope that luck holds out, and I hope to improve my odds by not committing crimes, or at least avoiding murdering people as that seems to land one in court. But relevant to the point, here's what you took issue with of mine:

“So, the point is to show that the totality of the evidence indicates beyond a reasonable doubt (not no doubt) that the defendant committed the crime. To me, the prosecution has now met this burden. The task is not to show that each piece of evidence if viewed in a vacuum could have some other explanation, but rather all the evidence in the entirety. View it all in that context, and it is clear what happened.”

And that is a fair summary of how things work. The jury is not charged to abandon common sense or view things in a vacuum. Let me illustrate further by quoting the North Carolina Pattern Jury Instructions for criminal cases as relevant.

The jury must find the state’s case made beyond a reasonable doubt for each element of the offense, not for each iota of possible evidence. Here is one concluding instruction the judge likely will give the jury:

“You should consider all the evidence, arguments, contentions and positions urged by the attorney(s) and any other contention that arises from the evidence; and using your common sense you must determine the truth in this case.”

Actual common sense is encouraged in light of “all the evidence.” As to the burden of proof of the offense and its elements, not dissected bits of information and fanciful conspiracy theories, the judge would likely instruct thusly:

“Reasonable doubt is a doubt based on reason and common sense, arising out of some or all of the evidence that has been presented, or lack or insufficiency of the evidence, as the case may be. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is proof that fully satisfies or entirely convinces you of the defendant's guilt.”

And as to the weight of the evidence, the judge would likely say:

“You are the sole judges of the weight to be given any evidence. By this I mean, if you decide that certain evidence is believable you must then determine the importance of that evidence in light of all other believable evidence in the case.”

Again, the admonition that evidence be construed in “light of all other believable evidence.”

I say likely because these are pattern instructions and the judge may instruct as he wishes though by practice the attorneys will suggest various pattern instructions or perhaps an instruction drafted or modified to fit the case in particular.

Now, it is right of each attorney to attack evidence in piece and the opposing narrative as a whole, but it is not required for the jury to consider the mere possibility of various alternate theories of evidence as more important than the picture in total.

Granted, the system is not perfect, but that is how it works.

These instructions noted above (which are current, I just looked them up on casemaker) and the philosophy behind them is consistent with how we understood juries to decide things in practice and in theory when I tried cases. However, I left trial practice several years ago and if you have more recent information to show juries should work differently now, I’d be glad to type corrected.

He testified yesterday the search was on BC's own zipcode of 27518 so why would there be a cookie for Fielding Drive? Chappell is trying to imply that there should be one, but that is not true.

Because he apparently moved the map over and zoomed in to fielding drive. I think that is what cookie is missing. JMO.

You know, I'm just a common every day individual who happens to not know a whole damn lot about computer or cell phone technology. What I do know is what doo-doo smells like. Brad's internet "research," if you will, and his actions prior to Nancy's death and after Nancy's death, his knowing what item of clothing she was wearing, his conveniently not giving Nancy her allowance on Friday, his hijacking Nancy's email accounts, his ending up with a necklace that she never took off, his two highly suspicious trips to HT that very morning, the mysterious missing two shoes of the same foot, the mysterious missing of his own shoes shown in the HT video, his ability and knowledge and procuring of equipment to spoof an alibi call, his hatred of Nancy, and his inability to show any emotion for the death of the mother of his children REEKS of doo-doo. That's what I know. My bet is on the fact that jurors are a little more like me - just your normal everyday folk that knows when the toilet is overflowing.
I heart you. :)

you know what is creepy ..they have technology now they can watch what others are doing on the computer...man the ISP address is huge

Wouldn't some be saying... 'it wasn't the FBI so not reliable or best available'?

from how I understood the argument in court...Defense wanted the exact way the FBI got their evidence and the FBI said they weren't saying...it would compromise the FBI

And I just bet Brad assured Kurtz and Co. there would be NO evidence to implicate himself on his computer ( as he thought he had erased it)..and Kurtz, the good def. lawyer he is, assumes Brad told him the truth..NOW Brad is likely racking his brain trying to figure out just what tool or search engine FBI uses??...I think it looks good on them. It appears, Brad and his expert cannot replicate the search done by FBI..And poor Kurtz after taking crash courses on computer stuff from Brad for 2 years, is fumbling to circumvent the legalities ..to the point of alleging tampering..then violations of his rights.

Poor poor Brad, I do think it fitting that his expertise is precisely what caught him in the end of this!! :loser:

They asked to see the report from the software that they used. Not to know or use the software or methods themselves.

They want materials created by the FBI, not the process or methods they used to create the evidence.

Hiding behind the pedofile excuse is entirely disingenuous on the part of the Pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie