State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the next day after NC went missing (the Sunday), her cell phone should have been examined forensically to determine if there were text messages, etc. that might indicate anyone she might have been meeting, etc.

IMNSHO, that should have been standard practice at that point in any such case. Get an emergency SW. That lack of action is incompetence, approaching dereliction of duty. When it became a murder investigation, they waited months before attempting to examine her phone? They just let all those phones and computers just sit there in the evidence room all that time, not even a little curious what might be there. Not even a little sneak and peek?

Especially since Det. Young, who would not like us to think he is such a novice in regards to electronic evidence and that there was no evidence on her phone (still baflles me how he could say that while at the same time thinking that he never looked at it), wrote the following in the search warrant request about his experience:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local...4205150825.pdf

Pg. 3
"My training and experience has shown that people use personal electronic devices, to include cellular telephones, for many aspects of their daily lives. This practice is even more common among people who work in the technology sector, such as Brad Cooper was, a VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) engineeer for Cisco Systems, Inc. Numerous past investigations have revealed evidence of crimes on electronic devices to include evidence of motive, method and intent to commit specific crimes via photographs, text messages, email messages, websites and other digital files stored on these devices."

From this line of questioning, I'm guessing Boz couldn't find Levitan's facebook page. Good grief.

Another witness with 'notes'. Is this Kurtz first criminal trial?

Morning recap before trial gets going good:

Surprise experts cannot testify, but experts can testify to surprising things. SIM card can be wiped by 10 times bad PUC or 1 time with bad sledgehammer. Neither side calling sledgehammer expert. Prosecution may or may not call witness about router BC may or may not have had. Wait, BC had a router but got rid of it? Don't know for sure. JW posting on this site called out by state for LOL and to b-slap defense for trying to call new expert. Defense b-slaps back by saying state need only look at the new guy's facebook to be ready for cross. Judge still hates facebook.

Places everyone and .... ACTION!

From this line of questioning, I'm guessing Boz couldn't find Levitan's facebook page. Good grief.

I was waiting for him to say "You like the publicity of giving opinions right, isn't that why you appear on Nancy Grace?"

What I'm saying is that if a lawyer cannot do his or her job without checking out what the layperson would do, then he or she should find another line of work.

<mod snip> If you actually read the article, you would understand that they are trying to get an idea of how a layperson thinks and feels because it is the best way to have any idea of how someone on the jury might think. The jury is prohibited from speaking about the trial to anyone. It would also make sense that with the availabilty of information on the internet, such as live video feeds into courtrooms, citizens have access to minute details of a case, even evidence that is not allowed into court, so there opinions matter more than they used to.

And so by your line of thinking, attorneys are inept for using technology, however, law enforcement is inept for not understanding more about it.
<mod snip>

Woo hoo--Boz just blasted him on Nancy's cell phone. Never investigated it--didn't have the phone.

This Boz clown is getting on my nerves.........I think it is his drama like performance.

JMO

Why wouldn't he have brought nor provided the June 29th, 2009, when he did bring subsequent photos and paperwork?

This Boz clown is getting on my nerves.........I think it is his drama like performance.

JMO

He's a bully and the jury has a front row seat to all this. I would not be surprised if there is a juror or two is offended by his behavior regardless of what he gets a witness to admit.

There is a lot to be said for how respectful Kurtz has treated all the witnesses.

This witness is responding with 'sir' in a condescending manner. He is not liking this cross examination and Boz has stirred up his confusion.

Guess the documentation is protected like the FBI's is. Unbelievable. Boz does not have much to ask him about.

I personally think Boz is making the points that need to be made and whoa that he didn't examine the phone laying in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876