State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong but I thought he said he asked her to get a copy of the time card a year after Nancy's death.
Your reasoning sounds more in line with what's going on but I thought he asked JP twice when it was and both times he said a year after Nancy's death.
Anyhow, the twist is interesting.

but I don't understand what his WIFE'S time card would have to do with him.

Thank you NCEast. Nice recap!

You really haven't missed a thing. Mostly drama between the opposing attorneys....as usual. Hope you get to see the afternoon testimony. We left off at a place with JP that may get a bit explosive--something about Nancy's saying something that made him mad. He has denied ever being mad or upset with her. It's up next--whatever it is.

He had to pick his children up from her house before she went to work. His recollection is that he picked up his children at 6:32 a.m. He wanted to verify that she had to be at work at 7 in order to validate his recollection.

and whether JP lied or not....hmmmm I don't think so. I believe he told the truth. JMO
we'll have to wait and see what the jury thinks.......but to each his own. Was JP uncomfortable on the hot seat....looked like it from my office chair, but I don't think he had any thing to lie about or to be less than truthful about once he cleared up in testimony about the sexual encounter on the couch. The rest is phone calls on record, but of little importance, IMO in the bigger scheme of things. I may be wrong here, but I don't think this will get brad his get out of jail card.

Because HM was his alibi for the night of the 11th--he was with her all night and picked his kids up from his ex wife's house at 6:30am on the 12th to keep them while she worked. So that gives him an alibi for the morning of the 12th. He was covering his butt--either by instinct or he had been given a heads up that the defense may try to throw everything on him.

I may be wrong but I thought he said he asked her to get a copy of the time card a year after Nancy's death.
Your reasoning sounds more in line with what's going on but I thought he asked JP twice when it was and both times he said a year after Nancy's death.
Anyhow, the twist is interesting.

OK. That will teach me to multitask. lol I believe you.

Kurtz just seemed surprised about the time card thing.

JP confirmed that NC shopped at Food Lion. Now which FL was near where JP was living at that time?

JP confirmed that NC shopped at Food Lion. Now which FL was near where JP was living at that time?

I thought he said Lowe's Foods. :waitasec: (I don't have any kids here today so I have no excuses.)

He had to pick his children up from her house before she went to work. His recollection is that he picked up his children at 6:32 a.m. He wanted to verify that she had to be at work at 7 in order to validate his recollection.

Because HM was his alibi for the night of the 11th--he was with her all night and picked his kids up from his ex wife's house at 6:30am on the 12th to keep them while she worked. So that gives him an alibi for the morning of the 12th. He was covering his butt--either by instinct or he had been given a heads up that the defense may try to throw everything on him.

Thanks!! I get it now. I hope I can view a little this afternoon. Training was a real b**** since I thought I was missing important stuff and wanted desperately to be "in attendance in court" today!!!

I had a doctor's appointment and missed most of JP's testimony. Can anyone give me a brief synopsis. I will hear it later in full. I hate I missed it though.

I really would like to know what Mr. & Mrs. R are thinking about now....If I were in their shoes
I would be thinking perhaps BC is innocent and wouldn't it be wonderful if it could be proved
beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone else did this to our daughter. Then the children
would at least have a father........ just thinking out loud...... For the sake of the children, I would love to have others mentioned looked at.......

I had a doctor's appointment and missed most of JP's testimony. Can anyone give me a brief synopsis. I will hear it later in full. I hate I missed it though.

Read backwards from your post here--maybe 8 or 10. I just did a short recap for less.

POST 352..just found it.

I'd like to know why AS is sitting with the Rentz family today.

WDS waiting in the wings?

and whether JP lied or not....hmmmm I don't think so. I believe he told the truth. JMO
we'll have to wait and see what the jury thinks.......but to each his own. Was JP uncomfortable on the hot seat....looked like it from my office chair, but I don't think he had any thing to lie about or to be less than truthful about once he cleared up in testimony about the sexual encounter on the couch. The rest is phone calls on record, but of little importance, IMO in the bigger scheme of things. I may be wrong here, but I don't think this will get brad his get out of jail card.

I have thought the whole time this guy lied to the police from the start. I haven't seen his testimony here though, yet.

I think if he'd been a decent person he would have told the whole truth when asked. Did he care nothing at all that NC was murdered? Just cared about trying to cover his own tracks?

I would have liked to see him charged with something for lying to the police, IMO. Lying impedes an investigation by requiring resources to sort out the lies and then muddies the trial later on, as it does today.

Some believe it is possible (or probable) that someone who knew NC other than BC killed her. This guy telling only what he has to at any given moment puffs up that theory, IMO.

I'm not trying to come across as cross to you, but this guy I have had a low opinion of for quite a while.

To me that says that he felt he was being investigated which is contrary to what the defense has claimed in terms of the CPD not looking anywhere else. MOO
Yes, but, I think he was being investigated by the defense, not LE. jmo

I am catching up while listening to the non-jury arguments still going on.

Two things I noticed with JP.

Halloween night, JP came downstairs from taking a shower to find NC on her living room couch. Why was he taking a shower upstairs at the Cooper house?

JP keeps looking anxiously at the prosecutors while testifying.

And form the discussion about the second interview, about Michael and other stuff. Get back from lunch by 2:00.

BBM

Both of those struck me as odd. Obviously if you're taking a shower, you're up to something. And, he did look at the state's table a lot - enough that I took notice of it. Like he would pause, look at them, wait to see if it was "ok" to answer the defense. imo

I really would like to know what Mr. & Mrs. R are thinking about now....If I were in their shoes
I would be thinking perhaps BC is innocent and wouldn't it be wonderful if it could be proved
beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone else did this to our daughter. Then the children
would at least have a father........ just thinking out loud...... For the sake of the children, I would love to have others mentioned looked at.......

Really???? Do you really think they would have pursued custody of the children as aggressively as they did if they thought he was innocent.

Do your really think this JP's testimony would change their opinion of brad?

not if you say so....and I know it is your opinion, but I think it is just too personal to get inside their heads right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm