State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So which blunder today was the worst for Coomings?

1. Asking a defense witness to read an alternate theory of the crime that pointed to someone other than BC (with no followup to show that couldn't have happened)?
2. Saying in front of the jury that since the ducks have appeared, it blows the prosecutions theory that there was a struggle in the foyer that destroyed the ducks?
3. Saying in front of the jury that since the ducks have appeared, it makes his witnesses look like liars?

I really hope this guy isn't part of the prosecution team for Jason Young.

I thought it came when he tried to show that you need a strong grip to hold a tennis racquet. I thought he was going to accuse BC of strangling her with a tennis racquet! My 8 yr. old plays tennis and of course he is able to grip the racquet. Women are able to hold on to golf clubs and tennis racquets and other amazing things. You don't need to be an ironman to hold on to a tennis racquet. I thought that was such a reach that I was disgusted with him after that and I'm sure the jurors were unimpressed.

Absolutely and you may want to consider the outfit you wear to court after all - all eyes will be on you. Expert witnesses don't come cheap.:woohoo:

And clean up your facebook page!

:floorlaugh:

Why did he lie and say that he had gone to bed at 8:30 and there is proof that he was on his computer several times after that? (I can't buy that he was laying in bed between the two girls working on his laptop when it was plugged into the docking station on Saturday. That's a stretch.)

Because it is easier for him than telling the truth about what he thinks of himself, his life and the situation he has created. (Possible homicide not included, but not necessarily excluded)

This says a lot in very few words, and captures Brad's predicament very well.
Edit: This is the post of the week IMHO, this really is accurate, and is also a very neutral comment. A book about this trial could be written with this one sentence as the guiding theme.

According to the testimony of the SBI, there was a stain on the dress that they did not test. No way of knowing if it was ribs, or wine. Not sure that counts as a lie.

It was a small, oily stain that couldn't even be seen without close scrutiny when they looked for it. Could it have been a child's fingerprint from chicken mcnuggets? Brad said he washed the dress.

So which blunder today was the worst for Coomings?

1. Asking a defense witness to read an alternate theory of the crime that pointed to someone other than BC (with no followup to show that couldn't have happened)?
2. Saying in front of the jury that since the ducks have appeared, it blows the prosecutions theory that there was a struggle in the foyer that destroyed the ducks?
3. Saying in front of the jury that since the ducks have appeared, it makes his witnesses look like liars?

I really hope this guy isn't part of the prosecution team for Jason Young.

Cummings is the First Assistant DA to C. Willoughby. I'm sure he is part of the big J. Young trial, perhaps that is why he was so unprepared for this trial today?

Why did he lie and say that he had gone to bed at 8:30 and there is proof that he was on his computer several times after that? (I can't buy that he was laying in bed between the two girls working on his laptop when it was plugged into the docking station on Saturday. That's a stretch.)

I don't think it's reasonable to suggest he was in bed working on his laptop. I agree, that's a stretch. But I think, like Kurtz pointed out with Daniels, is that he wasn't asked that question until October, during his deposition. I think it was honestly a mistake. There was nothing incriminating that he did that night on his computer, no reason to lie. In the first interview he gave, he stated he put the girls to bed, and that he was asleep with them by the time Nancy came home from the party.

I have also realized, that you guys are putting me in a situation where I have to sound like I'm making excuses and jumping through hoops, but some things, I just don't view as lies. I think forgetting an hour of internet surfing, three months later, isn't really a lie, but I appreciate the fact that some of you would disagree.

Just in review of MH testimony I had one thought - I'd like to see/hear what an expert has to say about his body language and telling lies. He had that whole eyes thing going on that.

Cummings is the First Assistant DA to C. Willoughby. I'm sure he is part of the big J. Young trial, perhaps that is why he was so unprepared for this trial today?

Oh my. Please say it ain't so.

It was a small, oily stain that couldn't even be seen without close scrutiny when they looked for it. Could it have been a child's fingerprint from chicken mcnuggets? Brad said he washed the dress.

Now that's not accurate. Brad didn't say he washed the dress. Young said Brad told him he got it from a hamper, and didn't know if it had been washed. SBI said it was consistent with not being washed.

And I don't want to speculate as to what caused the stain on the dress--just merely pointing out there is one, and that it could be perfectly consistent with wine, but it was never tested.

I think the fact Nancy allegedly asked Brad "is it noticeable" indicates it wasn't an overly large stain. I think the "wine" part comes through JA repeating Brad, so take that for what you will.

I got berated last night for saying that ever since the defense began presenting their case things have gotten very interesting. (I admit that I did not use the correct verbage in my post). But, I must admit that a lot of the prosecutions case was long-winded and not pertinent in proving that BC murdered NC.
I, now, stand by my original post that this case has gotten A LOT more interesting ever since the defense began presenting their case. While others feel that Kurtz, etc are not good defense attorneys, I disagree and would take them any day over the awful display that Cummings has put on the past few days.

Agreed. Trenkle did a great job today. I don't enjoy Kurtz's style as much but I think he is methodical and has a plan laid out for how the defense is presenting their case. The prosecution jumped all over the place with people and events and physical evidence. It was annoying to try to follow and probably based more on which ADA was assigned which witness and who was prepared on any given day.

I hope it is Cummings that continues on with the rest of the case. He seems a bit frazzled and frustrated. He could actually be helping the defense more than he'd care to admit

Has Cummins changed sides and now working for the defense? I couldn't believe he said it either.

My opinion on MH testimony was that he was biased and dug himself into a deep hole, quickly. He started out combative and cocky and was cowed in short order on x-exam.

I saw some areas of his testimony that I questioned as being truthful and authentic. His WS posting was kind of stupid, but it did illustrate he was invested in pointing suspicion away from BC. Not once in his scenario did he consider that BC may have committed the murder. Whether he really had blinders on or had an agenda, who knows.

He presented himself like a gossipy hen, rivaling any clucking housewife imagined in that or any 'hood, and ultimately proved himself boorish.

I don't think it's reasonable to suggest he was in bed working on his laptop. I agree, that's a stretch. But I think, like Kurtz pointed out with Daniels, is that he wasn't asked that question until October, during his deposition. I think it was honestly a mistake. There was nothing incriminating that he did that night on his computer, no reason to lie. In the first interview he gave, he stated he put the girls to bed, and that he was asleep with them by the time Nancy came home from the party.

I have also realized, that you guys are putting me in a situation where I have to sound like I'm making excuses and jumping through hoops, but some things, I just don't view as lies. I think forgetting an hour of internet surfing, three months later, isn't really a lie, but I appreciate the fact that some of you would disagree.

No. No explanations even necessary. I just put two of what I consider lies out there. I thought it was a lie from the very beginning that this 6 foot plus man slept in between those girls in their little girl beds pushed together. He indicated in his depo that he left the marital bed after B was born and started sleeping in the guest room because he just couldn't get a good nights sleep. Based on the observations of the detectives, he slept in his own room that night. Don't feel like you have to defend anything. These are just my thoughts.

No. No explanations even necessary. I just put two of what I consider lies out there. I thought it was a lie from the very beginning that this 6 foot plus man slept in between those girls in their little girl beds pushed together. He indicated in his depo that he left the marital bed after B was born and started sleeping in the guest room because he just couldn't get a good nights sleep. Based on the observations of the detectives, he slept in his own room that night. Don't feel like you have to defend anything. These are just my thoughts.

I will say, I enjoy coming here to post, because I know you guys will keep me on my toes. I really respect the well thought out posts from both sides of the fence, and I do consider yours to be in that category.

I disagree. The new expert boiled down his report to "I agree with everything Mr. W. said". We've have been shown on here that Mr. W. was wrong in a major assertion of his regarding the open and closed hand files. I would say that brings into question the expertise of Mr. Masucci.

Actually, the open and closed hand files issue is more involved than I realized. I missed something initially (never claimed to be a Windows or IE expert). I have been busy with real life and still need to finish testing.

All the objections make the testimony of JW really hard to follow.

Part of my research is to confirm that for the data to have been as shown in the reports, the oh & ch files could not have been used after that Friday afternoon. Later Google searches would have updated the values. Need to see the entire disk to understand some of the other things.

Am wondering if the question about the Greenstone search is somehow part of the Google defense. Need some more testing to be sure; having to disable a lot of the normal safeguards here (e.g. clearing TIF caches) to just test things. Surprised that BC's Cisco left TIF files in the cache for nearly a week.

I do this all of the time. In fact, I did it tonight. My kids were overly tired and wanted to "fall asleep in mommy's bed". I put on each side of me, had my laptop on my lap; fell asleep; woke up to send an email; check the weather; dozed off again and now, here I am downstairs on my laptop. If someone had to ask me (months later) if I fell asleep with my kids on this particular night (if I remembered) I would have said yes. I probably wouldn't even think to mention that I was on my laptop for a bit. BC was asked SO many questions in that deposition. I am sure he forgot some things that he didn't remember or see as important at the time and now is being questioned on every single detail. Noone's memory is perfect

why is it a stretch to think he was in the bed working on his laptop. I do that a lot. He could be there with the girls and still working away or browsing the internet. It is more of a stretch to me that he would be asleep that early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!