State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Cummins changed sides and now working for the defense? I couldn't believe he said it either.

He was an embarassement today. I think he is starting to lose steam as he is realizing that the defense has an explanation for everything the prosecution had originally presented. He seems flustered and it is showing in his unprofesssionalism in court today. He did nothing today to help his case, but rather helped the defense quite a bit. If I were Trenkel I would have given him a big high five at the end of court today.

Now that's not accurate. Brad didn't say he washed the dress. Young said Brad told him he got it from a hamper, and didn't know if it had been washed. SBI said it was consistent with not being washed.

And I don't want to speculate as to what caused the stain on the dress--just merely pointing out there is one, and that it could be perfectly consistent with wine, but it was never tested.

I think the fact Nancy allegedly asked Brad "is it noticeable" indicates it wasn't an overly large stain. I think the "wine" part comes through JA repeating Brad, so take that for what you will.

I won't ask you to go back and review all the testimony and all the depo that deals with the dress, but my recollection does not match yours. I'm not saying I'm right. I haven't watched every minute. I may well be wrong on a point.

The technical side of the evidence is strong. The problem is that it is too easy to confuse the jury with things they don't understand to make it appear to be not strong or not real. I'm not sure it will hold up because of the ability to confuse the whole issue to the point that the jury just dismisses it all. Then they are left with either Brad did it or a stranger with a 3 hour or so window catching, undressing, killing and dumping this woman all without anyone seeing a thing in broad daylight on a Saturday when lots of people were out and about. Or the mysterious "angry woman" who also only had the same small window of opportunity.

That is called reasonable doubt. If those other scenarios are possibilities, then the jury must vote NG. If the CPD didn't even notice the ducks sitting in a box, or the dirt on NC's left knee, what else did they not do that may have let the real killer go free? I think jurors are smart and not easily confused or dismissive of the facts. JMO.

ATTENTION!

I have again had to go through and delete posts and <mod snip> others.

I realize we're all adults here, but please keep the language clean. Although we're all adults, there are, as well as registered members, MANY non members who read our forums. We don't want to insult those who find some words offensive when used in a certain way.

The job of the defense is to cause reasonable doubt. They have already put forth that there was a conspiracy by NC's friends, or LE, to frame or accuse or have arrested the husband BC. It's ok, IMHO, to discuss this scenario, based on testimony already given, but please keep specific friends of NC's out of it, like saying something like, 'I think ** has much more to do with this.' These are NC's friends who have put themselves out there for their friend, who is no longer here to speak for herself. Attacking them or insinuating they had anything to do with NC's murder is out of line, as we are a 'victim friendly' site.

Once again, this is a very emotional case, as are most murder investigations and trials. AGAIN, please respect other's opinions, whether they agree with you or not.

If you have any questions, you may contact either me or any other mod by pm.

Thank you,
fran

Bumping

Why did he lie and say that he had gone to bed at 8:30 and there is proof that he was on his computer several times after that? (I can't buy that he was laying in bed between the two girls working on his laptop when it was plugged into the docking station on Saturday. That's a stretch.)

I have been married to one Cisco employee and dated another. I have seen BOTH of them come out of the bathroom at two in the morning basically wearing their thinkpad and nothing else. The reason theirs were plugged into the docking station on Saturday and Sunday mornings is because they just won't put the dang things down. I know they weren't working the whole time, but I know both of them were "waiting on something" and googling/surfing/streaming in the meantime.

Has it been absolutely proven that there was no wine on her dress? (I don't ask this to sound snarky....I just truly don't know)

The woman for the defense today indicated that she was drinking red wine. I think that would be pretty noticable on a light green dress.

My opinion on MH testimony was that he was biased and dug himself into a deep hole, quickly. He started out combative and cocky and was cowed in short order on x-exam.

I saw some areas of his testimony that I questioned as being truthful and authentic. His WS posting was kind of stupid, but it did illustrate he was invested in pointing suspicion away from BC. Not once in his scenario did he consider that BC may have committed the murder. Whether he really had blinders on or had an agenda, who knows.

He presented himself like a gossipy hen, rivaling any clucking housewife imagined in that or any 'hood, and ultimately proved himself boorish.

You mean he was "biased, gossipy, cocky" - unlike some of the friends that testified for the prosecution??????? Oh Well. They all hung out in the same crowd, right? Why should he be any different that the others in their clique

I won't ask you to go back and review all the testimony and all the depo that deals with the dress, but my recollection does not match yours. I'm not saying I'm right. I haven't watched every minute. I may well be wrong on a point.

I think they did preliminary exams (it was a lady talking about it) and said it was organic in nature and did not seem related to anything, so either they couldn't determine what it was or they didn't deem it relevant.

Do you think JA will be called back to the stand? I truly hope so. I would love to hear her explanations for misinformation.

~~~

Condensed version, but IIRC, she is on the witness list for the defense too. That is why she has not been in court with NC's family.

I have been married to one Cisco employee and dated another. I have seen BOTH of them come out of the bathroom at two in the morning basically wearing their thinkpad and nothing else.
That may have been more of a reflection of their possible alternative activities than of their work ethic.

BC "forgot" his fiancé's name, the one who when they did find her reported he was a stalking creep. :-D

Did BC also "forget" he was monitoring NC's e-mails or did he fess up to that one?

~~~

Condensed version, but IIRC, she is on the witness list for the defense too. That is why she has not been in court with NC's family.

I keep hearing folks (mainly pro-defense) talking about the "witness list." Is this posted publicly? If so, would you please point me in that direction.

I feel as if I'm missing the "good" stuff!

BC "forgot" about knowing about Fielding Dr., despite having searched it on his laptop.

BC "forgot" his fiancé's name, the one who when they did find her reported he was a stalking creep. :-D

I do thank you for your post although I will say that he was giving statements in a child custody hearing. He sure wouldn't want her showing up there!

I've seen several humorous references to some kind of diagram of who did whom in Lochmere. Kidding aside, does anyone have a rough timeline of who slept with whom in what order and who both parties were either married to or living with at the time? Extra credit if you can toss in who said that they wanted to sleep with someone else and when they said it.

why is it a stretch to think he was in the bed working on his laptop. I do that a lot. He could be there with the girls and still working away or browsing the internet. It is more of a stretch to me that he would be asleep that early.

I do this all of the time. Bring my kids to bed with my laptop with the hopes of getting caught up on work and I fall asleep between them both with my laptop on my lap.

I would like to hear Brad's explanations for why he lied dozens upon dozens of times.

I can answer for him...he's a lying liar that lies. I do find it odd that there are things he says that you choose to believe, such as him cleaning that morning. Obviously not why he was cleaning, but that he was cleaning at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni