State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this woman didn't tell her close friend about BC's indiscretion. Doesn't sound like they were that close, imo.

sounds like the men were good friends and liked to get together, the wives maybe not so much.

my hubby has friends we have hung out with for 20 years, and i like the guy but not his wife, lol.

Dang did this friend sleep with BC. Amazing she withheld the affair from Nancy, she knew about the water being shut off, didn't know about the bank accounts and credit cards!!!! Hinky Meter going off.

Its quite likely Nancy didnt speak about these things with her because SH (her husband) was tooclose to Brad, and didnt want some things shared so as to get back to Brad...I dont think this lady is lying, but only recalling what she was privy to...

Having said that, I feel that Nancy felt more confident venting to her gal friends, who would NOT share with Brad or go behind her back. She had already felt betrayed by HM ( her best friend) so no doubt didnt trust all of her galfriends....Just trying to understand why Nancy would share and vent with some and NOT others :truce:

Betrayal....not true friend. How could a true friend hold this information from Nancy?

Sometimes, it's a hard thing to do. My roommate in college was dating a friend of mine. He was also cheating on her. I chose not to tell her because I still had to live with the guy. Now when the broke up, I did tell her (and apologized for not telling her before) to help her get over him. I debated many times as to whether to tell her or not and ultimately chose not to. I imagine she was in a similar situation. They were friends as a couple...she wasn't just Nancy's friend. So her telling Nancy would have affected their friendship as a couple too. I can see that being a tough decision.

wow...really great friend! Knew about dear Brads affair for a year and didn't tell Nancy!!!

Yeah, sounds like a really dear friend. :maddening: With friends like this, who needs enemies. JMO, but this witness doesn't really seem open, friendly, kind, the way even this woman described *nancy* as a person.

I'm sorry, but this lady comes across as a real b-word to both sides..

Betrayal....not true friend. How could a true friend hold this information from Nancy?

Its actually not as dramatic as you make it out to be, and given what we know to date there was a lot of "not telling" going on among "friends". Why should this be the exception to the rule?

I'm in the BDI group but also the TTCTT (Tell the court the truth) group and NDOVUBSMTC (No decision on verdict until both sides make their case) group.

I believe BC lied in his depo to cover up what he had done. At the same time, I think JP was a liar, and it would be easier to describe the times when his story was consistent than try to catalog the various changes and untruths he told.

In the end, the jury will be charged to use their common sense to consider all the testimony and evidence in the totality, weigh and disregard various things as they see fit, and then decide if they are satisfied the defendant is proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Unfortunately for the defense they will not be asked to consider any remote possible scenario as equal to reasonable doubt. Unfortunately for the state they will not simply be asked if it is likely BC did it.

I don't begrudge Kurtz his defense methods so far. IMO he is doing what he is supposed to do. Further, I haven't seen either side get as nasty as I had often seen in courtrooms. And, if not nasty, simply hard on witnesses who are changing stories (either side) or presenting opinion as certain when it should not be.

With a severe prison term as stake, tough challenges and sharp exchanges should be expected.

I want BC to go to prison for what he did. And I want it clear that he was placed there after consideration of all evidence available, and not merely on the probabilty of evidence that supports my current belief.

NC lost her life. Her friends and family lost someone they loved deeply. And it was no accident; someone acted as the worst sort of coward to further their self interest by killing her violently, without regard to her life of the lives of her children. This trial is in no way going to reduce that loss. Nothing said in it will diminish her in the eyes of those who love her, I am sure.

The prime goal of the trial, though, is not to satisfy the desire to see someone punished, but rather to make sure the person the state seeks to punish has been proven guilty in the eyes of his peers, the jury.

this trial would've been over in a week if every witness was like her. just answer the question asked and don't go off on tangents! she just doesn't like being there. seems equally <mod snip> with both sides on this.

Maybe her <mod snip> attitude is the result of her being outcast because she wasn't going along with the witchhunt.

From WRAL twitter feed

#CooperTrial back after off-camera discussion. Juror tells judge her job is in jeopardy due to her jury service. Judge will inquire about it

If true, that employer is going to be in trouble, you can't fire someone for jury duty.

Maybe her <mod snip>attitude is the result of her being outcast because she wasn't going along with the witchhunt.

being outcast or any of that petty "clique" crap should have no effect on how you testify about your friend's murder.

Its quite likely Nancy didnt speak about these things with her because SH (her husband) was tooclose to Brad, and didnt want some things shared so as to get back to Brad...I dont think this lady is lying, but only recalling what she was privy to...

Having said that, I feel that Nancy felt more confident venting to her gal friends, who would NOT share with Brad or go behind her back. She had already felt betrayed by HM ( her best friend) so no doubt didnt trust all of her galfriends....Just trying to understand why Nancy would share and vent with some and NOT others :truce:

Don't you mean she would only share with those that were already predisposed (ie: dislike) to BC to begin with?

I am sorry Sunshine05 I tried quoting your post. I did not mean to be tacky. I apologize. Given previous testimony and reading the N&O story this morning, that behavior isn't something new but I will refrain from saying anything like that again.

If I had heard some rumor of an affair involving a friend's husband, I'd stay out of it too. I consider myself a good friend, but I'm not about spreading gossip, and I certainly wouldn't intentionally cause friction in a friend's marriage due to a rumor.

Casual aquaintances, yes. If I heard soemthing that I knew/thought would hurt a dear friend of mine, I would make sure, in a sincere way, I would tell my friend. Imagine how hurt and humiliated *you* would feel, if everybody around you knew your husband was <mod snip> messing with your best friend.

We better watch out...this is 2 days in a row that I completely agree with a post of yours.

Sometimes, it's a hard thing to do. My roommate in college was dating a friend of mine. He was also cheating on her. I chose not to tell her because I still had to live with the guy. Now when the broke up, I did tell her (and apologized for not telling her before) to help her get over him. I debated many times as to whether to tell her or not and ultimately chose not to. I imagine she was in a similar situation. They were friends as a couple...she wasn't just Nancy's friend. So her telling Nancy would have affected their friendship as a couple too. I can see that being a tough decision.

good 'ole boy....didn't want to betray your friendship with someone who was cheating......OK. your decision. I had the same thing happen in my past, and the roommate made the decision to tell me of the betrayal, and how my boyfriend did not have my best interests at heart.....just being a playa.

This lady really has an attitude. I can understand NC not telling her everything.

Well, they kinda had to. Otherwise your left with the jury thinking that he had everything he needed to do it.

I agree. The state left the impression that everything was found, minus the port. (It was shown in cross that the router was also not found.) The defense left the impression that he never had the router or the port in his house. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Nancy wasn't going to confide in this gal any longer!! She already betrayed her, once, that we know of and no doubt whatsoever that any confidences Nancy shared with this "friend" got back to her tormentor, Brad!! :banghead:

Nancy wasn't going to confide in this gal any longer!! She already betrayed her, once, that we know of and no doubt whatsoever that any confidences Nancy shared with this "friend" got back to her tormentor, Brad!! :banghead:

Why did she have her going away party at her house then if she didn't like her that much anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel