State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying the black duck was never in the foyer? Just the other two? Because she didn't say anything about the color, just that it wasn't THE same ducks.

ETA: I said early on in this, that I'll bet they were packed away, along with the sticks since NC was packing up the house to move and it turns out that is exactly what it was. Isn't it funny that JA - ONE PERSON stating that there were ducks there on the Friday before resulted in *proof* of a struggle in the foyer. In fact, I think even JA said she wasn't positive they were there on Friday, just that she noticed they weren't there when she went on Saturday.

I find that really odd along with her telling people to not talk to the police that we learned about today, that she would be the one talking to the police.

I just am trying to make sense of the lack of struggle, the thin line bruising, the fractured hyoid bone, the missing ducks that suddenly come back into evidence.....that were not really missing, but were testified to be in the foyer before the murder, and not in the foyer after the murder. Does anyone have any other good theories?

Dont think does anything other than show that said ducks were last seen in the front foyer with sticks..and NOT seen after that date....the rest goes to all the speculations about where they were, how come they werent there and who knows why they got packed away by Bradley after that date last seen?...The only thing that bothers me is that Kurtz didnt clear that up long ago!! As many said..It was NOT Mrs. Cooper's problem, but since she testified she told Kurtz..IT now come out that Kurtz was hiding certain things from prosecution.. and likely were LOL and giggling at witnesses and Prosecution for speculating they were ditched or thrown out with other items not found in that home?? Like two left jogging shoes????

No need to blame Ms. Cooper..I point to Kurtz et al for NOT correcting informations...

Just an aside??..I wonder if the sticks were packed away too??

Do we know that he packed them away? I am not sure we do.

I find it hard to understand why all the BDI folks are being so nasty about BC's mom. I thought everyone was very nice to the Rentzes when they were on the stand. But, that same courtesy has not been extended to BC's mom. It is ok if you don't agree with the handling of the ducks, but snide remarks about BC's mom are out of line IMO.

BBM

We are not amused by this! Also would like to point out that Brad's mother has her son sitting alive in front of her each day, the Rentze's daughter is gone forever - not exactly the same playing field, if I may say so myself; however much I dislike unkind remarks made about anyone.

BBM

We are not amused by this! Also would like to point out that Brad's mother has her son sitting alive in front of her each day, the Rentze's daughter is gone forever - not exactly the same playing field, if I may say so myself; however much I dislike unkind remarks made about anyone.

exactly my thoughts.

the Rentz family LOST Nancy in an awful way.

Well, the missing ducks and sticks were a big thing for me. I'm glad to have finally found out what happened to them. This revelation colors my outlook about what I had thought happened in the foyer. The cleaning frenzy in the foyer still remains, especially since the rest of the house was a horrid mess.

The foyer could be seen from the outside, I think a lot of messy people keep what can be seen by the public, for example if the door was opened, cleaned up.

I find it hard to understand why some of the folks are being so nasty about BC's mom. I thought everyone was very nice to the Rentzes when they were on the stand. But, that same courtesy has not been extended to BC's mom. It is ok if you don't agree with the handling of the ducks, but snide remarks about BC's mom are out of line IMO.

IIRC, Cummings asked her why she did not tell K & Co. -- not the State

ETA - but I can't re-listen (word?) to the testimony yet to be sure...

IIRC I think he just asked why she didnt tell somebody, and she responded she did ..She told Mr. Kurtz...and that was the end of that...Many are trying to make too much about this, but IF he hadnt asked that question..the jury and us guys watching would never have known she TOLD ANYBODY..and she did...ball now in Kurtz''s corner as to why he didnt share this exculitaory evidence prior to trial...

IMO Kurtz et al didnt share it because it was part of the "Theory" they knew they could prove unfounded...Somehow, I think it may have backfired as the jury has spend hours listening to testimony about these "Ducks" and Defense has caused much waste of time for them....SOOO not so sure it had the impact they had hoped...IMO

I feel deeply saddened for the Cooper family as well as the Rentz family. In no way would I ever disrespect them. They have lost too much already at no fault of their own.

BBM

And I was going to say earlier that I know I'm sort of jumping around with the posts here but I haven't read a post from anybody that was not respectful of Mrs. Cooper. I made a post about how I would have handled the ducks had it been my son, otherwise I have not seen anything that was not nice.

Think I will just sit firmly up on top of the fence/wall, swing my feet over one side for a while, then the other. Straddling isn't very comfortable. See no to climb down at this point.

Still have a little research to do. Maybe even some work.

There are really just two key elements to this case:

1. The Google search of the body dump location the day prior to the murder
  2. The morning phone call between home and BC
It looks like the State is working to get to the bottom of telephony aspects of this case some time by the year 2012.

It really baflles me that they didn't request that information from Cisco until February 2011.

I asked gritguy but he must have missed it.

Does the duty to disclose (discovery) go for both defense and prosecution?

Here is his response:
I don't see it as the defense lawyer's issue either, unless those objects were the subject of a discovery request from the state. I didn't catch all the testimony, so if that were so the state would protest and I didn't catch that. I may have missed it.

If they were not, then it was totally proper to call your witness and blow the prosecution theory out of the water, as it pertains to the ducks.

From Twitter:
wral: #CooperTrial juror update: Sheriff's office talked to juror's employer who asked her to resign. Employer said she won't lose her job.

Your router is connected to an ethernet interface. A router with a voice module would be connected to the telephony line. Ask TWC if they have any clue what is connected to your telephony line.
A router with a voice module is not connected to the telephone line. Well It is connected to a phone but not the POTS phone network. It called VOIP (Voice over IP) because it uses an IP Network and therefore has an ethernet interface.

Further explanation of what royal WE means to sunsh...05

Sometimes, people need to have others with them on their opinions, and garner support by stating an opinion that excludes all others. Or...in the case of a less than business person, he might speak of his one person company in terms of "We do such and such.." to make it seem bigger than it really is.

Let me give you an example:

We, the Grand Jury of Wake County, duly sworn find that their is probable cause and reason in the matter of the People versus ____________ to return a true bill of indictment for _______________.

So you don't think she was aware of the "missing" ducks, meaning that piece of information was never told to her, but somehow she knew they weren't missing?

LE had the house to themselves, they could have opened a box and found them, it looks like they failed to do that. She did not tell the attorney's they could take anything until LE was done with securing all they wanted.

Let me give you an example:

We, the Grand Jury of Wake County, duly sworn find that their is probable cause and reason in the matter of the People versus ____________ to return a true bill of indictment for _______________.

yep, that is a great example. You got it! With that example, WE really is of authority.

I believe I heard BC's mother say that some time after the testimony about the ducks, they were discussing it at a dinner where this other attorney was present. That is when this attorney said that she had the duck in her office. From her testimony, I seemed to me that this happened at least several days after JA and other testimony about the ducks.

Did not appear to have been in Feb 2011 as someone suggested.

I wonder if the CPD knew what the ultimate importance of the ducks was going to be when they were searching the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!