Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU Less!

The sports bra testimony is huge. You folks who keep asking for a smoking gun...well it's these kinds of things that help make a case.

Physics and spandex. When putting one of these things on, the bottom rolls under. That's just what they do. And, conversely, when taking them off, the bottom rolls up.

This means someone was putting this jog bra ON Nancy's body, or it was in the process of being put on. It was not in the process of being taken off.

I just watched the sports bra testimony tonight because I got here late this morning. I can certainly attest to the fact that it does indeed roll under.

I believe the only way the sports bra could roll under would be when putting it on. That is one of the things that really aggravate me about them. Anyone who doesn't wear them cannot seem to understand how the bottom band rolls.

It absolutely fits with someone attempting to put it on the body. I suspect BC ran out of time or maybe one of the girls awoke and he had to stop. JMO

Hope I did not interrupt the flow here, but wanted to comment.

Hello, fellow sleuths! I got home from meetings tonight a while ago, and I think I'm caught up with the posts. I just had my hubby, at someone's request (can't remember who), put my sports bra on me while I remained as lifeless as possible. He really didn't have all that much trouble, and it took just under 3 minutes. Now I know my sports bra and my anatomy are not identical to Nancy's, but I thought I'd pass our results along.

I gotta say, my husband is exceptionally cooperative, yes? :)

That was my request!!! :great: Thanks to both of you.

I'm curious then, why would Cisco have paid moving expenses for an internationa move? Don't we locally have plenty of IT techs in this area? Why pay extra to import one from Calgary?

Before "retiring" to stay home with kids, I worked at 2 IT companies in HR dept and it was very common practice to hire from Canada and India for IT positions. You have to go thru rigorous immigration procedures, but when a company is looking for key experience, often it couldn't be found locally. And (either it was said on WS or testimony?) Cisco tried to recruit BC 2x, so he must have had some type of experience they really wanted.

They should have records of who the calls came from though, right?

It's interesting as time has gone by that now people are starting to speak of an accomplice to still hold on to the belief that he did it. (not saying you, but some are suggesting it).

Interesting one poster mentioned a possible accomplice.
Now, you want to parlay that into a larger group of BDI posters that are starting to lean that way. I for one, think that theory is preposterous.

Well that call provides him an alibi. So they better figure out how NC didn't make that call.

Depends on one's perspective.
The prosecution says it's a false alibi.
In the end, the jury will decide what to believe.

After listening to the Cisco witness testimony I wonder why he was even called as a prosecution witness. I am curious what possible foundation he has set for further experts. This guy was not even entered as an expert witness and I am not sure why he was even testifying about any VoIP related questions. I wish he would have answered certain questions with, "I am not sure as that is not within my realm of expertise"

Not sure why but was wondering if the level of security that is on Brads Cisco laptop is the important factor. This because we have heard the defense alluding to fact that someone may have done something to Brads computer. The main reason he was involved initially was he had to get them the lock code (or unlock) for Brad's Blackjack. How it all fits together is another question.

Originally Posted by SleuthinNC
Personally I think he wanted it to wipe the external hard drive that was attached to the MacBook which I think is the actual source of incriminating evidence if there was any but I seem to be alone in that thought.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep that thought S-NC. I think it's a good one. Makes me wonder about that angle....

I, regretfully, am not a Mac user -- could the same s/w be used on a Mac drive?

You don't need DBAN to wipe a macbook it has it's own built in utility. You can however run DBAN on the MacBook to wipe the external drive. Which is how the MacBook was found, attached to an external drive.

I'm curious then, why would Cisco have paid moving expenses for an internationa move? Don't we locally have plenty of IT techs in this area? Why pay extra to import one from Calgary?

Could have been a bunch of things. He could have been a referral from a current Cisco employee. He could have fit a hiring profile. As long as the job he was hired for offered relocation which was common at Cisco when he was hired, they would have moved him. Keep in mind he was coming from Canada which has different Visa rules due to NAFTA.

That's an excellent question that I don't know the answer to. Maybe some Cisco person will answer that as a witness.

I would think that they didn't hire him because he was a voice/telephony expert. He was supposedly working at IBM. IBM in 2000 was not somewhere that you would go looking for voice expertise.

Hiring someone with IBM networking experience at that time makes a lot of sense since Cisco RTP was originally started to directly compete with the IBM Network Hardware Division.

Let's hope a couple of those female jurors have sports bra experience. When I first heard about the condition her body was found in, and the rolled up sports bra, it mirrored my experience with them to a tee.

I was in that courtroom on Monday. From the looks of that jury I can say that there isn't much exercise or "sports" going on with that group. Just sayin'

:floorlaugh:

You're right -- I just hadn't thought of that side of it. We were security-crazy (for good reason since it was a financial inst) and we could not download any s/w - we could read files on discs, etc., but nothing doing with prgms or .exe files, etc. All kinds of security s/w to check for that at frequent intervals. This type violation would send someone out the door permanently.
I agree that BC probably did not have the authority to wipe a hard drive as well.
Good thought, Maja!

Not true! cfry testified that high tech companies like Cisco give wide open system access for authorized users...Brad being one of them. It's not hard to do, people!

I still think the fact that she was found in only a sports bra makes it that much more unlikely that BC did it. I don't believe a husband would leave their wife exposed like that, not even if he hated her. He would have fully dressed her, shoes and all. Something else happened and we'll probably never know.

Yep, like maybe a daughter woke up at 4a.m. and had to be consoled and gotten back to sleep and just maybe that took a while and then he didn't have time to try to get the rest of the clothes on a dead body, do the dump, and clean up. So he had to stop at the sports bra and hey, that might just play into a fabricated story about being abducted and sexually assaulted/killed story someone is trying to float.

I'd say it is highly unlikely that Bella made that call.

Yeah, have to agree with that. I have to believe that B has been questioned, unofficially, quite a bit about that morning and no one has stated that she made any kind of phone call. Not impossible, I suppose, but pretty improbable IMO.

Can anyone imagine BC thinking "oh my I just killed my wife now what.....I don't want to disrespect her...so I will dress her"? He just ended her life....now he was thinking about his own.

Yep, like maybe a daughter woke up at 4a.m. and had to be consoled and gotten back to sleep and just maybe that took a while and then he didn't have time to try to get the rest of the clothes on a dead body, do the dump, and clean up. So he had to stop at the sports bra and hey, that might just play into a fabricated story about being abducted and sexually assaulted/killed story someone is trying to float.

The problem with this is the state is saying she was killed after she got home, which would of gave him all night long to deal with clothes.

One thing that perhaps hasn't been considered is what if he didn't put clothes on her because he got busy cleaning the garage/floors and by the time he got back to her, rigor had started which would of made it a real pain to dress her. Does anyone remember how long it takes for rigor to set in?

Yeah, have to agree with that. I have to believe that B has been questioned, unofficially, quite a bit about that morning and no one has stated that she made any kind of phone call. Not impossible, I suppose, but pretty improbable IMO.

I have to agree with this. I would think this is more something a 4 year old would remember if asked about it, since it wouldn't had been something that she normally would do. But then again, we don't know if she was questioned about anything (we know she wasn't by police).

It'll be extremely interesting when CM takes the stand how the judge is going to deal with what the child told her.

The problem with this is the state is saying she was killed after she got home, which would of gave him all night long to deal with clothes.

One thing that perhaps hasn't been considered is what if he didn't put clothes on her because he got busy cleaning the garage/floors and by the time he got back to her, rigor had started which would of made it a real pain to dress her. Does anyone remember how long it takes for rigor to set in?

From what I read, it commences after about 3 hours, reaches maximum stiffness after 12 hours, and gradually dissipates.

If he killed her at 1AM, rigor would not have been a big issue..

I have to agree with this. I would think this is more something a 4 year old would remember if asked about it, since it wouldn't had been something that she normally would do. But then again, we don't know if she was questioned about anything (we know she wasn't by police).

It'll be extremely interesting when CM takes the stand how the judge is going to deal with what the child told her.

I thought what the child said is inadmissible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member