State v. Bradley Cooper 4-6-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancel plans for tennis, call a few friends, drive/call LTF.

The first person who says "Brad had 12 hours" needs to be reminded that the blow flies first round said she'd been dead since 11 am on FRIDAY (the 11th) Thud!

I don't discount he could have done it. I totally DISCOUNT the state's time-line at this point. I think it's a reach, a stretch and blatantly false to accommodate what IS available as evidence. That's just bad practice.

ME Butts even admitted that it was unlikely she had completely purged her stomach contents which blows all of this bending and twisting of the time-line for me.

Also, I have never seen as many questions that had answers that the lawyers did not expect (on both sides).

ME Butts admitted her stomach could have been purged if she ate her meal at 7PM, which is very likely.

Hey johnfear...Thud!

I thought the witness said he didn't know anything about seizure

Seizure time is cellular terminology and I've only ever heard it in the context of GSM which is the cellular technology that AT&T uses.

The witness was a VoIP and IP networking expert. He was not testifying on cellular technology.

ME Butts admitted her stomach could have been purged if she ate her meal at 7PM, which is very likely.

Hey johnfear...Thud!

I did misspeak on the SW. I should have read first. It's an affidavit in the custody case and it's earlier than I realized. It also states laundry detergent with bleach. Never mind on that.

Re-listening to Butts now. He says UNlikely. Getting you the time code now.

I was away this afternoon and have just listened to the afternoon witness (CISCO). I thought about beginning to try to read the thread to catch up, but quickly gave up. A certain group of people will see evidence one way and another group will insist the testimony is not evidence of anything. Every day it's the same thing. It is literally beating your head against a wall. My head hurts.

Yep. It's not our decision to make. It just show us different opinions and the fact that the jury may take a while to make a decision.. We will be making deliberation threads every day after the trial hashing everything out once again.

I really had an open mind and was a fence sitter when the trial started. I absolutely without any question believe he did it at this point. WAY too much going on here to blow it off and say the mailman could have done it. It's still fun to discuss everything and BOY the lawyer today on the stand was very interesting!

Not only did the police not find the fxo card, even if he had one in the house, it would not work with the routers in the Cooper home.

Nancy made that 6:40 call, unless it can be otherwise proven. I think it's time for some of you to start rethinking this case and realize how highly possible it is that they got the wrong guy.

And, what other evidence?

I agree. Although I had "wanted" to believe that Brad did murder his wife, NONE of the evidence proves this to be so. There is nothing concrete at all pointing to him. Yes - they had marriage troubles....as do many couples.
The CPD put all of their focus on this defendant....never bothering to search for anyone else out there. What is scarey - is that there could be a killer out there that is going to get away with murder at the possible expense of putting a father in jail for life.

I did misspeak on the SW. I should have read first. It's an affidavit in the custody case and it's earlier than I realized. It also states laundry detergent with bleach. Never mind on that.

Re-listening to Butts now. He says UNlikely. Getting you the time code now.

Re-listen...promise you will see it my way if you take the time.

I agree. Although I had "wanted" to believe that Brad did murder his wife, NONE of the evidence proves this to be so. There is nothing concrete at all pointing to him. Yes - they had marriage troubles....as do many couples.
The CPD put all of their focus on this defendant....never bothering to search for anyone else out there. What is scarey - is that there could be a killer out there that is going to get away with murder at the possible expense of putting a father in jail for life.

Why would you *WANT* to believe he did it? :waitasec:

Is it possible that he returned it on the 17th when he went to the office?

I vote for dumping in a garbage dumpster outside of lifetime fitness or regency park or wendys right there next to the school.. when the girls were with him.. it was wrapped in a grocery bag in the car and he just got out and tossed it.. they were too small to know what he was doing.. just throwing something away.. Cisco did not keep track of their equipment and it didn't need to be signed out.. dude dumped it!

I vote for dumping in a garbage dumpster outside of lifetime fitness or regency park or wendys right there next to the school.. when the girls were with him.. it was wrapped in a grocery bag in the car and he just got out and tossed it.. they were too small to know what he was doing.. just throwing something away.. Cisco did not keep track of their equipment and it didn't need to be signed out.. dude dumped it!

Unless the defense rolls out asset tags and can verify that the equipment was tagged and has been accounted for, you're probably right.

Unless the defense rolls out asset tags and can verify that the equipment was tagged and has been accounted for, you're probably right.

Right.. well the Cisco guy said they dont check-in or check-out equipment. i am sure serial numbers are on everything but they would never know if he had 15 of them or just 1 of them if they are not keeping track. Ta da.

Why would you *WANT* to believe he did it? :waitasec:

That probably did not come out the way I wanted it to. I apologize

I live in the Lochmere area. I run in the Lochmere area. It was easier for me to sleep peacefully at night and run during the day thinking that the defendant killed Nancy rather than some random person lurking in my neighborhood. I know that this is a selfish reason but I am just being honest.

However - I would NEVER want an innocent person accused of a crime they did not commit.

Good grief.
I listened again to Cummings painful debacle of Dr Butts.
What a moment he would love to redo.

He did get the point caffeine could have been in her system from 7-11-08.
He also got Dr Butts to support that Nancy could have eaten her meal before 7PM and killed at 1AM. The vomiting scenario he also threw on the wall was a disaster and totally unnecessary.

Right.. well the Cisco guy said they dont check-in or check-out equipment. i am sure serial numbers are on everything but they would never know if he had 15 of them or just 1 of them if they are not keeping track. Ta da.

In my business they had asset tags. When a piece of equipment was purchased it would be assigned a tag with a bar code. The serial number and tag number would be entered into inventory. I would have to believe that a system like this would be in place at Cisco but with so many employees having access to take any equipment home, I'm not sure how they would keep track.

Why would Brad have to lie if he didn't do anything wrong? He lied from the first day straight through the depositions. Have any other random runners been murdered out in that area.
He would have been in a better position if he had said from the get go...Nancy didn't come home that night...he thought she stayed at her friends

The only persons to gain from Nancy's death are Heather and Brad..so you have to pick one

Re-listen...promise you will see it my way if you take the time.

1 Hour and 10 minutes. (FYI, this is where Cummings confuses him. I have snipped out Cummings and left only one Trenkle question) His exact words are: (Butts) I did not find any food in her stomach. I would expect the food would still be there. (Cummings question) If they vomit to the extent they are able to clear their stomach, it would still be there. (long pause, long question by Cummings) I don't know whether she vomited when she died. (whisper whisper, rustle) (Question about eating food prior to 7:00 pm and that being gone, question about Crohn's) I don't believe it would have an effect. (Re-redirect) Trenkle: Just to clarify, there is nothing inconsistent in your findings that Nancy Cooper could have left her home past 7:00 am and been killed in those 3-4 hours after. (answer) No.

So, fairly neutral. BUT -- he says clear the stomach (and you guys are hearing the same thing I am that her windpipe was cut off) and I think an asphyxiation is going to make that hard to prove.

Why would Brad have to lie if he didn't do anything wrong? He lied from the first day straight through the depositions. Have any other random runners been murdered out in that area.
He would have been in a better position if he had said from the get go...Nancy didn't come home that night...he thought she stayed at her friends

The only persons to gain from Nancy's death are Heather and Brad..so you have to pick one

The lying is just pathological. It's not to make an alibi. He lies about everything.

I live in the Lochmere area. I run in the Lochmere area. It was easier for me to sleep peacefully at night and run during the day thinking that the defendant killed Nancy rather than some random person lurking in my neighborhood. I know that this is a selfish reason but I am just being honest.

However - I would NEVER want an innocent person accused of a crime they did not commit.

Me neither.

Here are my thoughts on this afternoon's testimony, which is the first of the trial that I have listened to.

- I think it's safe to assume that there won't be smoking gun evidence on the computers or elsewhere to prove that he spoofed the call. The prosecution kind of tossed out a grab bag of possible ways that it could be done, much of which would probably be overwhelming for non-technical jurors. If they have definite evidence that proves that he spoofed the call, then they know how he did it and they [hopefully] would have limited the testimony to that one way instead of opening the fire hose on the jurors.

- It was puzzling why they discussed some of the options when, from what I've heard of other testimony, those options are impossible. And I also don't know why the defense didn't point that out in cross. E.g., they were discussing things like click-to-call, telnet, and various other things being done from his Blackjack. If any of those were done, there would be data access at 6:40 in the AT&T logs. It is my understanding that there were no data calls at that time, but that is just what I've read here. So, it seems that you can toss out all of the possibilities that require data access from the Blackjack at the time of the possibly spoofed calls.

- The discussion about the wireless VoIP phones seemed like a red herring too. The prosecution was careful in the way that he asked the question. He asked if those phones could be used "remotely" and Paul said "yes". But, he didn't ask anything about distance. The maximum range for 802.11g is measured in hundreds of feet, not miles. If the access point were outside and the phone outside, the best case distance is probably around 300ft. With the AP inside and the phone outside, less that that. Probably 150-200ft. So, Brad would have had to be within a football field distance from home to have used those phones to do it. Again, I don't know why the defense didn't point that out unless they are saving that kind of ammo for later or something.

- The voicemail stuff actually became less suspicious for me. When they started down that path and were talking about individual keys pressed, etc, I thought we were about to get something meaty. Like he wasn't really checking voicemail but was instead using some other fancy features of the system. But, when all was said and done, the keys pressed show that he was just checking and deleting voicemail and sending himself a test message.

Of course the 6 voicmail calls in 20 mins and the fact that he was doing it at that hour is suspicious in and of itself, but I was just surprised to find that as far as the Cisco access at least, he was in fact checking voicemail.

and if your running alone would you run in an isolated area or a more frequented area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee