State v. Bradley Cooper 4-6-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.. well the Cisco guy said they dont check-in or check-out equipment. i am sure serial numbers are on everything but they would never know if he had 15 of them or just 1 of them if they are not keeping track. Ta da.

bet they do now! Thanks a lot Brad

Good grief.
I listened again to Cummings painful debacle of Dr Butts.
What a moment he would love to redo.

He did get the point caffeine could have been in her system from 7-11-08.
He also got Dr Butts to support that Nancy could have eaten her meal before 7PM and killed at 1AM. The vomiting scenario he also threw on the wall was a disaster and totally unnecessary.

It really was a bad re-direct, wasn't it? I remember now why I hadn't spent much time on it. It was PAINFUL.

I think Trenkle won it, but not on the merits, just because of how BADLY it played out. Poor Butts.

1 Hour and 10 minutes. (FYI, this is where Cummings confuses him. I have snipped out Cummings and left only one Trenkle question) His exact words are: (Butts) I did not find any food in her stomach. I would expect the food would still be there. (Cummings question) If they vomit to the extent they are able to clear their stomach, it would still be there. (long pause, long question by Cummings) I don't know whether she vomited when she died. (whisper whisper, rustle) (Question about eating food prior to 7:00 pm and that being gone, question about Crohn's) I don't believe it would have an effect. (Re-redirect) Trenkle: Just to clarify, there is nothing inconsistent in your findings that Nancy Cooper could have left her home past 7:00 am and been killed in those 3-4 hours after. (answer) No.

So, fairly neutral. BUT -- he says clear the stomach (and you guys are hearing the same thing I am that her windpipe was cut off) and I think an asphyxiation is going to make that hard to prove.

I see you chose to leave out the direct at the end where Butts said nothing was inconsistent with his findings (meaning no food in stomach) if she ate before 7Pm and was killed at 1 AM.

BTW, the vomiting questions were stupid.

That probably did not come out the way I wanted it to. I apologize

I live in the Lochmere area. I run in the Lochmere area. It was easier for me to sleep peacefully at night and run during the day thinking that the defendant killed Nancy rather than some random person lurking in my neighborhood. I know that this is a selfish reason but I am just being honest.

However - I would NEVER want an innocent person accused of a crime they did not commit.

I wonder if you can tell what days the trash is picked up in Lochmere?

I vote for dumping in a garbage dumpster outside of lifetime fitness or regency park or wendys right there next to the school.. when the girls were with him.. it was wrapped in a grocery bag in the car and he just got out and tossed it.. they were too small to know what he was doing.. just throwing something away.. Cisco did not keep track of their equipment and it didn't need to be signed out.. dude dumped it!
I agree that it could have gone in a dumpster even with the kids in the car, but just want to clarify that it's not something that fits in a grocery bag. A few pages back, I posted a picture of the minimum size it would have been.

And what was the date they retrieved all the computer equipement from that house?...So you are saying Brad had NO time to just replace things in that 72+ hours??..I know he was busy doing laundry and doing searches and all..but he had no time to just switch things back and get rid of the FXO item??..OK

I think it will enough for a juror to understand that Brad is/ was an expert in these things, he had access to these things, he had ability and time to alter things post missing Nancy..will be enough...but the nail in this will be if and when they can connect those pesky dots to just ONE of the ways to remote call yourself...IF they cant..then I would agree with you to a point..:twocents:

they got all the info from the server if I am not mistaken..you cannot alter the server

I see you chose to leave out the direct at the end where Butts said nothing was inconsistent with his findings (meaning no food in stomach) if she ate before 7Pm and was killed at 1 AM.

BTW, the vomiting questions were stupid.

They were. But, do you remember what we've got for a party time-line? I know BC left at 10ish to go read NC's emails, but do we know what Nancy's time was at the party?

Not that I know of. But there are random senseless crimes all over the place. If this would have happened somewhere other than Cary I bet the police would have looked at other leads as well.
I lived in Raleigh and an innocent girl in my apartment complex was murdered by a stranger in the complex's gym for no reason at all. Random acts of violence by strangers happen all of the time

they got all the info from the server if I am not mistaken..you cannot alter the server

Alter the server needs to be a new icon over to my left here in the smilies.

Like a little smiley face with it's hand in the back of a computer looking over at us with a "Who me?" expression.

I vote for dumping in a garbage dumpster outside of lifetime fitness or regency park or wendys right there next to the school.. when the girls were with him.. it was wrapped in a grocery bag in the car and he just got out and tossed it.. they were too small to know what he was doing.. just throwing something away.. Cisco did not keep track of their equipment and it didn't need to be signed out.. dude dumped it!

The router is not that small.

They were. But, do you remember what we've got for a party time-line? I know BC left at 10ish to go read NC's emails, but do we know what Nancy's time was at the party?

Timeline for Brad was said to be around 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the party. Nancy was there before him and left around midnight.

The router is not that small.

I understood the witness this afternoon to say that the FXO was the only thing needed to make the call when looking at the equipment in the house. He testified that the FXO was about the size of a postcard and would fit in a pocket. Where was the necessity of the router introduced?

We just know she brought ribs, ate some dip and drank wine and beer.
Judging from her very slender figure, I doubt she was eating seconds at 8PM or scarfing down dip into the night.

If Cummings did his job, he would have kept it simple.

and if your running alone would you run in an isolated area or a more frequented area?

Acutally in the Lochmere area there I usually run on the sidewalks / running areas on the main drag of Lochmere Drive, etc, but also run on the many trails off of Lochmere drive which are much more isolated. Many runners in this area do this. So, in answer to your question - both isolated and more frequented areas.

Yep. It's not our decision to make. It just show us different opinions and the fact that the jury may take a while to make a decision.. We will be making deliberation threads every day after the trial hashing everything out once again.

I really had an open mind and was a fence sitter when the trial started. I absolutely without any question believe he did it at this point. WAY too much going on here to blow it off and say the mailman could have done it. It's still fun to discuss everything and BOY the lawyer today on the stand was very interesting!

Yes, Ms. Stubbs was a great witness. You said it right when you said too much going on to dismiss it ALL. I generally love the discussion and the back and forth. I guess this evening I'm just too tired to read it all. After listening to this EXTREMELY smart dude from CISCO all I can say is that surely the members of the jury are sitting there saying he sure had the means to spoof the call, the knowledge to spoof the call, and made a boatload of suspicious other calls here there and everywhere through other continents to this number, that number, this voice mail, testing this, testing that, turning off little red lights, pound, pound, pin number right, pin number wrong, and round and round we go - so what in the world was he doing all that for??!! And I think the logical answer they will come to is - he was making himself an alibi.

I understood the witness this afternoon to say that the FXO was the only thing needed to make the call when looking at the equipment in the house. He testified that the FXO was about the size of a postcard and would fit in a pocket. Where was the necessity of the router introduced?
Listen again. He said a number of times that the type of router required was different from those that he had seen photos of and those that were entered into evidence. Specifically, he said that the FXO that was purchased could go in a 28xx (2811, 2831, 2851) or 38xx router.

Yes, Ms. Stubbs was a great witness. You said it right when you said too much going on to dismiss it ALL. I generally love the discussion and the back and forth. I guess this evening I'm just too tired to read it all. After listening to this EXTREMELY smart dude from CISCO all I can say is that surely the members of the jury are sitting there saying he sure had the means to spoof the call, the knowledge to spoof the call, and made a boatload of suspicious other calls here there and everywhere through other continents to this number, that number, this voice mail, testing this, testing that, turning off little red lights, pound, pound, pin number right, pin number wrong, and round and round we go - so what in the world was he doing all that for??!! And I think the logical answer they will come to is - he was making himself an alibi.

Good post Less3035. You pretty much wrapped up my feelings. I'm disappointed that there was still not any substantial evidence pointing to Brad. The testimony of today wore me out--I can only imagine what it did to those poor jurors. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will have the wherewithal to work through all of this during deliberations. It's the small things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#