State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have the tech background and I respect your thoughts. However, nobody, with all the technological background, experience and education in the world can convince me that the Google search was simply dropped in between his bank account and his retirement account or whatever else he looked at. All within a couple of moments of each other. I will never believe it. He was doing personal stuff, at work, on his work computer, and the Google search landed in between two bank accounts. It's not a coincidence and it's not planted evidence.

It didn't though, that's what I'm trying to explain. It landed minutes after a bank account. And then he went to lunch, and 1.45 hours later, a weather search/bank account. It wasn't "in between" two within minutes.

But the google search is suspect because of the invalid time stamps so it can't be trusted. You saw the GM proof, right?

To me, there's enough to show that it's not reliable evidence.

And it's been discussed that the strange cookie associated with this search could have been traced to the person who did the search via google. So why didn't the state subpoena google to verify it? That would have put an end to all the mystery surrounding the odd characteristics of the files.

I agree about getting a Google expert to testify. That, all by itself, would have cleared up a lot of this.
However, in my simple mind, I will forever believe that the Google search didn't just show up between his looking at his bank accounts. I do know that we live in a world of anomolies and in my opinion the problems with the Google search just can't be determined outside of the fact that Brad googled Fielding Dr. that Friday afternoon.

Where did the call go then? Through two tin cans and a string? If it went through the internet, there are traces and not going through Cisco's network would make it IMPOSSIBLE for him to cover his tracks. Im sure he doesnt have access to Time Warner or ATT or whoever his ISP was's logs.

LOL, I said that too! 2 cans and a string. You're my new favorite poster. :)

That was when they found a "missing" piece of evidence. The state asserts that the shoes and the router were discarded. If they were not discarded, the defense could have had a MUCH bigger AHA moment than they did with the ducks. Why didn't they? Where are those shoes? Where is the router?

Perhaps the shoes are in Canada with the rest of his belongings, and the router is in Chicago, like the inventory sheet Mr. Kurtz showed Miglucci says. That seems more plausible than BC dumping a router in broad daylight that NO ONE noticed.

Do yourself a favor and pull up a google map of 27518 in sat view. 27518 brings you directly over the west side of Lochmere. Zoom in once. See that tan area on Fielding Drive (2011 now, not 2008..still)? It grabs your attention because of the color. Says to me...residential construction area. Took me 10 secs to recognize an area of potential opportunity...that had to be not far from home.

I might be misreading your post but when I plug in 27518 and zoom once, Fielding Drive is still so tiny I can't tell a thing. If I zoom in enough to actually be able to see anything, Fielding Drive is no longer on my screen. Maybe it was different in 2008?

But the google search is suspect because of the invalid time stamps so it can't be trusted. You saw the GM proof, right?

To me, there's enough to show that it's not reliable evidence.

And it's been discussed that the strange cookie associated with this search could have been traced to the person who did the search via google. So why didn't the state subpoena google to verify it? That would have put an end to all the mystery surrounding the odd characteristics of the files.

We have been over this several times...some of us don't believe it is the problem you believe.

You know that for a fact or is that what you want to believe?

Exactly my point about BC. How would he know for a fact that it wouldn't leave a trail somewhere. The only thing that showed up was what was supposed to: the phone records for the land line and cell.

Honestly, I do not think it's unusual for men my age (I am the same age as NC) to do household chores on a very regular basis. I don't know any men my age who are helpless with household duties.

Which is why I never put much weight into the whole "BC would never clean/do laundry argument". JMO.

Would you ever sleep on those filthy sheets, lay your head on that disgusting pillowcase, in the photos from Brad's room? When I saw the photos of his bed/sheets/pillowcase, the first thing I thought of was, 'man, if I sat anywhere near him at work, I'd feel like maybe I caught cooties from him.' Reminded me of Pigpen from Charley Brown. < shudders remembering the grunge >

And you'd like a conviction based on speculation where a possible router is??

That is one thing I noticed about the prosecution's closing today--they still didn't give a believable story. Cummings stated "we don't know when she died." They still didn't pinpoint time of death, location, how it happened, why it happened. If they can't tell us what happened when they're ARGUING their case, how can there possibly be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Absolutely convinced?
I never said anything about a conviction based on where the router is.

What I said is I disagree with your statement that there had to be a log left somewhere. There was a log on the TWC records. The only other place that there would be one would be in the call server records in the router which we don't have.

It didn't though, that's what I'm trying to explain. It landed minutes after a bank account. And then he went to lunch, and 1.45 hours later, a weather search/bank account. It wasn't "in between" two within minutes.

I will go back and relisten to the closing.
As many people as we have on here disputing the Google search methods and with the many 'experts' who have said one thing or another I have come to think that nobody really knows from a professional or expert point of view. There is too much confusion and my hearing the bank accounts and weather with the Google search just hit me hard.

We have been over this several times...some of us don't believe it is the problem you believe.

Well, that's not a good enough answer in a murder trial. The state dropped the ball by not proving it was a legitimate file through Google.

Perhaps the shoes are in Canada with the rest of his belongings, and the router is in Chicago, like the inventory sheet Mr. Kurtz showed Miglucci says. That seems more plausible than BC dumping a router in broad daylight that NO ONE noticed.

If those items were anywhere besides a landfill or at the bottom of a lake, they would have been introduced by the defense. MOO

BTW, for those who want a do-over, a new trial with new prosecutors, consider that the evidence is not going to change.

NC's phone is not going to magically regain all the lost data. That 3825 router? Not going to be found. Brad's shoes from 7/12/08 HT trip #1? Still discarded wherever he threw them. There isn't going to be any additional physical evidence on NC's body, there isn't going to be a different cause of death, nor a different time estimate of death. That Google search on Brad's computer? That's not going away either. Brad's lies? Will stay lies in perpetuity on that video depo. Rosemary Zednick will still be a woman who thought she saw Nancy wearing an iPod and thought Nancy was hit by a car and discarded off of Fielding Dr.

It is what it is. The evidence is what it is. It's not going to change.

Well if there is a hung jury/retrial, there are 2 things I want to see:

1. Have some expert witness during the prosecutions case in chief that can explain the invalid timestamps, missing cookie, and changed watermark. Just give some reasonable explanation and do it before the defense can even mention tampering.

2. Do a video demonstration of the ways that BC could have spoofed the call that didn't require him to manually initiate something remotely. Show that he could have set something up that injected delay and allowed for it. Also show how that same call doesn't leave any forensic evidence on anything.

Do those 2 things and you have a pretty freaking solid case. Oh, and ignore all the desperate housewife crap and don't ever mention the necklace and/or ducks again.

I will go back and relisten to the closing.
As many people as we have on here disputing the Google search methods and with the many 'experts' who have said one thing or another I have come to think that nobody really knows from a professional or expert point of view. There is too much confusion and my hearing the bank accounts and weather with the Google search just hit me hard.

I can understand that, and everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. I don't recall exactly what BZ stated today, I'm going off of notes I took during Johnson and Chappell's testimony. The times I have written down are 1:06 for the bank (Citibank I think??) and then the page refreshes, but doesn't log in at 1:13. Then 1:14 google map search, over by 1:15. Then ~3:05 he does his next internet activity. I hope this clears things up.

If those items were anywhere besides a landfill or at the bottom of a lake, they would have been introduced by the defense. MOO

And how is the defense supposed to track down a router at Cisco? Or a pair of shoes Young can't even positively identify?

Exactly my point about BC. How would he know for a fact that it wouldn't leave a trail somewhere. The only thing that showed up was what was supposed to: the phone records for the land line and cell.

I'm guessing because that's his job. I'm guessing he would know where the trails would be. He was not an expert in Internet Explorer or Windows Vista. It seems like he thought he deleted the search when he (most likely) deleted the cookie from the Google map search but it didn't erase it from the computer. MOO

That was when they found a "missing" piece of evidence. The state asserts that the shoes and the router were discarded. If they were not discarded, the defense could have had a MUCH bigger AHA moment than they did with the ducks. Why didn't they? Where are those shoes? Where is the router?

We know that BC had one on loan from Cisco and had another on order in Jan 2008. He said he would return it to his buddy. Now, it can't be found in Cisco. If the spoofed call did leave *trace* evidence on the router...best thing to do is get rid of it rather than return to Cisco. Presenting it now only hurts BC because it shows he had that router needed from Jan 8 through Jul 12.

I never said anything about a conviction based on where the router is.

What I said is I disagree with your statement that there had to be a log left somewhere. There was a log on the TWC records. The only other place that there would be one would be in the call server records in the router which we don't have.

I apologize if I read more into your statement than you intended. I do believe that when you set up a router with call manager software you do so through a computer. That would leave a trail on the computer. Granted, that could be easily explained away, because it is his job to download those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member