State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't have the money to go with the other witnesses on their list. The one they used for the offer of proof was pro-bono who volunteered his services after watching the JW testimony.

They had him on the list from the beginning but didn't use him. Why?

I agree, the google map zoom would have been much more effective with some evidence of an earlier site visit or earlier search. 41 seconds is not, by itself, damning evidence.

41 seconds might be too short, if that was the very first time BC looked at the site. IMO, that's not the case. Even if DA can't prove that BC had physically been at the site, I think as a juror it would be reasonable for me to surmise that this was a quick confirmation of a location.

Often when I am returning to a store or other location I've been before, I do a very fast search to confirm the intersection on which I need to turn or the approximate distance from an intersection a place is located. I bet when I do those, it's less than 20 seconds.

Yep--this is right. And was part of the defense reason that it's not logical. It's a beeline straight to Fielding Drive, no wavering. Each page populates tiles completely. And it's 41 seconds total, with 2-3 seconds at Fielding Drive (per Chappell) before the browser is closed. Doesn't make sense if you're looking for a place to drop a body.

Can you tell me what is logical about looking for a site to dump the body of you soon-to-be dead wife? Again, he's at work browsing the internet. Did someone come by his desk? Would you linger over something that incrimminating in a public place like work? Also, as I've stated, the tan color of new road construction, construction dirt is apparent when you put 27518 in google maps. It drew my eye to it even now in 2011. Remember, he's not looking for a place 20 miles away...he's got 2 kids at home.

So, this guy that's being held out as an expert in computers... BC....

he's already physically visited and picked out a dump site

decides, even tho he knows everything about computers and that internet browsers keep a history, to just pull the site up briefly at his work computer to get an overhead looksee??

Doesn't make sense and as Judge Judy says 'if it doesn't make sense, it's not true."

So why do you think he searched that site before his wife's body was dumped there?

Can you tell me what is logical about looking for a site to dump the body of you soon-to-be dead wife? Again, he's at work browsing the internet. Did someone come by his desk? Would you linger over something that incrimminating in a public place like work? Also, as I've stated, the tan color of new road construction, construction dirt is apparent when you put 27518 in google maps. It drew my eye to it even now in 2011. Remember, he's not looking for a place 20 miles away...he's got 2 kids at home.

I agree--there's nothing logical about it. It doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry, where is this "report from Chicago"? Secondly...Sept 2008 is after July 12..is it not? That's the only day that a jury needs to believe that BC had a Cisco router with an FXO port.

It actually said received from manufacturing in Sept 2008 as in wasn't built yet in Jul 2008.

They had him on the list from the beginning but didn't use him. Why?

They were broke.

This is happening in a LOT of these cases right now. The more digital it is, the more expensive and time-consuming the work.

RMA is filled to the gills with requests and SRA has stopped doing it altogether (Pro-bono).

It was a matter of two things: 1) money/time and 2) this was a case that was not going to get opposing-side cooperation. It was an expensive up-hill battle.

That's my point. How can both routers be purchased at the same time, and one be from January and the other from September? Kurtz was not misleading.

You should go back and listen again....Both were received at the same time as per the testimony and the inventory records. They can find one of them but the other one...that Brad borrowed has never been found. The paper record was not accurate.

That's my point. How can both routers be purchased at the same time, and one be from January and the other from September? Kurtz was not misleading.

The fact that they were ordered at the same time doesn't mean they were delivered together. GM located the 3825 box with a delivery date of Jan 08. The Chicago invoice did not list the 3825 that BC had.

While I appreciate you posting this, it doesn't fit with the premeditation evidence like the google search. Of course, we didn't know about that search back then, so him snapping was a realistic thought.
Is the google evidence/premeditation/facts all we are allowed to discuss at this point? So I can't inject another subject since the focus is on another topic?

You should go back and listen again....Both were received at the same time as per the testimony and the inventory records. They can find one of them but the other one...that Brad borrowed has never been found. The paper record was not accurate.

How can you say one paper record isn't accurate, and the other is? That's my point. There are inconsistencies in between all of the "databases" so why is one gospel, and the others are not accurate?

WolfpackWoman, I went back to Boz's closing argument and listened to the last 30 minutes. I missed the exact references to his searches at the 1:15pm time frame. That part begins at 54:40 minutes into his closing but there is another part in which the names of the other entries were named and I missed that part. I am too tired tonight to go back and listen all the way through. But I wanted to let you know that I tried because I want to make sure I heard what I thought, and out of respect for you. I will relisten first thing tomorrow morning.

They were broke.

This is happening in a LOT of these cases right now. The more digital it is, the more expensive and time-consuming the work.

RMA is filled to the gills with requests and SRA has stopped doing it altogether (Pro-bono).

It was a matter of two things: 1) money/time and 2) this was a case that was not going to get opposing-side cooperation. It was an expensive up-hill battle.

But this was the crux of the case. Wouldn't that be the place to invest whatever money you had?

The fact that they were ordered at the same time doesn't mean they were delivered together. GM located the 3825 box with a delivery date of Jan 08. The Chicago invoice did not list the 3825 that BC had.

GM testified they were delivered together.

They didn't have the money to go with the other witnesses on their list. The one they used for the offer of proof was pro-bono who volunteered his services after watching the JW testimony.

Obviously, unless someone needs to identify themselves, we're not members of either the defense or the prosecution teams. I don't know the specifics of the "budget" for the defense, but in California (a state that is really broke), in a first degree murder trial, the defense has a great deal of leeway for witnesses and evidence and can request additional funding.

On the other hand, I have never heard a defense attorney say this during a trial....hmmmmm....

Sometimes it is an angle/edge to be the poor, under privileged person in a generous crowd. Sympathy can be a positive factor.

While I appreciate you posting this, it doesn't fit with the premeditation evidence like the google search. Of course, we didn't know about that search back then, so him snapping was a realistic thought.

This has been nagging at me. Purely speculation, and off-topic for the other discussions. I think the premeditation was BC 'fantasizing' about an outcome that worked in all ways for him. (I think very similar to JY - the other trial coming up.) He's backed into a corner financially, without parents like NC's who will shore him up for the legal fight. He knows he's going to owe gobs of money for a long time. Life is hard inside his house, yet he makes good money and clearly can still attract women. If only, if only, NC goes for a run and 'something' happens. BC gets sympathy, casseroles, etc. etc.

I don't think he snapped as much as reached a conclusion. Clearly I think BDI. The map and the 'testing, testing' message on the morning of 7/12 convinced me.

Yep--this is right. And was part of the defense reason that it's not logical. It's a beeline straight to Fielding Drive, no wavering. Each page populates tiles completely. And it's 41 seconds total, with 2-3 seconds at Fielding Drive (per Chappell) before the browser is closed. Doesn't make sense if you're looking for a place to drop a body.

Makes perfect sense, though, if you're salivating over what you know is going to happen in a few short hours. I think of it sort of as a "souvenir" in advance - you know, some killers keep a souvenir to hold and bring back memories of the kill. Well, put that in advance - thinking about how he's going to kill her and here is where he's going to put her and then life will be a-okay. She made him so mad that day calling over and over for "her" money and he knew she wasn't going to get that money, all she was going to get was a face full of dirt and I think he got off on that via zooming over it and seeing it again. See, I think he's really evil and has a black heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member