State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With or without her, he was still going to have to provide for his kids so I don't see money as a motivator. I don't believe he was backed in a corner financially. Neither of them seemed in a big rush to move the divorce along.

I remember DR talking about the last time she saw NC at the Charlotte airport. She was crying, saying how badly she wanted to go with them. She was doing all she could to rush this divorce. Had an attorney, contacted a Realtor saying she wanted out ASAP, and had packed and unpacked, getting ready to pack again. I don't know how that isn't moving towards a divorce.

I understand what you're saying. But how do we know it's *THE* router, since there's no serial number mentioned in an informal chat? And Kurtz stated it's a document he received from the prosecution, so I don't agree that it has "no verification."

I think we're beating a dead horse here, because we're never going to agree on this point, and I respect that. I just find it hard to reconcile, that this $12,000 router was not missing up until last week (how convenient), and we've been told all through trial that Cisco doesn't track this sort of thing, and now we're supposed to believe they keep meticulous records.

I understood that Cisco as a company does not have a database for all their equipment that you can search. But in the VOIP group they were keeping an inventory of all their equipment and had a process and tracking mechanism in place to do this for a number of years.

With or without her, he was still going to have to provide for his kids so I don't see money as a motivator. I don't believe he was backed in a corner financially. Neither of them seemed in a big rush to move the divorce along.

Paying for your kids living with you is totally different lifestyle than if she left with the kids. He would basically be paying for 2 houses.
If she left him he would have to pay for child support and alimony. He would not even try to negotiate after she said 2100 for child support so they never got that far. He knew he would be paying her a lot of his income and then having to live in a van down by the river and he wasn't up for that.

And one other thing... did you notice that JG was completely still in the last five minutes of HC final statment? Have you ever noticed that whenever he is questioning, JG is rocking in his chair non-stop, or pulling on his ear, or doing something to indicate this cannot move faster for me. But today, in those final minutes, he was absolutely still. I think, IMO, it even got to the heart of JG.

I hope and pray the last 5 minutes of his closing will balance out the first hour and 10 minutes.

I remember DR talking about the last time she saw NC at the Charlotte airport. She was crying, saying how badly she wanted to go with them. She was doing all she could to rush this divorce. Had an attorney, contacted a Realtor saying she wanted out ASAP, and had packed and unpacked, getting ready to pack again. I don't know how that isn't moving towards a divorce.

Why had she only talked to her attorney once since April?

While discussing the 3825 router, which, by the way is used in commercial applications. My husband said his customers use these and he would never use one for home applications. Why, if he needed a router to spoof this call, would he not grab one from the reo-depot at Cisco (the place where old, outdated equipment goes when it's no longer being used)? It would be smaller, it would not be traceable to him and it would get the job done.

For those who believe that someone other than BC abducted and murdered NC while she was jogging, please offer a reasonable illustration how they, in broad daylight in a well travelled area, drove up to NC, caught her, subdued her, got her back into the car, drove away while keeping her somehow subdued...or choking her first (for 3 mins) out in the open on the side of the road then carrying her body back to the car, then removing her clothes but not assaulting her or leaving any trace evidence...etc, etc, etc. You get the point. If you believe BC is innocent, come up with your most likely scenerio. Then, go through it, detail by detail, and you'll find the logistics a little difficult. The only scenario I could come up with is 2 people in a van.

If he went with "she never came home", then he would of had to report her missing when he wakes up at 7am with the kids. That would mean him calling around at 7am to her friends asking if she was there. That would have given him less time to do whatever he was doing in the early morning.

I think-- He was gonna take kids on a play date on Sat 12th, and say she went running at 7am and "before she got home", BC left the house with kids. BC would say he had no idea when she got home from running or when she went missing. JA foiled those plans.

I'll buy that. Although I don't think he would have started reporting her missing on Saturday, period, even if he went with the "didn't come home" story - I think he was going to float the "i thought you had to wait 24 hours before reporting an adult missing."

He didn't count on JA calling the police, that's for sure.

But she wasn't in regular contact with her attorney over the previous few months. There was no indication she was trying to rush the divorce.

While discussing the 3825 router, which, by the way is used in commercial applications. My husband said his customers use these and he would never use one for home applications. Why, if he needed a router to spoof this call, would he not grab one from the reo-depot at Cisco (the place where old, outdated equipment goes when it's no longer being used)? It would be smaller, it would not be traceable to him and it would get the job done.

You would have to ask Brad, but it is in evidence that he did, back in January of 2008, take home a 3825 router to use in his home.

Your last sentence is the reason I actually think corruption may have occurred. Cary is so image conscious that it's downright odd. Consider the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on the sign ordinance fiasco. The immense pressure that the CPD is under to maintain the pristine image of a perfectly safe community has got to be unnerving, especially when panic sets in around a murder in an upscale neighborhood.

Also factor in only one murder per year or so. I think this type of case would be tricky for more seasoned PDs. My guess is that CPD will change COMPLETELY how they handle what amounts to gossip. I hope they become more methodical when investigating.

I hope and pray the last 5 minutes of his closing will balance out the first hour and 10 minutes.

Although I wasn't as bothered by his closing and thought he made good points and all............for anyone not to be effected by his ending has ice running through their veins. Like Brad actually. Many in the courtroom had to turn away or look down and were crying. Not Brad.

Obviously, unless someone needs to identify themselves, we're not members of either the defense or the prosecution teams. I don't know the specifics of the "budget" for the defense, but in California (a state that is really broke), in a first degree murder trial, the defense has a great deal of leeway for witnesses and evidence and can request additional funding.

On the other hand, I have never heard a defense attorney say this during a trial....hmmmmm....

Sometimes it is an angle/edge to be the poor, under privileged person in a generous crowd. Sympathy can be a positive factor.

Go back and watch the discussion from last Friday. I didn't make this up.

The defense had a piece of paper stating that the delivery date was September, 2008. However the witness had no idea what this paper represented and he never agreed that the dates were correct. He did however find the box the router came in and it was dated Jan. 8, 2008. He also had signed for it on that date. He also had the inventory sheet with the date it was initailly received. In addition, the email from Brad himself confirmed it was in building 9 as he asked to take it home in January 2008.

What I took from the discussion was GM found a box on which he had written Jan 2008 and had an entry in his own database.

The chat said BC took home A 3825 which could have just as easily been the 3825 which is not missing.

GM claimed to not know what was in the document Kurtz showed him, of course GM also claimed not to know ethernet interfaces had MAC addresses. He seems to have interesting knowledge gaps.

And how come the super smoking gun information that BC had used this "missing" router on his home network on the night of July 11th went *POOF* into thin air?

Sketchy at best.

But she wasn't in regular contact with her attorney over the previous few months. There was no indication she was trying to rush the divorce.

Don't forget the call to the real estate man on the Thursday before. ASAP, he made is sound as though she was ready to move out as quickly as possible.

Why had she only talked to her attorney once since April?

They were trying to get a Greencard for her with Cisco's help. Kinda hard to do if you are getting a divorce. She was there because she was married to him...who was there because of Cisco. An ex-wife to be isn't getting Cisco's help and a Greencard isn't as likely.

Although I wasn't as bothered by his closing and thought he made good points and all............for anyone not to be effected by his ending has ice running through their veins. Like Brad actually. Many in the courtroom had to turn away or look down and were crying. Not Brad.

I disagree. I thought it fell flat. And heard there were no jurors crying, which is really all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!