State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cummings will surprise us with his closing remarks and do a much better job than he did when he had the floor during the actual trial. His demeanor is more laid back than Boz's. JMO

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Prosecutor Boz Zellinger finishes his closing arguments. Jury taking 15 min. break. Prosecutor Howard Cummings is next. #coopertrial
2 minutes ago

He lied numerous times and I wouldn't be surprised if the jurors picked up on at least some of them.

This is FACT. All of you accusing the defense of misleading the jury in their closing, how do you justify Boz flat out lying to the jury?

taking the passports was just one of the things that Brad did in an attempt exert control over Nancy. Sick, sick, sick.

What would you do to prevent your estranged spouse from leaving the country with your kids? I think taking a passport is a very reasonable way of preventing that from happening.

Did you ever have someone rail at you about something they're upset about, and it *feels* as if they are yelling at you? So you tell them to calm it down so you can continue listening to their story? I do this often with my husband and he gets it.

Boz railed at the jury for an hour straight and they weren't able to tell him to calm down. It would have been difficult to sit through that. He is not in the right line of work.

So BC was doing secure web searches into his banking sites (Citibank, etc.) and then within a minute or two after, did the google map search, then did more searches.

He searched weather sites using? His zip code. 27518. All done that day he did the google search.

Google map nails him.

Wonder of Cummings will speed up a bit!!

My nerves and stomach are already in a knot just anticipating Cummings' closing statements. I think he will focus on Nancy, bring her to life, and how how much she meant to many people. If he can make coherent statements and leave out the err, amms, etc. he may do ok. I just dread it so much already.

I thought he was blatently pandering to the 10 females on the jury there.

let me explain;.......and sorry to be slightly o/t........i am very happily married and have been for 22 years..................but i was in a horribly abusive relationship prior to this marriage, abusive in every sense of the word.........

i HATE when someone falsely claims abuse or whines about situations that are not what i call abusive per say, just not good relationships........

i do hope i have made myself clearer..............if you've spent any time in a hospital at the hands of another, or been at the mercy of another's COMPLETE CONTROL you get what i'm saying..........

off soapbox now:crazy:

eta........and before i'm stoned.......this is not a slur of nancy, it's a knock against boz

Ignoring the rest of this case and trial, I completely disagree with you. He offered to split them so neither would have control over them. The were not just her kids. I fully understand him not wanting her to run away with his kids.

I don't consider returning to the place that they were BOTH from and where they BOTH have family, and where they can BOTH work and have lives exactly "running away" with the kids.

After hearing these to closings so far...I think the verdict will be Guilty.

BC had ONE passport, NC had ONE passport. Each of them kept one child's passport.

Brad took the passport from Nancy's car without her knowledge. Brad having one child's passport is the same as him having all three of their passports because Nancy would NEVER have gone to Canada and left one of her girls behind.

Nancy and Brad never agreed to each keep one passport. Brad took it from Nancy in an effort to prevent her from moving to Canada. It wasn't because he wanted the girls...it was because he was not going to let her divorce him and end up paying most of his salary to Nancy. He had to keep her in Cary until he could find the right time to kill her.

What did he lie about? Just curious. If you mention the suicide bookmark remember that Kurtz got his computer experts opinions in on closing as well and he wasn't allowed to testify. TIA

He lied about the cisco witness saying the call duration would be 23 seconds. The testimony was it would be 22 seconds (no more, no less). But the lie allowed him to match the 23 second call at 6:05.

He lied about Brad doing his google searches on the 12th on the thinkpad. He did them downstairs on the mac. But this allowed him to question why they didn't have timestamp issues (or whatever he argued about).

It matches what people said. However, it doesn't explain away what I heard from the expert witness that was allowed not allowed to testify. It doesn't explain the missing cookie or the invalid watermark on the file. And it doesn't explain away the issues with all the timestamps associated with those searches.

Unless the jury is comprised of some technical folks I don't think any of that is important. He was taking a risk on some of the things he said...and was assuming that the computer and voip stuff is over their heads. We will see...

let me explain;.......and sorry to be slightly o/t........i am very happily married and have been for 22 years..................but i was in a horribly abusive relationship prior to this marriage, abusive in every sense of the word.........

i HATE when someone falsely claims abuse or whines about situations that are not what i call abusive per say, just not good relationships........

i do hope i have made myself clearer..............if you've spent any time in a hospital at the hands of another, or been at the mercy of another's COMPLETE CONTROL you get what i'm saying..........

off soapbox now:crazy:

Nancy Cooper ended up in a morgue. At the hands of her husband, that's domestic violence of the worst kind.

It has been a long, heartbeaking road for the Rentz's. What good is criticizing them?

Who is criticizing them? I hope you aren't referring to me. I wasn't criticizing but merely making an observation.

As a parent myself I cannot begin to fathom what they have gone through and continue to live through day in, day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member