State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although, he may get himself in a trap here. If HC asks the question, and this witness volunteered his time, that'll be a nice moment for defense.

Totally agree. It may not be a good Q to ask if HC doesn't know the answer and it's not significant compensation.

I agree ... the questions don't make any sense.

Yep. All they needed to say was
"You tested these prints to see if they were a match to JY"
"In his own home."
"Some of them could have been matches."
"Some of them you could not match to Jason Young."
"No print was left in blood, or part of a weapon?"
"And you didn't work to exclude anyone else."

And that's all you'd need to do to make this testimony seem irrelevant.

The prosecution is talking about the paper on the printer and how many people may have handled that paper ... seems like a strange question. I would expect that one person removes the paper from the package and puts it in the printer. Prints should match one of the people in the home, so unmatched prints on the paper raises a big question for me.

as it should. Maybe he's under the mistaken belief that manufacturing is still done all by hand rather than machine.

JMO

CY was born in 2004, wasn't she?

Excellent point! I wonder if there is a date on that receipt. If it was around CY's birth, then we know it may have been "celebratory cigars" to pass out to the male friends.....a long time tradition....even for non-smokers.

I wasn't able to watch today. Did the Defense rest? Can someone give me a quick synopsis? Pretty please....

thanks,

wm

Me too... :( I'm getting ready to go back through, and I'm hoping our Cammy was court reporter today!!!!
And yikes, I just heard py found a humidor... wth?????
****I call bs****

I wonder in what percent of murders at a residence unidentified prints are found. Someone should research that statistic if it exists to present.

And then, there's the fact that Jason, the other homeowner, would not talk to help ID people in the house over the years.....

Just curious what you all think of him introducing his expertise as being a fingerprint and footwear impression expert during his bio intro to the jury, but then having the DT only certify him as a fingerprint expert for testimony.

I'm sure this wasn't lost on the jury that they don't have this expert rebutting the shoe print evidence, even though he's qualified to do so. I'd be suspicious of that, MOO. Especially since we have shoe prints that have been determined to come from shoes the defendant owned & was pictured wearing the night before the murder.

The ebay papers matter a great deal because they were printed out shortly before Michelle's murder. There is no way to explain away unidentified prints on it. It also shows that somebody other than Jason spent some time in the house going through things, which supports the eyewitness testimony about lights being on and the vehicle in drive for a long period of time.

JMO

...and if there is a hung jury again, or JY is acquitted, hopefully the investigation will be reopened and they can start with these unidentified prints.

Kinda don't get his testy-ness here. If he's normally a Prosecution witness, surely Defense attorneys in those other cases have been more accusatory than this guy. jmt

Yep. All they needed to say was
"You tested these prints to see if they were a match to JY"
"In his own home."
"Some of them could have been matches."
"Some of them you could not match to Jason Young."
"No print was left in blood, or part of a weapon?"
"And you didn't work to exclude anyone else."

And that's all you'd need to do to make this testimony seem irrelevant.

I don't understand why the prosecution is asking him to look at photos of the pipe ... he's the print guy ... makes no sense to me.

Yes, Marty has testified many times for prosecution, including HC. So HC is not too happy to have such a well trained professional checking over the latent prints in this case. As has been pointed out, the defense is entitled to have their expert examine the evidence that was examined by the prosecution's expert witness. My guess is Marty is being paid by funds for an expert witness set up by the AOC. I think this is extremely valuable evidence just as the state's experts were. Which one you believe, is your option.

IMO I don't like paid experts on either side. Dr. Vass being the only exception. He really is a science geek.

This is going nowhere. I have learned nothing to sway me either way.

What do you guys think? If this is the last witness (no JY testimony) then it is a dud to me. JMO

That's why they should have ruled out LE's prints from the evidence. The pros KNEW they were going to present these unidentified prints. This is a sad omission on the part of the State, to not have done that and ruled out LE. Because I strongly suspect the prints on the computer papers were LEs. Who else would CARE about them?

When cops are at a crime scene, they all wear gloves. It is protocol.

JMO

This whole case boils down to this for me:

There is a MOUNTAIN of circumstantial evidence. JY was a cheating .

However, all of the following are troublesome for concluding guilt:

1) unidentified prints
2) missing items
3) not a single piece of forensic evidence pointing to JY
4) not a single fiber from the hotel found in the house
5) not a single droplet of blood in JY's car
6) unreliable testimony of Gracie
7) questionable timeline
8) others seen at the house that morning by multiple witnesses

I may be missing some others. Point being, I don't think any of us could fault a juror for finding any one of the above reason alone for having doubt.

I have tons of doubt...... NG

I am positive there are hundreds of random finger prints in my house. I am the 5th person to own this house since it was built. I bet my own fingerprints are in the minority.

Literally hundreds of people would have to be tested to find who is the source of which prints. And my house I think was built after the Young residence.

IMO I don't like paid experts on either side. Dr. Vass being the only exception. He really is a science geek.

This is going nowhere. I have learned nothing to sway me either way.

What do you guys think? If this is the last witness (no JY testimony) then it is a dud to me. JMO

But every expert is a paid expert. And I think that point is lost on quite a few people when they question how much the defense expert is paid. Everyone from the Detectives, to SBI, CCBI, PI's, computer analysts etc., are all paid to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl