State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought SS handled the e-bay print out as well. Is he only comparing these prints to JYs? Was he provided prints from LE?

He's explaining away,........................???

Like I said, useless information and testimony.

If I were on that jury, I'd be very unhappy over this witness. It's like they just called him in to take up time and space.

JMHO
of course,
fran

Attempting to discredit the witness ... I'm confused.

False negative on the castle-myer test?

...and if there is a hung jury again, or JY is acquitted, hopefully the investigation will be reopened and they can start with these unidentified prints.

I doubt there will be a hung jury this time. I think the defense has hammered and produced sufficient reasonable doubt at the points the last jurors said were the reason for the four-holdouts.

JMO

Audio is terrible. Do they have 15 window A/C's in the courtroom? That's what it sounds like.

I get it ... the prosecution is proving that the witness submitted an earlier report, then corrected himself ... but didn't testify about the error, didn't testify about the mistaken result.

Hungarian Red.

that's a new one to me.

Sounds like a good name for a cocktail

Perhaps would go well with Strawberry/Pretzel salad

I am getting creeped out thinking about all the finger prints that could be around my house. Off to scrub door frames.

Not sure, but I THINK the pros is showing where this guy originally made a report, and then called the def and said 'I was mistaken.'

Think the pros is trying to discredit his findings.

Which to me, is a waste of time because as a juror I wouldn't remember one thing he said. It was pretty much same oh, same oh........

JMHO
fran

Me too... :( I'm getting ready to go back through, and I'm hoping our Cammy was court reporter today!!!!
And yikes, I just heard py found a humidor... wth?????
****I call bs****

I feel so lost. I can't wait to catch up!

If the jury can understand this then I'm impressed.

This class? It's hArD. I may have to drop it before the first midterm.

But every expert is a paid expert. And I think that point is lost on quite a few people when they question how much the defense expert is paid. Everyone from the Detectives, to SBI, CCBI, PI's, computer analysts etc., are all paid to be there.

I agree with you. I am cynical.

But I am not stupid. I know when each side is trying to pull the wool over my eyes. :) And both sides try awful hard to fool me.

All the sideways glances towards the DT table are telling me is a bit upset with them. Did they not share something they were supposed to, or prepare him for cross?

Now that it's getting good & interesting, I have to go to carpool! Someone take notes!

Did he give a report to LE and a different one or changed findings to the def?

:confused:
fran

Though the content of conversation taking place between HC and witness may sound like blah, blah, blah to the jurors...the tenor sound like the witness trying to communicate slowed down, simple answers that HC can't comprehend.

I agree with you. I am cynical.

But I am not stupid. I know when each side is trying to pull the wool over my eyes. :) And both sides try awful hard to fool me.

Amen. If there is one thing I have learned about the justice system, particularly in NC, is that we never get the full story. It's a good thing I've never served on a jury, because I'd just get pissed off when I find out one or both sides are trying to trick me.

So ... he did a report for the defense lawyers, results contradicted an earlier report ... or ... the witness reported that some of the prints were in blood ... no, not that either.

I guess the bottom line is that the prosecution is attempting to discredit his expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmberHolland443