State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The not latching while closing the door is pointless. He already testified he purposely did not close the door so he wouldn't "disturb sleeping neighbors". I've been in many a hotel where the door latch does not catch and you have to force the door to close all the way. I do find it odd that the HI hasn't fixed the door 5 years later.

I experienced the same thing a few weeks ago in New Orleans. Called the front desk & maintenance was there the same day to oil everything up & get it working properly again. But of course I wasn't trying to hide when I used my key card or when I was sneaking out to smoke a cigar :)

This is newish, FH evidently told Spivey she was driving down Birchleaf towards Penny - this is important in that FH also characterized her route as "the only way out of the neighborhood". There actually is another way out, but if she took the route the DT claims she told Spivey she did - she did NOT drive on Enchanted Oaks. State objects to questions, but judge will allow.

Spivey reads notes confirming FH was driving to Penny Rd. - so she did not drive on Enchanted Oaks - she was on Birchleaf the whole way.

Originally Posted by cody100
She was a breath of fresh air for the courtroom. Her mind is sharp, particularly on which house and what she saw. I found it interesting that the PT even took pictures of the house, driveway, and the parked vehicle at end of driveway. The DT used those pics to verify she had the right house.

"You had me come here for that?! "

She made a point.

And then she clearly said "it wasn't on Birchleaf" when the Prosecution showed her the map.

Gritguy or Wolfpack:

Is the judge allowing the testimony of FH (via Spivey) because he thinks she was confused yesterday and didn't testify accurately (according to what she told Spivey last year)?

Now moving on to gas receipts from 4 brothers (gas station where JY purportedly stopped on the way back to hotel). 4 receipts Collected 11/9/06 - DT admits into evidence.

Gritguy or Wolfpack:

Is the judge allowing the testimony of FH (via Spivey) because he thinks she was confused yesterday and didn't testify accurately (according to what she told Spivey last year)?

What is the basis of the objection? This witness can testify to his actions with FH, because that's not hearsay at all. The jury can draw their own conclusion as to whether or not she was confused as a witness, etc.

Spivey shouldn't be able to testify to the ultimate point, i.e. whether or not FH was wrong on the stand and meant something else. But he can allude to it to every extent.

And then she clearly said "it wasn't on Birchleaf" when the Prosecution showed her the map.

At this point, based on everything she said and what Spivey has just testified to (and CB's testimony) - as a juror I would believe she saw a car at the Young residence.

Mister nurse has four wedding bands:

:eek:

1) the clauddagh (that he just HAD to have)
2) the first one I got him (currently in the mud in Bosnia: he lost it there during deployment)
3) the one to replace the Bosnia one
4) another dressier one

My hubby has two. The one he got when we were first married, and one comprised of Celtic knots that he had to have. LOL

I myself have 3 copies of my ring. One is real, the others are replicas with fake stones that I found on Overstock. The reason for this is when my weight fluctuates I can't wear my original so the replicas are my "fat finger" rings.

Do you guys really think the highly decorated Highway Patrol Officer would distort his findings for anyone? Why did the PT not call him in first?

I have yet to see anyone post they thought "the highly decorated Highway Patrol Officer would distort his findings for anyone". :still shaking head:

So how does a guy who needed orthoscopic surgery on his leg from the car accident JY supposedly witnessed help JY explain away the computer searches for Head Injuries/Knockouts, etc...?

All he did was point out Michelle trying to find out if the accident happened from her friend. MOO

Put on your juror hats: How does it influence you as a juror if JLY doesn't take the stand, since you already know he testified last time? Does it make him appear he's hiding? Make him appear more confident? Does it not affect your opinion either way?

I've been wondering about this too - just posted in the legal thread about it last night! (thanks for the reminder to go check that thread)

I think a normal reaction would be to wonder if he testified in the first trial, why isn't is willing to now. That he must have some reason (or fear) making him not testify again so the jurors can witness it first-hand and see his presence in person. jmt

Quick question from yesterday's thread. I thought that the co-worker and SS both testified to the fact that MY said her seatbelt was off in the crash. Am I wrong?

No. I remember their version of what MY said varied slightly, but was basically the same. So, like you, I remember both women testifying that MY said her seatbelt was off.

It isn't a far reach for me to believe she was told to say her belt was on for insurance and/or ticketing purposes by JY. When I moved to NC 17 years ago, I was pulled over within two weeks of my arrival and received my first (and only knock wood) ticket. The violation? My passenger wasn't wearing his seatbelt...

So there was an accident. Can someone tell me the dates of these emails again? June '06?

And then what were the dates of Jason's google searches for head trauma, etc.? How far apart were these events?

I believe now there was an accident JY witnessed, but unless these were close in time, I don't buy that the google searches being related to it.

If I happened upon a wreck and tried to help the victim, and later did online searches, I would at least include "car wreck" "car accident" etc. in the search. Maybe that's just me.

So there was an accident. Can someone tell me the dates of these emails again? June '06?

And then what were the dates of Jason's google searches for head trauma, etc.? How far apart were these events?

I believe now there was an accident JY witnessed, but unless these were close in time, I don't buy that the google searches being related to it.

The emails were MY sending it on June 21st, and SS replying on June 22nd. Not sure when the google searches were done... anyone?

I don't recall anybody discussing this yesterday during PY's testimony.....The fact she said JY had 2 wedding bands (a dress one and a regular one). I've heard of women (wealthy, rich women with huge diamonds) doing that, but not men. And JY was a white collar worker, so it's not like he had to worry about doing construction work and damaging the ring. I thought that was a bit odd.

I wondered about that too since Jason basically was in sales. Alot of men seem to have trouble wearing a wedding band at all ;) so I'm surprised Jason in particular needed two.

I wondered about that too since Jason basically was in sales. Alot of men seem to have trouble wearing a wedding band at all ;) so I'm surprised Jason in particular needed two.

Now that, I think we can all agree on! :floorlaugh:

I've been wondering about this too - just posted in the legal thread about it last night! (thanks for the reminder to go check that thread)

I think a normal reaction would be to wonder if he testified in the first trial, why isn't is willing to now. That he must have some reason (or fear) making him not testify again so the jurors can witness it first-hand and see his presence in person. jmt

Great minds think alike. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member