State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered about that too since Jason basically was in sales. Alot of men seem to have trouble wearing a wedding band at all ;) so I'm surprised Jason in particular needed two.

I had multiple wedding bands that were given as gifts. I also had a thirteen dollar walmart ring that mimicked my wedding band that i used at the lake, on the beach, etc. One was a gift from my ex-wife for an anniversary.

I wondered about that too since Jason basically was in sales. Alot of men seem to have trouble wearing a wedding band at all ;) so I'm surprised Jason in particular needed two.

Especially since he probably took it off quite often for his extramarital escapades.

I didn't realize the 2 wedding bands was so predominant down there. When we lived there, I don't think I knew anybody who did that (or told me). However, I did learn about a groomsman wedding cake and a baby "sip and see." Never heard of those before my NC life.

I wish Spivey appeared more self-assured. He conveys a lack of confidence IMO and that's not helpful to the pros.

Could anyone actually hear & understand that voicemail message? It was really poor, garbled audio. And JMHO, but it holds no relevance to me in whether or not he was the murderer... he was just trying to solidify his alibi by leaving a message. He called Michelle only twice that day. I haven't seen all of his phone records, but IIRC he spent way more time that day (and that entire month) talking & texting with his mistress than talking & texting with his wife.

Another piece of evidence (purchase at cigar store in 2004) to support claim JY smoked cigars on occasion.

Ok, so if you barely let a door close, it sometimes might not latch. Got it.

That doesn't any in way change that it makes no sense to testify, as JY did, that he purposefully left his keycard in his room. In fact, the PI testified earlier he DID take his keycard, in case the door locked, like anyone else would.

Interesting now, since the DT is calling Det. Spivey. It appears they will go after eyewitness testimony to cars seen that morning, and that should be the crux of the DT presentation from what I've heard coming

Was Jason ever asked how many other times, during his hotel stays, he purposefully left the keycard in his room and propped the door open with a rock or twig to smoke a cigar, run to his car, go get a paper....for ANY reason? Of course, then I'd also ask "and during how many of those times were the hotel cameras messed with?"

Especially since he probably took it off quite often for his extramarital escapades.

I didn't realize the 2 wedding bands was so predominant down there. When we lived there, I don't think I knew anybody who did that (or told me). However, I did learn about a groomsman wedding cake and a baby "sip and see." Never heard of those before my NC life.

Just a note, the affairs that we know about, they all knew he was married. No need to take it off, imo. lol

Could anyone actually hear & understand that voicemail message? It was really poor, garbled audio. And JMHO, but it holds no relevance to me in whether or not he was the murderer... he was just trying to solidify his alibi by leaving a message. He called Michelle only twice that day. I haven't seen all of his phone records, but IIRC he spent way more time that day (and that entire month) talking & texting with his mistress than talking & texting with his wife.

Scott Peterson left a message for Laci after he'd already killed her. Means nothing to me.

I only caught a few words of that voicemail. The rest was garbled.

Look at JY. He looks preoccupied and fidgety. Wearing good suit. I think he might testify. He looks like he's rehearsing in his mind. IMO.

Another piece of evidence (purchase at cigar store in 2004) to support claim JY smoked cigars on occasion.

If you look through the evidence photos, it appears there is a cigar in a dish on top of the dresser. I don't doubt he smoked cigars, I do believe he lied about it on his policy and IMO I believe he lied about smoking one that night outside the hotel. If it was a simple action of wanting to smoke outside that night, he was captured on camera prior to going outside after he changed shirts and into a shirt that was never found, why wasn't he captured on that same camera coming back in? Or on any other camera?

I can't for the life of me find the date those searches were conducted. I can find a list of terms, but no date, without going back and watching that portion of testimony.

Crime scene photos of MY closet & of JY closet taken 11/4/06 (day after body found) referenced as defense exhibits, DT asked for confirmation they were taken 11/4 but nothing else. They are done with Spivey I think.

Scott Peterson left a message for Laci after he'd already killed her. Means nothing to me.

Yep... Chris Coleman left messages and called his home several times after strangling his wife & two sons in their beds, before calling his neighbor to go "check on them" after leaving the house less than an hour before. Means squat to me!

The emails were MY sending it on June 21st, and SS replying on June 22nd. Not sure when the google searches were done... anyone?

I just did a quick search and it looks like the computer expert that testified could not determine when the searches were made because they were deleted.

I agree 100% with you. IMO, the officer wouldn't have been in on all that info. On it's face it looked like an accident. I don't fault the officer here. Had those details been offered to the officer then maybe he would have dug deeper. My belief is Jason wrecked intentionally knowing he was buckled in and Michelle wasn't. JY would probably be okay in the accident and in his mind maybe MY wouldn't be. I often wondered if the river was as much a part of the plan as the accident. If JY would have planned to drive into the river, he would be mentally prepared to escape and MY would be caught off guard and may drown. I actually think winding up in the river was a big part of it. JMO.

So he drives into the river with her selt belt off & his on... Easier for her to get out.. MOO

I can't for the life of me find the date those searches were conducted. I can find a list of terms, but no date, without going back and watching that portion of testimony.

This is what I've found...

12:11 p.m.: Beth Whitney, a computer forensics expert for CCBI, said she examined the Youngs' family computer. She noted four searches in particular:

* "Anatomy of a knockout" in Yahoo.com

* "Head trauma blackout" in Yahoo.com

* "Head blow knockout" in Ask.com.

* "Head trauma" in Webmd.com.

She said she could not tell when those searches were made. She also said they had been deleted in the computer but the computer retained a record of them.

IMO that would be very important.

If you look through the evidence photos, it appears there is a cigar in a dish on top of the dresser. I don't doubt he smoked cigars, I do believe he lied about it on his policy and IMO I believe he lied about smoking one that night outside the hotel. If it was a simple action of wanting to smoke outside that night, he was captured on camera prior to going outside after he changed shirts and into a shirt that was never found, why wasn't he captured on that same camera coming back in? Or on any other camera?

The way I see this: DT is in part taking aim at HC's achilles heel, which is refusing to concede any deviation from the State story. By going down rabbit holes like the accident and did JY really smoke cigars - DT is dragging the State into fights the State will not win. The net effect IMO is a perceived weakening of the overall State case - even though these issues IMO are not necessary to get a G from a jury. Would tend to make a juror wonder what other things the State is "convinced" of that have little or no foundation. State should have conceded both these issues (and a few others) - in fact probably should have left them out of the trial entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj