State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I've found...

12:11 p.m.: Beth Whitney, a computer forensics expert for CCBI, said she examined the Youngs' family computer. She noted four searches in particular:

* "Anatomy of a knockout" in Yahoo.com

* "Head trauma blackout" in Yahoo.com

* "Head blow knockout" in Ask.com.

* "Head trauma" in Webmd.com.

She said she could not tell when those searches were made. She also said they had been deleted in the computer but the computer retained a record of them.

IMO that would be very important.

I think usually you can find out the date that searches were deleted, if you know what you're looking for. But it looks like we don't have that information in this case. Or a google subpoena to verify the search date and IP address, etc.

I absolutely think there's a huge difference between those searches being performed in late June, or late October/early November.

Thanks for looking all of this up!

The way I see this: DT is in part taking aim at HC's achilles heel, which is refusing to concede any deviation from the State story. By going down rabbit holes like the accident and did JY really smoke cigars - DT is dragging the State into fights the State will not win. The net effect IMO is a perceived weakening of the overall State case - even though these issues IMO are not necessary to get a G from a jury. Would tend to make a juror wonder what other things the State is "convinced" of that have little or no foundation. State should have conceded both these issues (and a few others) - in fact probably should have left them out of the trial entirely.

Yes, it smells like the Cooper case, where waaaay too much emphasis was placed on the green juice, all vs tide detergent, and "missing" ducks.

Scott Peterson left a message for Laci after he'd already killed her. Means nothing to me.

Me either...

That reminds me of something with his calls...I'm still not all the way through PY's testimony but I was struck last night by her talking about JY asking her to call Meredith about the urgency so Michelle's purse would be a suprise. IMHO the urgency was about someone finding MY since CY was alone. It's just not believable that he made all these calls to keep it a surprise when it was already past the anniversary. I know it would be more important to me to receive the gift on time, rather than a surprise after the fact when it had passed...

I don't recall anybody discussing this yesterday during PY's testimony.....The fact she said JY had 2 wedding bands (a dress one and a regular one). I've heard of women (wealthy, rich women with huge diamonds) doing that, but not men. And JY was a white collar worker, so it's not like he had to worry about doing construction work and damaging the ring. I thought that was a bit odd.

My FIL had 2.... One was his 25th wedding anniversary present... A couple of friends of mine - the man has 2... When they first married he had a cheaper ring than on the 1 yr anniversary they bought got new rings...

12:11 p.m.: Beth Whitney, a computer forensics expert for CCBI, said she examined the Youngs' family computer. She noted four searches in particular:

She said she could not tell when those searches were made. She also said they had been deleted in the computer but the computer retained a record of them.

Well, I think it's pretty apparent that if you beat the dickens out of somebody with some hard object they may die. Do you really think Jason was researching how hard and how many blows were needed to kill somebody? This whole search with no idea of the dates is a canard.

I think its also important that she also conceded that the deletions could be automatic in that the browser was set to delete history/temp files after a while (a common circumstance). No one has testified that the search history was deliberately deleted.

thanks for the clarification Stella. :)

Very telling that they were deleted..if they were him searching after an accident, why delete them? :waitasec:

These guys testified yesterday for the defense? Wow. Not good but then again I think this jury knows what kind of person JY is. The question is do they think he's a cold blooded murderer who beat his 5 month pregnant wife to death in front of his 2 year old little girl and smart enough not to leave any trace of physical evidence behind?

He's a sociopath, and he lived in the same home, the chances of leaving "physical evidence" behind really is low.

Who in their right mind dilutes adult medicine with water for a 2 year old????????????? THe same house that has baby locks every where. I cannot imagine for my life MY would allow that.

Easier for MY to be thrown around like a rag doll.
Their baby was thrown around enough to be miscarried...sad

True, but also easier for him to drown if his seat belt failed.... If I were on the jury I wouldnt even give the accident a 2nd thought...

The way I see this: DT is in part taking aim at HC's achilles heel, which is refusing to concede any deviation from the State story. By going down rabbit holes like the accident and did JY really smoke cigars - DT is dragging the State into fights the State will not win. The net effect IMO is a perceived weakening of the overall State case - even though these issues IMO are not necessary to get a G from a jury. Would tend to make a juror wonder what other things the State is "convinced" of that have little or no foundation. State should have conceded both these issues (and a few others) - in fact probably should have left them out of the trial entirely.

I do not disagree at all. That's a great point, and it might work, sad to say (though I will never believe a jury of 12 people would unanimously vote not guilty for Jason Young...too much proof).

Who in their right mind dilutes adult medicine with water for a 2 year old????????????? THe same house that has baby locks every where. I cannot imagine for my life MY would allow that.

I dont believe she did!!! There are 8 women on the jury too!!! moo

I think its also important that she also conceded that the deletions could be automatic in that the browser was set to delete history/temp files after a while (a common circumstance). No one has testified that the search history was deliberately deleted.

IIRC, the computer analyst testified that the deletion of history appeared sporadically, meaning that someone intentionally deleted history manually for certain dates.

I do not disagree at all. That's a great point, and it might work, sad to say (though I will never believe a jury of 12 people would unanimously vote not guilty for Jason Young...too much proof).

Agree - JY will never get an aquittal. There is enough evidence to make at least a few jurors solid G's.

I don't see this case reaching a unanimous not guilty either. While the defense's case has been stronger this time around, so has the prosecution's. I see a guilty verdict or a hung jury again with the make up of this jury.

Me either...

That reminds me of something with his calls...I'm still not all the way through PY's testimony but I was struck last night by her talking about JY asking her to call Meredith about the urgency so Michelle's purse would be a suprise. IMHO the urgency was about someone finding MY since CY was alone. It's just not believable that he made all these calls to keep it a surprise when it was already past the anniversary. I know it would be more important to me to receive the gift on time, rather than a surprise after the fact when it had passed...

What time did he start calling MF to go to his house???

Well, I think it's pretty apparent that if you beat the dickens out of somebody with some hard object they may die. Do you really think Jason was researching how hard and how many blows were needed to kill somebody? This whole search with no idea of the dates is a canard.

I don't like the no dates thing, and have no idea why she could find them. If you have advanced IT Forensics software & investigators it can be found & recovered. The terms of the search is what bothers me. If I happened upon a car accident I would google terms like Head Trauma in a Car Accident... certainly not Anatomy of a Knockout!

IIRC, the computer analyst testified that the deletion of history appeared sporadically, meaning that someone intentionally deleted history manually for certain dates.

I watched over the weekend to catch-up, I am pretty sure the DT asked if the searches references could have been auto-deleted and she said "yes". I will recheck.

I don't know of anyone who does nowadays but my mom did when we were small. She would give us adult aspirin, crushed, diluted in water with a bit of sugar. I guess it worked. :waitasec:

Hard to believe especially if JY worked in pharmaceuticals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member