State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be willing to bet some of the jurors from the last trial had the same questions I do.

For me, too many unanswered questions = reasonable doubt.

It will all come down to closing arguments.

All 4 attorneys will do the best they can tomorrow.

I can not believe this is almost finally over.

Why did JY have to talk to everyone he knows about his lack of sex with his wife? We don't need to understand his logic.

Why would you need to search head injuries to know how to cause them?

You hit someone on the head hard enough, they are going to die , anyway.

This conversation is gory tonite, sorry.

:(

I think I heard that it was a housecoat or something like that.

From WRAL trial gallery

youngWC.jpg

IMO, the yellowish/gold item on the floor is similar to the duck bath-wrap pictured at the link below. I have kids between 4-9 years old and we have one yellow duck bath wrap that I think looks a lot like the one pictured in the Young home. CY/JY may have used HER bath towel to try to clean up or to dry her feet.

http://www.kohls.com/KOHLS/updated/...g/PRD~426050/Jumping+Beans+Duck+Bath+Wrap.jsp

(I hope it's okay to post the link --- it didn't block it out so I think it is!)

I agree with the signs of no struggle. If MY was grabbing with her hands/fingers wouldn't there have been some evidence under her fingernails such as cloth from clothes, leather from gloves, etc.

Yes. The only injuries, other than the scratches on her neck, were to the back of her hands (probably covering her head/face).

I agree with the signs of no struggle. If MY was grabbing with her hands/fingers wouldn't there have been some evidence under her fingernails such as cloth from clothes, leather from gloves, etc.

But, she did struggle.

Otto just posted articles saying she did.

The Pros said she struggled.

The Sheriff said she struggled.

Dr. Baden said she struggled.

Why would you need to search head injuries to know how to cause them?

You hit someone on the head hard enough, they are going to die , anyway.

This conversation is gory tonite, sorry.

:(

I'm thinking of cases where head injuries either don't seem very severe and then the person dies(like Natasha Richardson) or if he didn't hit in the correct spot, he might not kill her. Then you have Gabrielle Giffords who was shot in the head and she is recovering pretty well considering. Just that head injuries aren't always predicable...this was in response to saying that he only wanted to hit her once or twice and didn't expect it to get messy.

Agreed, it is gory.

If JY did this, my main issue is conflicting theories that it was a. meant to only be strangulation(and not messy) or b. there was a weapon and he meant to beat her to death.

If the killer brought a weapon, it's hard to argue that it was only meant to be a strangulation. If I were thinking about killing someone with a weapon, especially beating them to death, I would anticipate some mess.

Which is why if I were JY and planning this, I would wear something other than my hush puppy shoes.

But more important is whatever the prosecution is trying to say regarding a weapon, which I can't remember right now.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense. I'm pretty tired :)

I could see this, and then the head trauma searches would make sense if he was trying to figure out where to hit on the head to deliver a lethal blow - to make sure she died, not just to knock her out.

But then why the overkill?

Given the element of surprise, the fact that she was asleep and five months pregnant, Jason Young didn't expect her to have a prayer at fighting back. And truthfully, she really didn't. But even the act of self-defense and grabbing her own neck and covering her face, that awakened the Jason Young described by Gen Cargol as "glazed over." And he let it all out on Michelle in those moments. Cassidy's appearance snapped him out of it but by now he'd made a much messier scene than planned. Have said it before and will repeat - Casiddy Young, an alive Cassidy, is in the top 10 of facts that show Jason Young's guilt.

IMO, the yellowish/gold item on the floor is similar to the duck bath-wrap pictured at the link below. I have kids between 4-9 years old and we have one yellow duck bath wrap that I think looks a lot like the one pictured in the Young home. CY/JY may have used HER bath towel to try to clean up or to dry her feet.

http://www.kohls.com/KOHLS/updated/...g/PRD~426050/Jumping+Beans+Duck+Bath+Wrap.jsp

(I hope it's okay to post the link --- it didn't block it out so I think it is!)

Thank you, and clearly if you follow the prints into the bathroom, they go up on her step stool.

Where are there any adult prints and how could someone stand in the hallway and reach over that far to pick her up?

I could see this, and then the head trauma searches would make sense if he was trying to figure out where to hit on the head to deliver a lethal blow - to make sure she died, not just to knock her out.

But then why the overkill?

She probaly became aware that it was her husband trying to kill her. He didn't plan on her fighting back.

Please tell me you knocked on wood after you typed that. Get it insured!!!

Although truth be told I would be devastated, I mean devastated, at the loss of my wedding band. My engagement ring is worth monetarily substantially more but it wasn't the ring that was placed on my finger the day I was married. That for me holds far more value. Plus a wedding band is more about vows than a promise to marry. Vows are for eternity.

That is the way I try to look at it. It is only a diamond but it did mean a lot to me since that engagement ring was the start of a wonderful relationship that has only grown stronger in 28+ years.

I loved the diamond. It was a registered diamond and flawless. He replaced it with another one but I will always miss the diamond I lost. It had been on my finger for over 20 years.

IMO

I'm thinking of cases where head injuries either don't seem very severe and then the person dies(like Natasha Richardson) or if he didn't hit in the correct spot, he might not kill her. Then you have Gabrielle Giffords who was shot in the head and she is recovering pretty well considering. Just that head injuries aren't always predicable...this was in response to saying that he only wanted to hit her once or twice and didn't expect it to get messy.

Agreed, it is gory.

If JY did this, my main issue is conflicting theories that it was a. meant to only be strangulation(and not messy) or b. there was a weapon and he meant to beat her to death.

If the killer brought a weapon, it's hard to argue that it was only meant to be a strangulation. If I were thinking about killing someone with a weapon, especially beating them to death, I would anticipate some mess.

Which is why if I were JY and planning this, I would wear something other than my hush puppy shoes.

But more important is whatever the prosecution is trying to say regarding a weapon, which I can't remember right now.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense. I'm pretty tired :)

No specific weapon that I know of has ever been mentioned.

There were years of theories it was a flash light.

But, she did struggle.

Otto just posted articles saying she did.

The Pros said she struggled.

The Sheriff said she struggled.

Dr. Baden said she struggled.
When I said Michelle didn't struggle, I meant that she was not actively standing and fighting with the killer. I used the word "struggle" wrong in the sentence. Sorry.

She wasn't on her feet, fighting for her life, is what I mean. IIRC, she never even got off the bed. She struggled yes, but it was panicked self defense - the poor woman even clawed at her own neck!, but I think she didn't for too long, because he overwhelmed her and beat her to death, whoever the killer is...

That is the way I try to look at it. It is only a diamond but it did mean a lot to me since that engagement ring was the start of a wonderful relationship that has only grown stronger in 28+ years.

I loved the diamond. It was a registered diamond and flawless. He replaced it with another one but I will always miss the diamond I lost. It had been on my finger for over 20 years.

IMO

AWE! Congrats on 28 years! These days that's a feat in of itself!

Also if JY planned well enough to wear gloves and cover up so well that he didn't get a drop of blood or a scratch on him, why would he be so careless as to wear his own hush puppy shoes?

Perhaps the plan was for there to be no blood?

You know, if it was some random killer, I just cannot believe that Cassidy would have been as quiet and calm as she was when Meredith found her. A normal kid would have been terrified and screaming out of fear as someone walked in that room. To me, this points again to the killer having been someone she knew who probably told that everything was going to be ok, mommy's just being spanked for biting.

No specific weapon that I know of has ever been mentioned.

There were years of theories it was a flash light.

Did the ME give an opinion about what he thought the weapon was? Usually they do that so LE can look for those particular type weapons.

IMO

Again why not call his SIL earlier than he did.... 2 yrs olds don't sleep all day.... My nephew is around that age and hes up with the chickens NO matter what time he went to bed...

IIRC from the early days, it seems like I heard he left a voicemail for MF in the morning, but she didn't go to the house until that afternoon. Does anyone else recall that he left her a voicemail in the morning?

What I am going to hope and pray for tonight- is that CY no longer has any memory of that horrible night and the images that we have seen of the crime scene. Man that poor poor child.

Regarding CY's diaper being missing. JY simply picked up CY as he would normally do and realized he had left his fingerprints on the diaper. So he had to get rid of it with the shoes, the sweater etc.

And that is why he didn't put another diaper or pull ups on CY. didn't want to risk his prints being the only ones on CY's diaper...plus he was in a rush to get out of the house. Time was of the essence he had a trip to make.

But I thought he had gloves on so no scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member