State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (A.M. session: DT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying hard, and mostly failing, to put myself in the jurors' shoes. I personally don't find any of the lawyers in this trial particularly compelling, and yet were I a juror, I'd still be rather suspect of the DT's closing argument. I would also be hoping the PT takes an anti-"ummm" pill before they launch. FWIW which is about :twocents:

DT now bashing PT saying they HAD to this and they HAD to that in re: to other things brought out by prosecution

now on to wrongful death case

DT closing taking cue from JY: not one "whit" of sympathy, empathy, compassion or anything for Michelle, who is after all the reason they are all there. or Ryan. Nothing. Nothing in JY's testimony and nothing here to indicate any concern at all that she was murdered. Remember Klink said we have a natural urge for revenge. But none from JY - because he did it.

I guess they need to throw the sister and mother under the bus. I swear PY wrote this.

It does make me wonder if Jason was the one that cleaned CY up then how did she remain so clean from 4:30 am in the morning until after 1:00 pm when Meredeth arrived.

IMO

I think he drugged her and rocked her back to sleep.

I think Collins is doing very well. He is addressing the 'holes' in the state's case and pointing out the missing/possibly excluded/what-have-you information. He is addressing a lot of things that I took issue with, as a person with reasonable doubt.

Fran,

No new DA. Same one has been in office for a long time.

This case was never a cold case. The DA kept making the investigators continue to investigate before they determined they had likely gotten all the evidence they ever would and finally pulled the trigger to take it to the Grand Jury and so on.

Is he actually shoveling *advertiser censored* on the Fishers now??? That is a new low.

Just busted LF for making 150G on the case: disgusting.

Speculating about what Alice said about JY's chances on the custody case. Why speculate? You could have called her. Y'all didn't want none of that on the stand!

Just busted LF for making 150G on the case: disgusting.

Wow--I was just about to write that I thought Collins was making some good efforts against the anticipated PT closing, but that was just uncalled for, and I think that could backfire on him.

IIRCC, a new DA or something stepped into the office? Anyway, someone new and they went over the old cases to see if they had merit.

Some one tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't they arrest Raven about the same time, if not the same weekend as JY?

fran

I think Raven was a result of that (Durham County and the Nifong fall-out, etc) but I don't think Jason was. I had thought it might have been related to putting it all together for the WDS in this case.

CW at WCDAO has been in office for about as long as I've been on the planet. It's a generally well-run office, but recently, the latest crop has caused some issues (younger DAs) because the "grow up under your guster" idea hasn't worked out so well with them.

HC is brilliant, in spite of this case. BH is more of a second chair (like in a permanent fashion).

They have some awesome folks there overall. The WC system is busted though. Not really based on corruption as much as overwhelming amounts of court cases. If you were able to peak into the WC Jail on any given weekend, it's filled to the brim and past it. This has been a problem since the late nineties.

It does make me wonder if Jason was the one that cleaned CY up then how did she remain so clean from 4:30 am in the morning until after 1:00 pm when Meredeth arrived.

IMO

It was the middle of the night. He cleaned her up and put her back to sleep, with or without medicine that time of night would likely be easy for a toddler to fall back asleep. When she woke the blood was dry. Doesn't blood dry quickly?

...a series of completely INNOCENT events....

yeah, because any loving partner would cheat on me with my best friend, do dick tricks at parties, bla bla bla...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeonGhostWolf