State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (A.M. session: DT closing arguments)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't hear Klink mention anything about JY smoking a cigar?

We'll see if Collins brings it up.

I think the better defense strategy would be to say "there is no evidence that JY's Hush Puppies left those prints. We don't even know how many of those shoes HP made with that sole - Mr. Riha couldn't answer that question. But for arguments sake, lets consider if it actually was those Orbitals JY once owned..."

Agreed 100%

Is the defense theory that one person could only do so much wrong and JY had already maxed out his evil limit??

He's either chucked the whole idea of an NG or HJ or he's going for broke. I am not sure what he's doing, but the evil limit thing has a ring of truth. He didn't go that long either.

No evidence that points to JY - other than his shoe prints, his sweater, his hotel behavior, his motive, his post murder behavior, and so on and so forth.

Judge said you haven't heard it all. I think after this closing I HAVE heard it all!!!

10 minute recess... so the DT's close was just at an hour when they were given 3... wow!

For those who thing he is horrible, could you detail how you would make a more compelling closing.....I am not being snarky. Just curious.

This is just what he has to work with - and the point is the evidence points to his client. No Snark Cody - it is what it is.

For those who thing he is horrible, could you detail how you would make a more compelling closing.....I am not being snarky. Just curious.

I don't have sound but from what I'm reading, the shoes was a big no no. Admitting those were Jason's shoes and someone else wore them to murder Michelle is ridiculous! He was better off saying there was no exact shoe print match to the hush puppies.

Saying the perp took CY outside to clean her up is another big oooops, imo. No stranger takes a child outside, cleans her up and then takes her back inside.

Klink has gone on record the killer was a 'he.'
Klink has gone on record the killer wore JY's HP shoes.
Will he next use the sayings Johnny Cochran considered but didn't use:

"if there's a blister, he must have hit her?"

or

"if his toe is black he did the attack?"

DT clearly hanging their hats on the hope that at least one juror will get stuck on the physical evidence without taking into consideration the circumstancial.

Ok. Got here late. This is the defense closing? Seriously. :seeya: JY

Klink: "There is no evidence pointing to JY in this case having killed his wife. Take a long hard look at the physical evidence...."

WHEW.

He pointed out all the physical evidence.

I'm shocked by what I'm reading.

so if i understand this right, jy isnt organzied enough to have done this? Thats all they have?

I unfortunately thought court was starting an hour later than it did, so I missed the beginning of the def closing argument. Ehh, was the rest as bad as the last 45 minutes? I mean, FOR the defendant?

Wow! I thought this def team has done a great job, overall, defending their client. But to stumble so badly at the important ending, well, I'm shocked. :eek:

OTOH, hope it works in the State's favor!

I HOPE the pros took notes! This is their final act. They need to run with it!

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads