State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually extremely helpful that they know the camera was disabled at 11:20 p.m.

Keep drilling that into their heads BH... after he has the police report, after he knows he was caught on camera, after... after... after

It was a cold and windy night. . .lol . . .going out to smoke a cigar.

So if the door was propped open to his room YOU would think the hotel guy would have noticed it and said so..... So leads me to say the door was closed.... Room key used once.. My vote NG!!!

DT had a golden opportunity to blow this wide open. PT contends that JY left the door propped open so that JY entry's/reentry's could not be tracked. This is very critical to the PT case. Why wouldn't the DT then take the initiative to prove that a propped open door would easily open when sliding the receipt under the door or hanging paper on the latch. Perhaps they did try this and found that is it possible to both slide receipt and hang newspaper without having the propped door open? Noticing whether or not a door is propped is not relevant.

Finally demonstrating how easy it is to unplug the camera.

Maybe I'm getting details mixed up, but was the significance of the camera supposed to be that no one would see him come back in the hotel? Since we already know he went out a couple of times.

We know he came back in the hotel at some point to get his receipt.

Ok never mind, got it.

Hey fran,
I can't listen... could you explain what you mean?

I think it's possible when he left his hotel room and was seen at the front counter, he MAY have already propped open the door and was checking out the front counter desk, to see if there was some sort of alert, light, whatever, to tell the desk person that door was NOT closed.

Oh, wait, what time did the door have to be locked? Does anyone recall what the sign said?

Maybe he stayed until AFTER midnight so it would be locked, and then he put the , uh, twig/rock in the jam?

hmmmmm,
gotta think about that one,
fran

PS....note to self, camera was disabled at 11:20, PERHAPS he was checking the front desk surveilance camera to make sure it was disabled and he wouldn't be seen! :eek:

I find this closing riveting. I think she's doing a terrific job.

On this date, it's not only unplugged... the door is not only propped open, but it is pushed up... On this date!

poor jy, unluckiest dude in the world <vomit>

OH, also, note to self, camera not tampered with once, but twice! Oh, and JY was out of his room at that time, per his own admission.

just sayin'
fran

Yea for a man that never smokes!!!!!! a casual smoke in the cold and wind!:floorlaugh:moo

What would you need to believe he did actually go out and smoke that night? A video?

I think the focus on the cigar detracts from the Prosecution argument and brings the focus away from the murder. Because defense has shown cigar receipts, a humidor, and testimony that he did smoke occasionally. But what does it matter? He may very well have smoked a cigar before murdering his wife. But when you make the smoking testimony something that hinges the murder, I think that's a mistake.

fran, I noted that too (that camera was tampered with two times in one night)

What would you need to believe he did actually go out and smoke that night? A video?

I think the focus on the cigar detracts from the Prosecution argument and brings the focus away from the murder. Because defense has shown cigar receipts, a humidor, and testimony that he did smoke occasionally. But what does it matter? He may very well have smoked a cigar before murdering his wife. But when you make the smoking testimony something that hinges the murder, I think that's a mistake.

:goodpost:: That's the kind of thing that's been driving me crazy in this trial!

ITA Wolfpack.... When people come to my house they have to go outside & smoke... Even if its raining or blowing snow...

fran, I noted that too (that camera was tampered with two times in one night)

The same camera? So did someone fix it the first time and then the same person tampered with it again without getting caught? :waitasec:

I walked out for a minute. Has she talked about the clothes he was seen on video, that they never found?

The smoking or non-smoking does not mean squat to me. Instead it is the act of propping this exit door that raises great suspicion. I have said many times that the propping of the hotel room door can be believed for reasons stated of being courteous. However the fact that you then don't carry your hotel key so that you can re-enter the hotel after you smoke the cigar raises great suspicion.

These 2 acts of propped doors seems to do nothing more than to mask when you re-enter the hotel.

ITA Wolfpack.... When people come to my house they have to go outside & smoke... Even if its raining or blowing snow...

Mine too... but are they regular smokers? For someone that is not a regular smoker or cigar smoker, no way are they going to go out in inclement weather for a smoke. I could understand if he was addicted to nicotine... but not just a casual smoke, late at night, when you're alone at a hotel. That doesn't add up to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB