State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-10-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Cammy! You don't need to look these up for me! In reading yesterdays thread, I was just surprised that it sounded like fact that Cassidy was drugged. And I missed what the NY times lady testified to.

Okay, thank you, and just so you know, everything is still at WRAL, last trial , new trial, all the warrants , etc.

A portion of the search warrant for MY's Lexus is:

"Due to the situation with the child's bloodied foorprints versus the clean condition of the child's feet when found, it is believed that the 2000 Silver
Lexus RX 300 could have been used to transport the child from the scene."

Did the psychologist mention other forms of abuse, or just verbal abuse? It's hard to imagine two people having long, loud arguments and only one of them using cutting remarks.

One of the tv stations over at WRAL Twitter is tweeting that Jason forcibly forced sex with Michelle, not that she felt that he was, but that he did....

The headlines are running with stories over there that are not quite accurate.

SS testified that MY had a very sad side to her before she met Jason, that a lot of people did not see, but because they lived together, she did.

Then there is the one, that the gas station clerk's testimony never waivers, huh? For real?

On another note:

Otto, can you remember exactly what Elmer Goad said about the shrubbery
at the Hampton? His testimony is longer than I thought and I can't find it.

Thank you in advance.

I leave my cell phone in my car. I only need it when I'm away from home or work
(where there are old fashioned ways for contacting me) and even then it's turned off half the time. I don't understand the need to stay connected all the time, so perhaps I have a different perspective about the importance of cell phones in day to day life.

In your own words above you only need it when you are away from home or work. Jason was away from home. Also it sounds like your pattern of behavior is to not be a frequent cell phone user. I believe when the cell phone records of JY are in evidence we will see his pattern of behavior will be quite different from yours.

Did the psychologist mention other forms of abuse, or just verbal abuse? It's hard to imagine two people having long, loud arguments and only one of them using cutting remarks.

I think there was a link about verbal abuse in a recent post. It might be worth reading as to what constitutes verbal abuse. Its about demeaning and denigrating language directed at a subordinate by a person in power, as a means to exert control. A good example of verbal abuse would be the taunts thrown by a bully. The person being bullied might shout, cry, verbally fight back, but the bully prevails because there is a power imbalance. Veiled threats, such as "you better hope the beer kicks in..." are bullying in nature and clearly demonstrate where the power lies.

One of the tv stations over at WRAL Twitter is tweeting that Jason forcibly forced sex with Michelle, not that she felt that he was, but that he did....

The headlines are running with stories over there that are not quite accurate.

SS testified that MY had a very sad side to her before she met Jason, that a lot of people did not see, but because they lived together, she did.

Then there is the one, that the gas station clerk's testimony never waivers, huh? For real?

On another note:

Otto, can you remember exactly what Elmer Goad said about the shrubbery
at the Hampton? His testimony is longer than I thought and I can't find it.

Thank you in advance.

Wow ... I guess that's what happens when one or two sentences are taken out of context.

I didn't catch what he said about shrubs. The only thing I remember is that the bushes were thicker back in 2006, but I think that may have been said by the night audit clerk ... not sure.

In your own words above you only need it when you are away from home or work. Jason was away from home. Also it sounds like your pattern of behavior is to not be a frequent cell phone user. I believe when the cell phone records of JY are in evidence we will see his pattern of behavior will be quite different from yours.

I main point that I see as relevant is whether he habitually turned off his cell phone at night. There was a phone next to the bed in the Young home, so it's quite possible that cell phones were turned off at night. It's possible that Jason used a phone with an alarm setting ... I don't really remember whether he turned his phone off or not that night ... but that's most likely because I don't view a cell phone being turned off at night as sinister. Maybe he had his phone turned on for the alarm.

I am the same age as MY and JY... and I cannot tell you one of my friends that turns their phone off or doesn't have it right next to them as an alarm clock, etc... especially if JY was a salesman and on a business trip...

again moo

Remember this was 2006. Cell phones were common and most people had them, but I don't feel like we were as obsessed with being constantly on-call as we are in 2012.

The only successful smartphone at that point were non-touch blackberries.

First, the context of the counselor's use of the term 'verbal abuse' was in response to the prosecution's question to her: (paraphrasing) "Did you suggest they both attend counseling together?" To which, the counselor replied: (paraphrasing) "No, in instances of abuse, marital counseling is not indicated," (meaning: you don't provide counseling for an abuse victim WITH the abuser present).

The counselor didn't provide the rationale for her conclusion that MY was verbally abused. She just stated her conclusion.

Second, it is extremely common, and perhaps defines the concept of verbal abuse, that the abused does NOT use 'cutting remarks' and tactics similar to those used by the abuser. It has to do with the abused person's eroded self-esteem, which is the outcome of abuse. Listening to the email she wrote to her friend in NJ, IMO, it seems MY was more of an enabler, and trying to rationalize and justify "Jas" and his behavior rather than ripping him to shreds.

If I ever kill someone, I would leave the cell phone turned on and I would leave it at the hotel while I drive back to commit the murder. That way it would appear that I was at the hotel the entire night. Turning it off intentionally would not make sense. Whether JY would have been smart enough to think about that is a subject for debate.

I wonder if JY would not have left his cell phone in his unlocked room for fear of having it stolen, who knows. We can tear apart the hours and actions he would have needed to commit such a crime and none of it may be as he had planned if he did commit the crime. It's like the Monday morning quarterback, if only this were a game.

Jason seemed to like his phone. He was on the phone on anniversary from the moment he picked up michelle until dinner was served. moo Thats demeaning! imo

Life happened, women were pregnant, babies were born before cell phones were invented. A husband that was at work or away from phones while his wife was pregnant was not the end of the world.

For someone as attached to his cell phone as JY was - he certainly used it OFTEN - turning it off seems odd to me. Especially since he used it to communicate with MM and he could do that easier when he was on the road - so why turn it off.

I don't find the rationale of not turning it off so that MY could reach him in an emergency to be applicable to JY's level of caring or involvement with his wife. I would expect he turned it off when it suited him.

Would be interesting to know if we usually turned it off at home (my guess is yes - because it was a tool for his infidelity) - and with this - I don't think that we could expect the same behaviors home and on the road....

I find him to be selfish and sneaky - and thus - a cell phone was a convenience FOR HIM - to further his affair / infidelity, to call people HE wanted to call - but not necessarily so that he could be reached by others.

MOO

Oooops, last thing.
The therapist reports MY never told her of any physical abuse.

I would like to say this: while *I* was in a physically-abusive relationship, I would ALWAYS deny it. I did this to preserve the relationship (stupid, stupid me) and keep up appearances - I did NOT want to be the one who would be in that situation. So there was big-time denial on my part. That said, I don't necessarily think Jason was physically abusive to Michelle (before he murdered her, of course!), but just b/c Michelle didn't tell anyone that doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

Do we know that he intentionally turned off his cell phone? Every once in a while my cell phone will turn off during the night after the battery drains and I don't know it until I check it in the morning. Wouldn't it be possible that something like that happened that night?

There is a very, very long list of things that "just happened to", a long list of coincidences. As I have said a million times, nobody has that many coincidences happen to them in a 24 hour period, on the nite their wife just happened to be savagely murdered, the wife Jason didn't want. The next day JY was calling his momma 28 times, he needed to tell her to call Meredith to go get the printout, so if he has called her that many times to help him get a hold of Meredith, why doesn;t Jason answer his phone when Linda Fisher or Meredith FIsher calls him, he let those calls go to voicemail.

Its sort of a given that verbal and/or other forms of emotional abuse are precursors to physical abuse. Not that every case of verbal abuse turns to violence, but most all cases of physical abuse are preceded by verbal/emotional abuse.

So possibly MY's murder is the next step in the progression, physical abuse taken to the extreme of murder by beating, by a man who posesses not a shred of impulse control.

"A medicine dropper that contained traces of both substances, as well as Cassidy's DNA, was also seized. Defense attorneys pointed out that Jason Young's prints were not on the dropper or the Tylenol bottle, but a print that investigators could not connect to any of the people tested was on the Tylenol cap."

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/06/21/1288427/young-defense-begins-with-mother.html#storylink=cpy

If the print on the cap came from the pharmacist and the DNA on the jewelry box came from the salesperson, did the DNA on the rock originate with the rock manufacturer?

I thought it was determined that the dna on the rock couldn't match JY, or the odds of it matching him were slim ?

It is an email that MY forwarded to her friend, Jennifer, to show what was going on.

Jason is being really nice and trying to show Michelle that her Mom is hurting their family by all her long extended visits.

That even MF can only tolerate so much of her as well.

He mentions how many times LF has been there and how it is not fair.

That his family does not come and stay overnite, or any of the things LF does.

It goes on to say, he is trying, and he understands, but Michelle has to stand up to her Mom.

The visit to Brevard is mentioned, Jason says LF can come for Thanksgiving, but not to stay long after that.

It's a very long email and now the defense has decided not to cross.

I don't see anywhere in that e-mail (or anywhere else) where Jason is being really, really nice. I don't see where he is trying or he understands anything.
It was never in him to be any of those things, from the time she found out she was pregnant with Cassidy, he didn't want her, he didn't want his daughter and he didn't want his son and he didn't want to be married. Hope he wants to be incarcerated.

I had to work out of town yesterday, came home last night and fell into bed. I was simply too tired to try to get caught up. Had to go out of town again this morning but have been reading your posts trying to get caught up this way this afternoon. Thank you all so very much for making it easy to grasp what happened in court. I may not even go back and watch any of the testimony now since you all did such a grand job. Thank you!

I thought it was determined that the dna on the rock couldn't match JY, or the odds of it matching him were slim ?

The odds are very slim, but that didn't prevent the prosecution from introducing the rock as evidence and implying that a 3 allele match meant something.

I don't see anywhere in that e-mail (or anywhere else) where Jason is being really, really nice. I don't see where he is trying or he understands anything.
It was never in him to be any of those things, from the time she found out she was pregnant with Cassidy, he didn't want her, he didn't want his daughter and he didn't want his son and he didn't want to be married. Hope he wants to be incarcerated.

Just gotta chime in on this--you nailed it. I hope the jury can see this as easily as we can.

Yes, but it really helped the defense !

Disagree, didn't help them at all. That was a lengthy, abusive e-mail designed to continue the cycle of emotional abuse that Jason Young was inflicting on his wife. It shows him for who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member