State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-13-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a small child wake up before a murder had taken place? The noise of it is what would wake her. She stepped in after her mother was laying dead in the floor. Stepped in blood. She was removed to the bathroom while the killer clean himself up. The last thing he did before he left was see to CY.

I think she was in the bathroom for some time, doing what a 2 year old would do if they're shut up in a room. Wandering around, up and down off the stool, laying on the rug and rubbing her feet on the wall, waiting for her dad to come get her.

Agreed that the noise would wake her, but if it was JY, he would know she was there - wouldn't he make sure she was locked up somewhere while he did it? Or do you think she was in her room and walked into the master bedroom during/after the murder?

That's another reason why I don't understand why she was in good spirits when Meredith found her the next day. If she had witnessed any part of the murder, it seems like she would have been very upset even if she didn't quite understand what was happening.

sorry for all these newbie questions but was CY ever forensically interviewed?

The treadmill, btw, wasn't running. The power console was on, but that wouldn't make any noise. The belt itself was not moving. Another point of confusion that was cleared up this morning during Galloway's testimony.

did they have anyone from his "werk meeting" testify as to his affect, etc at the last trial? was he distracted, etc?

tia

Yes, Nurse....that is going to be Jennifer Sproles, the medical director at Dickenson hospital.

Search warrants said she described Jason as hyper, but when she took the stand, she said slightly nervous..

We still have such a long way to go !!

thanks Madeleine!
I could have swore the other guy said it was running (or maybe he just said "on" and my mind took the leap LOL)

That's another reason why I don't understand why she was in good spirits when Meredith found her the next day.

Good spirits? :what:

What an interesting interpretation.

Based on MF's description with CY hiding under the covers and then just staring at her aunt and jumping into her arms, that doesn't sound like "good spirits" as much as shock. She was probably relieved someone she knew, loved, and trusted had come to find her. She was a very verbal child so she started talking about what she saw.

Change that "good spirits" to "good condition." The killer didn't kill her and had taken care of her to some extent. And that person would have been her father. When asked if someone was there she kept mentioning "Daddy."

Agreed that the noise would wake her, but if it was JY, he would know she was there - wouldn't he make sure she was locked up somewhere while he did it? Or do you think she was in her room and walked into the master bedroom during/after the murder?

That's another reason why I don't understand why she was in good spirits when Meredith found her the next day. If she had witnessed any part of the murder, it seems like she would have been very upset even if she didn't quite understand what was happening.

Wow!!

This is EXACTLY what I always thought and could not get past.

It is so good to see someone new ask the same questions that some of us initially had as well.

Thank you so much!!

(where were you five years ago...:floorlaugh:

Is 'good spirits' supposed to be... not screaming and crying? Or what exactly?

That is what I think, not even so much of a robbery, a goth thrill kill, and then grabbed some jewelry boxes when the killer or killer(s) realized what they had done.

I think they were in there all nite and this attack lasted a long time.
Remember, there is going to be very credible testimony of another car, I don't want to ruin it for first time trial watchers.

:wink:

JMO

So - to date - these goth killers had no previous kills, there are no goth "signatures" at the crime scene, and no other similar issues have occurred to date. And no issue with the overall "goth" community in Raleigh. So they were one and done?

can you point to specifics that lead you to believe this is a "goth kill" - studies, statistics, similar crimes, etc.

Thanks.

Good spirits? :what:

What an interesting interpretation.

Based on MF's description with CY hiding under the covers and then just staring at her aunt and jumping into her arms, that doesn't sound like "good spirits" as much as shock. She was probably relieved someone she knew, loved, and trusted had come to find her. She was a very verbal child so she started talking about what she saw.

Change that "good spirits" to "good condition." The killer didn't kill her and had taken care of her to some extent. And that person would have been her father.

But, she is not crying.
Does not appear to be hungry or thirsty.

Does not seem like she was alone for hours and hours and hours.
If you think Jason killed Michelle, CY would have been alone 11 hours before found.
11 hours!
In which., she did what?

The first responder testified she was fine.
He was probably more used to seeing some trauma or distress after seeing a scene lke that.

Why wouldn't JY have locked her in the bathroom(or her own room) before he committed the murder instead of after she had already walked through the blood?

Unless the focus was on the murder and the killer wasn't thinking about CY.

If CY wasn't locked up and was free to roam around during the murder, and the killer is going to leave her alone in the house anyway, what is the point of locking her in the bathroom at all?

So - to date - these goth killers had no previous kills, there are no goth "signatures" at the crime scene, and no other similar issues have occurred to date. And no issue with the overall "goth" community in Raleigh. So they were one and done?

can you point to specifics that lead you to believe this is a "goth kill" - studies, statistics, similar crimes, etc.

Thanks.

Scott Dyleski murder of Pamela Vitale Horowitz

Extremely violent

Goth

Misplaced anger

Rage

Brutal

Continuation of beating victim long after it was necessary

Overkill, similiar to above

Why wouldn't JY have locked her in the bathroom(or her own room) before he committed the murder instead of after she had already walked through the blood?

How would the killer know his initial plan to first do one "head trauma knockout" as his google search showed, followed by strangulation to do the killing wouldn't work and he would then have to resort to beating MY's head and face over 30 times? Think he knew while creeping up those stairs that's what was going to happen?

CY was likely asleep in her bed. Had his strangulation plan worked his daughter probably would not have woken up. But 30+ blows makes noise.

Scott Dyleski murder of Pamela Vitale Horowitz

Goth

Misplaced anger

Overkill

Wasn't he having packages sent to their house? Case seems alot different IMO.

How would the killer know his initial plan to first do one "head trauma knockout" as his google search showed, followed by strangulation to do the killing wouldn't work and he would then have to resort to beating MY's head and face over 30 times? Think he knew while creeping up those stairs that's what was going to happen?

CY was likely asleep in her bed. Had his strangulation plan worked his daughter probably would not have woken up. But 30+ blows makes noise.

Didn't know he searched google for that. Another piece of the puzzle the defense will have to explain away.

"Good spirits" or some similar description is what Meredith said. She said the child was fine and chatting away. She wasn't crying or upset.

She wasn't crying. As for being upset, the effect on CY could have been deeper than what a lay person would observe. CY was seen at some point later, perhaps months later, at her daycare "acting out" the murder of her mother with a couple dolls in her play. Teachers had observed this.

Thanks.

How did those goth killers manage to get themselves downstairs and outside the house without leaving any sort of blood trail? Surely they didn't all clean up and grab some new clothes out of JLY's closet, unbloody shoes, etc., to traipse through the house and back out the garage door?

Didn't know he searched google for that. Another piece of the puzzle the defense will have to explain away.

Oh wait till you see the sequence of searches on his computer. :-O

Searches like:

“anatomy of a knockout”
“ischemia”
“head trauma knockout”
“right posterior parietal occipital region”
“divorce”
"Real estate value for 5108 Birchleaf"
"gay bars in New York City"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online