State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-14-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand he's a defense lawyer, but I can respect the way he's going about trying to defend his client. He's been pretty respectful of witnesses that I've seen.

Absolutely agree and was not taking a shot at him. As much as I despise Jason Young and believe with zero doubt that he murdered Michelle, his attorney has pulled off the almost impossible. Compared to many defense attorneys, he does not come across as a jerk. Very well-spoken, organized and knows the details of this case and the best way to defend his client, despite the impossibility of his position (not his fault, of course). Collins is not quite on thise level, but both come across as folksy, not as if they are trying to trick anyone or pretend that they're the smartest guys in the room -- although both likely are. They are both better orators and presenters than Becky Holt or Howard Cummings. Likely the reason the first trial ended as it did (although I thought Saacks was just as effective as defense team). Bottom line, this is Becky Holt's burden to close the retrial or she should never be lead prosecutor in any future murder 1 trials.

Did he just get him to admit you can hold the door with the twig?

Yep, and not only that but a bush was in reach as well!!

Look at the stuff that is coming in on cross.

Nothing in his NTO, nothing in his SUV, nothing in his hotel room.!

Not a drop of blood/ hair/ fiber transfer, or anything else.

FACT...there was a rock propping the door.
The camera was unplugged at 11:20Pm and moved at 6:35AM

If not Jay, who did those 3 things :waitasec:

I understand....it would be better if there was no way to do it though.

I think this point just shows how ridiculous that assertion was and is. "Oh, I left without my room key so I stuck a twig in the door to hold it open. If it weren't so serious a matter, it would be laughable.

Effective Becky...good job on showing Jay picked up MY's head and torso and moved her to get in his closet.

MY's closet door was CLOSED.

Klinkosum is asking Galloway if he thinks the attack started in bed, then moved to the closet area.
Galloway says Yes.

Klinkosum now rests.

Feel like this must be shouted from the mountaintop. (I'm not fussing at you, I'm just tuning in to WRAL's coverage now.) That Jason Young had no scratches or blood emphasizes the surprise element and Young's own preparedness. It is no surprise at all that he had no scratches, just as it is no surprise that there is no blood in the vehicle. He changed clothes (missing shirt, hello), he disposed of them, very likely wrapped in multiple garbage bags. He was extremely careful. Of course there was no blood - the state should have stipulated to all of these things and maybe they did yesterday(?). There was never going to be direct evidence like blood or clothes because Jason Young took the time and planned this crime pretty meticulously.

But he also left enough of a trail that shows his guilt.

I could see this as possibly being a problem with the jury. They would have to believe that he planned things so perfectly that he was able to cover up all physical evidence linking him to the crime. But they would also have to believe that he did not plan things well enough to cover up the circumstantial evidence. So the prosecution needs to convince the jury that the physical evidence is not there because he is smart but the circumstantial evidence is there because he is not smart.

I could see this as possibly being a problem with the jury. They would have to believe that he planned things so perfectly that he was able to cover up all physical evidence linking him to the crime. But they would also have to believe that he did not plan things well enough to cover up the circumstantial evidence. So the prosecution needs to convince the jury that the physical evidence is not there because he is smart but the circumstantial evidence is there because he is not smart.

If smart you mean wearing gloves, long sleeves when planning to kill someone... then yes.

I think this point just shows how ridiculous that assertion was and is. "Oh, I left without my room key so I stuck a twig in the door to hold it open. If it weren't so serious a matter, it would be laughable.

People do it all the time, one of the commentators on TTV earlier said he stayed at a Hampton Inn, and propped his door open to go in and out to feed his pets.

I don't think he planned a drop of blood.
Lucky his closet was close by when it happened.....

The other evidence....his shoes in blood, cameras, doors propped, eye witnesses (face and vehicle) shows his planning was actually poor.

You knew Jay was not a good planner, right?

It's not about intelligence. It's about timing, physics, what is possible, what he could and could not control. He controlled what HE wore. And then those very items disappeared. He was not injured. HE had the element of surprise -- his victim had no idea she was about to be attacked. She was likely asleep. 3am. He outweighed her by a good 60 lbs and was at least 6 inches taller than her. Full of rage.

Once she was fatally injured he had enough time to strip off his clothes put them in garbage bags (garbage bags were seen left out on kitchen counter), get into his own closet, and get items he needed.

People are overthinking this and trying to imagine ways this could not have happened. Bottomline: it did happen. The killer did not leave his MBR before he stripped out of whatever bloody items he had on. To say it couldn't happen or it doesn't make sense is to deny what did happen.

I understand he's a defense lawyer, but I can respect the way he's going about trying to defend his client. He's been pretty respectful of witnesses that I've seen.

Yes, Mike Klinkosum is an excellent attorney....:)

He helped free a man who was in prison for 16 years.

Jason's other attorney.....Bryan Collins has applied to be Judge.

I don't think he planned a drop of blood.
Lucky his closet was close by when it happened.....

The other evidence....his shoes in blood, cameras, doors propped, eye witnesses (face and vehicle) shows his planning was actually poor.

You knew Jay was not a good planner, right?

Did they find blood inside the closet? I can't remember what was testified but it seems like if the killer went into the closet to get new clothes, that there would be blood somewhere. Or foot prints, etc.

Yes, Mike Klinkosum is an excellent attorney....:)

He helped free a man who was in prison for 17-18 years.

Jason's other attorney.....Bryan Collins has applied to be Judge.

No cammy, you don't "apply" to be a judge, LOL
In NC judges are elected.
I doubt seriously he wins with his resume of defending a wife/baby killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654