State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-14-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People do it all the time, one of the commentators on TTV earlier said he stayed at a Hampton Inn, and propped his door open to go in and out to feed his pets.

but I am sure they didn't mess with the cameras to feed their pets...

(just saying...)

Someone kicked a rock onto the sidewalk, collected a rock from the sidewalk and ... how can it be said that it is the same rock.

No prints from the camera. Handprint on the pipe ... took a swab ... it was analyzed ... a number was attached to it ... it was number CCBI # 39 ... recovered ridge detail from print ... they were labelled ... given number CCBI # 5-49 ... no info on who it matched at this time.

The rock ... on the sidewalk ... no other rocks on sidewalk ... lots of identical rocks, couple of feet away. Photographed rock on sidewalk before collecting it. He took safeguards to protect that rock ... but he's omitting the fact that it was several days after the murder that he collected the rock.

Exactly. I don't get this. I didn't understand it in the first trial either.

There is no "perfect" murder. But when you're talking about a crime scene which takes place in a home in which both the perp and the victim live, you have an environment that automatically favors the perp because of course his own DNA and fingerprints will be in HIS home.

And dumb luck plays a part as well. Him not being seen moving the video camera or unplugging the camera. That's just luck. But make no mistake. It was tampered with twice. And an emergency exit door was left propped open. AND JY is seen heading to that door at midnight and he admits this.

He and/or his vehicle was spotted by two separate witnesses. Four Bros. gas station and by the NYT delivery person.

Did they find blood inside the closet? I can't remember what was testified but it seems like if the killer went into the closet to get new clothes, that there would be blood somewhere. Or foot prints, etc.

Not his...he stripped his clothes, shoes and gloves before entering

Did the killer strip off his clothes and shoes before going into his closet? I believe he did. He successfully minimized the amount of blood transfer. Not all of it, because he left bloody footwear impressions in his MBR.

People are overthinking this and trying to imagine ways this could not have happened. Bottomline: it did happen. The killer did not leave his MBR before he stripped out of whatever bloody items he had on. To say it couldn't happen or it doesn't make sense is to deny what did happen.

Sure, but the last jury must have overthought this too then, since the foreman said there was "no doubt in my mind that there was reasonable doubt in this case."

I don't know whether JY did this or not, but I don't think they are going to get a conviction this time either.

Different trial, different jury, and not as rushed. More evidence being brought in. Some additional witnesses. The killer has nailed himself to a story, which did not exist in trial #1. The list of coincidences is even longer than before. Jury foreman in the last trial has no bearing on this trial. I suspect his level of common sense is not very high, but then again, I don't think the state did a very good job and I am seeing them bring out more detail this time. The jury in the first trial didn't ask to see much of anything when they went to deliberate. Overthought it? I'm not convinced they thought about it much at all.

Different trial, different jury, and not as rushed. More evidence being brought in. Some additional witnesses. The killer has nailed himself to a story, which did not exist in trial #1. The list of coincidences is even longer than before. Jury foreman in the last trial has no bearing on this trial. I suspect his level of common sense is not very high, but then again, I didn't think the state did a very good job.

The twig in the door has held up, and there was a place near the door with a trash can that held an ashtray , so that would make sense about the cigar...........It is all falling in place.

Can you imagine if the twig in the lock did not work, or if Jason could not have reached a bush...

Galloway testifed that both did.

I have been watching the cross exam and appears that one of the biggest questions was answered. The twig was close enough to reach and was capable of holding the door open. No impeachment on that subject.
The thing that bothers me the most and does not look as though I will get a answer is, Scratches on Michelle's hands were, it is theorized, that she put them there herself when struggling to get the killers hands from around her neck. Why NO Dna found under her nails and why wouldn't the ME compare her nails to the shape of the scratch marks. Why assume she caused her own scratches.

couger....jay admitted propping the door and leaving the hotel at midnight.
Is it really that important if he used a twig or a rock???

The twig would only hold the emergency exit door IF it was used in a specific spot, in a specific way.

Scratches on MY's hands? I don't recall that. Lots of swelling and bruising of her hands, yes. Scratches on her neck from her own hands, yes.

True TV is saying Jason would have to be a skilled masterminded criminal to pull this off.

The exact same people on TV said the prosecution had a slam dunk in CA case. I have learned it's best not to second guess what a jury will do. I must say though I am impressed that this jury is taking all this time to view crime scene photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!