State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-14-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with you... this is a quote from one of MY sorority sisters

"He did admit to propping the door, but I believe it was after he was aware of his partial being found on the rock as well...." I posted earlier about the partial print and how there were just not enough points on it to enter it into trial but the friends and family know there was a partial print on the camera and rock.

How do they know this? If they are claiming that 3 genetic markers from the rock match him, I would thope they at least introduce the existence of the partial print, and the chance that it matches his?

They still might introduce it at this trial, but otherwise it seems like rumors spread to influence public opinion.

Calling every tiny detail of this case and JY actions "hinky" makes it seem like actual evidence is not important. I understand why it's done but it gets old quick.

It would be nice if they could produce some semi-physical evidence implicating JY. Hard to believe that after nasty murder like this that LE cannot find anything along those lines.

My thought is that if he's guilty, it was a carefully planned, orchestrated act. Most contingencies would be accounted for, such as not getting evidence linked to him. You're correct, if it was a spur of the moment thing, there should be more there.

Calling every tiny detail of this case and JY actions "hinky" makes it seem like actual evidence is not important. I understand why it's done but it gets old quick.

It would be nice if they could produce some semi-physical evidence implicating JY. Hard to believe that after nasty murder like this that LE cannot find anything along those lines.

Patience foltster.
Yes, this witness is painful to watch, but very necessary.

Semi-physical evidence like 3 alliels of JY's DNA found on that rock that was used to prop open the HI door is not deemed credible enough. It's suggestive but not a definitive match. Watch the gyrations that take place on that subject.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that JY could have beat his wife to death, change his clothes, and wash his face. He was likely wearing gloves at least at some point. Long sleeve pullover, long pants, shoes that conveniently disappeared. Possibly a hat of some type. He wasn't beating her while wearing a short sleeve Tshirt and little running shorts.

The guy wasn't covered in blood like Sissy Spacek in the movie, "Carrie." He wasn't dripping in blood. There was no gallon of blood dropped on his head.

So is the Pros going to say that based on where the newspaper stand is positioned in the lobby, something what should be visible on camera according to JY's story doesn't jive with what actually is on tape?

Did they introduce when the Hampton camera was unplugged?

Did JY say why he chose to smoke his cigar out that door instead of the designated (if the hotel has one) smoking area? It really doesn't make sense to have to use a stick, rock or anything else just to have a smoke. Way to much effort. IMO hinky.

He said he left by that door because his car was parked on that side and he wanted to get a cigar from his car.

Patience foltster.
Yes, this witness is painful to watch, but very necessary.

I actually don't think it's that painful.

Is there some reason they can introduce partial dna evidence but not partial print evidence?

I watched most of the first trial and I don't recall any testimony about finding prints other than Elmers or "unidentified persons" near the camera.

did I catch some testimony earlier in the trial that suggested that Jason actually despised smoking?

That deflates the cigar story.

I didn't see the first trial. Did he sway the jury the first time around by taking the stand?

I actually don't think it's that painful.

Is there some reason they can introduce partial dna evidence but not partial print evidence?

I watched most of the first trial and I don't recall any testimony about finding prints other than Elmers or "unidentified persons" near the camera.

They excluded JLY's from the pipe and camera.
That doesn't mean it was not Elmer's DNA.
Betcha this time we hear Elmer's DNA was tested to explain "unidentified persons"

did I catch some testimony earlier in the trial that suggested that Jason actually despised smoking?

That deflates the cigar story.

I didn't see the first trial. Did he sway the jury the first time around by taking the stand?

He said on stand that was just "cigarette smoking", LOL

Yes, earlier by the hotel staff...11:20PM

So it gets unplugged by the door he uses to smoke a cigar or leave.

Either way, as I understand it, he changes into a dark outfit, goes outside, and his room key is never registered as having been used again, either coming back from a smoke or coming back from Raleigh.

Therefore, by chance, his re-entry to the hotel is not recorded by keycard access to the building, any camera, or his hotel door. This is true no matter what he left to do. Two of those systems to the best of the testimony were defeated by someone that night, both the camera and the room door. How unlucky is that!! :waitasec:

He said on stand that was just "cigarette smoking", LOL

I hate cigarettes but I'll smoke a cigar around a poker table with the guys or with a neat glass of bourbon.

You don't as much smoke a cigar as taste it. Not trying to get it in your lungs...

I know a lot of people who will smoke a cigar but would never touch a cigarette.

So it gets unplugged by the door he uses to smoke a cigar or leave.

Either way, as I understand it, he changes into a dark outfit, goes outside, and his room key is never registered as having been used again, either coming back from a smoke or coming back from Raleigh.

Therefore, by chance, his re-entry to the hotel is not recorded by keycard access to the building, any camera, or his hotel door. This is true no matter what he left to do. Two of those systems to the best of the testimony were defeated by someone that night, both the camera and the room door. How unlucky is that!! :waitasec:

I think the unplugged camera is the most convincing piece of evidence so far.

Yeah, I'm not sure anything about him liking or disliking smoke will be too compelling. Cigarette smoking suggests puffing away for years at a time, inside your house, where you put your whole family at risk medically.

While CIGAR smoking is just somethin' you do with tha boys, or apparently, by yourself on a "business trip" in a motel parking lot.

What strikes me about that is the extreme detail in which Jason apparently described his moves on that night in extreme detail. Reminds me of Cindy Anthony's extreme detail about the chloroform searches. Too much detail says to me you made it up.

cross. Going over photos of JY not shown by the pros. No scratches, cuts, bruises...

There wasn't a knife used in the attack, therefore, no reason for cuts to be on the perp. MY had no unknown DNA under her finernails, which means, imho, no scratches marks on the perp.

This was a complete surprise attack. Although it took a struggle to shake and squeeze the life out of the victim, she didn't stand a chance, because it appears she was struck with great force on the back of the head, indicating she was most likely already in distress from the first strike.

JMHO
fran

There wasn't a knife used in the attack, therefore, no reason for cuts to be on the perp. MY had no unknown DNA under her finernails, which means, imho, no scratches marks on the perp.

fran

I think the defense was trying to say that there was blood all over the place, blood spatters all over the walls, etc. The killer would likely have gotten at least some blood on him.

Since the autopsy report indicates that Michelle was strangled and beaten to death, the killer would have likely engaged in some sort of struggle with her.

It just seems very unlikely that Jason wouldn't have some sort of marks or blood spatters(which he would not be able to clean completely off) after such a brutal attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member