State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If these people are to be believed, they never had a moment of curiosity about the investigation, nor a moment to discuss between any of them what possibly could have happened to their friend. C'mon.

IMO, they already knew.

That is true, we have to remember Shelly Schaad had come over that nite to watch tv and have dinner with Michelle.

Jason did not try or attempt to discourage her visit.

I agree. The classic sign of an abuser is isolation and it isn't present in this case. They argued in front of others, who apparently stood by and didn't interrupt.

JMO

If these people are to be believed, they never had a moment of curiosity about the investigation, nor a moment to discuss between any of them what possibly could have happened to their friend. C'mon.

Right. And isn't it amazing, that considering the nature of their relationships with the defendant, that Sowerby and Money have such poor recollections of so many pertinent things about this 'event', albeit it took place in 2006? I can't imagine the circumstances surrounding that date aren't imprinted forever in their brains.

But they, especially Sowerby, kept coming up blank today. Good Lord, did they not prepare for their testimony today? Didn't they reflect back to refresh their memories before they walked into that court room? Well, maybe the McBroad wasn't smart enough, but Sowerby? What was up with her?

Call me crazy, but I would have prepared myself. I would be embarassed not to remember some of the things they conveniently cannot recall. And if too medicated to take the stand (not stating as fact, just a possibility IMO), testimony should have been deferred.

It's always like that though, isn't it? The old phrase, keep your friend close, keep your enemies closer, always rings true. We saw the exact same thing in the Cooper trial. Someone who was once a close friend to NC winds up sleeping with her husband. And it's usually not a one time thing, but multiple times.

I think this happens a whole lot more than you think. Only difference is not everyone winds up murdered afterward.

Unfortunately, this bed hopping happens frequently, but it just goes under the radar most of the time, and no severe crimes occur. MOO

That is true, we have to remember Shelly Schaad had come over that nite to watch tv and have dinner with Michelle.

Jason did not try or attempt to discourage her visit.

but even if he did (attempt to discourage michelle from having her friend over) we would never know because she was murdered that night and cannot testify to this...

so we just don't know what he said to her that afternoon/evening or even if they perhaps even DID have an argument about her having a friend over...:twocents:

He beat a woman over a ring. That would seem to count as abuse.

Stop confusing the situation with facts.

KIDDING :floorlaugh:

Question for those in the know: is the ring that was was given back to JY by G the same ring that he gave to Michelle?

Did the defense cross? Did they ask if JY had any bruises, cuts, scrapes after that attack? Thanks.....following along. No sound at work.

No, and I haven't heard today's yet, but, did they get to the part that she was crying and begged for her ring back, afterwards.

That is what she said from the first trial anyway.

the therapist michelle went to testified that she was verbally abused just a few days ago

The therapist never met with Jason, though.

Meredith and others testified Michelle argued loudly and often with Jason. It wasn't just all Jason.

JMO

Why was this witness almost laughing? AM I seeing this correctly? She seemed to be almost smiling.

I am correct. She keeps looking like she is fighting back a smile. It most be nerves.

No only were you seeing it correctly BUT this is the same behavior we saw from her in the first trial. I was trying to compare and noticed she even was taking those yoga-like deep breaths at the same intervals. The smirk is what gets me though. She feels she's on stage baby!!! Smile for all the viewers!!!! I think she and Jy would make a lovely couple. Maturity and emotional levels are about that of a 15 year old. It appears neither really grasp the gravity of what their little 'intimate relationship' (as per MM tho i prefer the phrase skanky affair) did. And yes, I DO believe this affair was what turned JY into a full blown murderer. He may have toyed w the idea before but this relationship gave him the (tennis) balls to really go through with it. He was living in a fantastical world of his own creation with the aid of MM. She fed right into it. You can still see that part of her as she testifies in front of him. IMO

Thank you thank you thank you. It sounds as though you are knowledgeable about abuser characteristics.

I am.

I'd disagree about the isolation points too. "Letting" MY's friend come over doesn't translate into being a magnanimous wonderful man. Expecting her to cut out her entire family at the holidays doesn't either. Her friends all seemed to be his friends too, who had some loyalty to him. If she'd branched out and formed close friendships with people who didn't know Jason, and were supportive of MY only? Who knows what his reaction would have been.

It's senseless to take the hugely complex subject of abuser mentality and try to dumb it down into a cutesy post, whereby a friend came over so abuse doesn't exist. Please.

No only were you seeing it correctly BUT this is the same behavior we saw from her in the first trial. I was trying to compare and noticed she even was taking those yoga-like deep breaths at the same intervals. The smirk is what gets me though. She feels she's on stage baby!!! Smile for all the viewers!!!! I think she and Jy would make a lovely couple. Maturity and emotional levels are about that of a 15 year old. It appears neither really grasp the gravity of what their little 'intimate relationship' (as per MM tho i prefer the phrase skanky affair) did. And yes, I DO believe this affair was what turned JY into a full blown murderer. He may have toyed w the idea before but this relationship gave him the (tennis) balls to really go through with it. He was living in a fantastical world of his own creation with the aid of MM. She fed right into it. You can still see that part of her as she testifies in front of him. IMO

I'm dying to know if she's still married to the same man.

but even if he did (attempt to discourage michelle from having her friend over) we would never know because she was murdered that night and cannot testify to this...

so we just don't know what he said to her that afternoon/evening or even if they perhaps even DID have an argument about her having a friend over...:twocents:

SS said she and Michelle had made plans a week prior to their getting together that nite.

I have never heard Jason tried to block Michelle from either friends or family.

The only thing we heard he was upset about was her Mom coming to stay all the time.

Plus, there was the incident SS testified to where they were riding to SS's wedding, and Jason wanted Michelle to ride with the girls, and she wanted to ride with him, which caused an argument.

And, then there is the fact the girls were all planning to get together for a spa weekend, plus all the football games they went to , etc.

JMO

Is hide and seek code word for <mod snip> each other? Or are they really that childish?

With all due respect, I don't think your statement is fair to the majority of 15 year olds in the world. ;)

SS said she and Michelle had made plans a week prior to their getting together that nite.

I have never heard Jason tried to block Michelle from either friends or family.

The only thing we heard he was upset about was her Mom coming to stay all the time.

Plus, there was the incident SS testified to where they were riding to SS's wedding, and Jason wanted Michelle to ride with the girls, and she wanted to ride with him, which caused an argument.

And, then there is the fact the girls were all planning to get together for a spa weekend, plus all the football games they went to , etc.

JMO

I do understand that this is a very complex subject, and not everyone will understand.

I am.

I'd disagree about the isolation points too. "Letting" MY's friend come over doesn't translate into being a magnanimous wonderful man. Expecting her to cut out her entire family at the holidays doesn't either. Her friends all seemed to be his friends too, who had some loyalty to him. If she'd branched out and formed close friendships with people who didn't know Jason, and were supportive of MY only? Who knows what his reaction would have been.

It's senseless to take the hugely complex subject of abuser mentality and try to dumb it down into a cutesy post, whereby a friend came over so abuse doesn't exist. Please.

Not one friend or employee or family member ever testified to Jason keeping Michelle away from them.
Besides, the more she was with them, it gave him more of a chance or opportunity to cheat.

Sounds like he was away a lot on "business trips".

I don't believe Young fits any bullet points to qualify as an abuser.

JMO

Elaborate please. How did you get to this conclusion? He is textbook emotional and psychological abuser. And that,<mod snip> is a teeeeny tiny step away from physical abuser. He broke MY's will and stole her joy for living by continuously disrespecting her. He tried to pry her away from frequent family contact by arguing with her about her mothers visits. Yet he was on the phone to mama all day long? The boy is a classic abuser and his mother not only created him, but she did and still does enable him. IMO

Shelly testified about what was said that evening.

JMO

IMO, they already knew.

Remember when Shelly Schaad testified as to the first thing her husband said upon hearing of Michelle's murder? "god, I hope jason didn't do it'. Then he promptly called JLY and advised him to 'get a lawyer *before* he gets back to raleigh.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member