State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After these videos are shown, can the PT, then, show clips of his video testimony where he lied & after each lie show how witness testimony/evidence refutes each one?

I just asked this same question on the legal thread (gritguy will most likely answer when he is back online... thanks gritguy)

Give a narcissist a platform and this is what happens. Here we go with the ennobled, involved, enlightened adult role.

I missed all of today and turned on WRAL to JY talking and talking and talking and talking. He talks way to much how could the last PT let this go on? It is a walking JY advertisement for what a AWESOME guy he thinks he is. Ok got that off my chest.

What is the purpose of this - why is current PT letting this be entered into this trial. TIA

I was thinking the same thing. Now, Def. can not take the stand and his team say he testified in the video, thus saving him from further cross exam. I guess they will present his testimony on tape so they can argue some points in closing...,but still. I would be scared the risk was too great. While many here can't stand to watch him, in the first trial, he chalked points from his testimony if my memory is correct.

Yes during the first trial I think the prosecution failed to derail the impact his testimony had on the jury, but this is a different trial and the prosecution can use his testimony to show his lies.
When a defendant is willing to take the stand in their own defense I think it has an impact on the jury. You are not suppose to take a person's silence into factoring their guilt nor should you take their willingness to defend themselves as a sign of innocence but we are all human and I think it has an impact.

After watching and listening to this guy during the first trial and watching the replay, I have a hard time understanding if he can stand in front of a mirror and look himself in the eyes and feel good about what he sees.

I believe it's the case that sociopaths do not have the capacity for empathy; Jason Young very likely feels zero remorse at all and views all of this as a mere inconvenience.

I just asked this same question on the legal thread (gritguy will most likely answer when he is back online... thanks gritguy)

I answered above, but to clarify your question for gritguy, since he's not here yet, they are not REQUIRED to play the entire thing all the way through. They could have used clips to begin with. The only caveat is, they can't be misleading. So, they can't play half the answer to make him look bad, but the other half the answer clears up the question, and that's edited out.

Give a narcissist a platform and this is what happens. Here we go with the ennobled, involved, enlightened adult role.

I had to take my ear buds out and turn off the video. I can't stomach hearing his voice let alone look at him.

nothing has a simple answer with this guy...everything is a huge run on sentence and TMI imhoo

Yes during the first trial I think the prosecution failed to derail the impact his testimony had on the jury, but this is a different trial and the prosecution can use his testimony to show his lies.
When a defendant is willing to take the stand in their own defense I think it has an impact on the jury. You are not suppose to take a person's silence into factoring their guilt nor should you take their willingness to defend themselves as a sign of innocence but we are all human and I think it has an impact.

What lies?

OMG !!! You are so right, add entitled as well !

The sad thing and the give away for me is that he is talking like he is telling a rehearsed story. Not talking about his dead wife who he loved and was the mother of his child. He has no emotion in his voice of sadness, etc. You would never know listening to him that his wife had been murdered. jmo

Did a time come when you discovered she was pregnant?? Was that the pregnancy where you told her to 'get an abortion or I'll resent you and that baby for the rest of my life.' :waitasec:

bbm
Ahhhhh, finally a true statement from this :liar: !!

icon10.gif

Hearing his testimony erases any doubt from my mind that Michelle was entangled in an emotionally abusive relationship.

Poor Michelle - she deserved so much more than him.

I think this is a bad decision by the PT to show this video. It lets him testify but not be subjected to any further questions. I think there's no doubt his testimony overall helped him, due in VERY LARGE part to BH's horrible cross... His words will potentially plant doubt in at least one juror's mind, and then the PT will rest and the DT can further solidify doubt. Not good.

I could not agree more.

Many people have thought his testifying saved him in the first trial.

I think this is a very bad move for the Pros.

jmo

All the testimony has been JLY 'heard noises' at night, not michelle. Yet another lie.

Jason telling how Michelle heard noises while he was away on a trip, and he told her to
call 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member