State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very positive, indeed!

Having said that, you never know what a jury will do.
Based on my scan of the faces and body language, they seem to be a good cross section of "ordinary folks".
Soooo, such a mix should favor the state (no obvious prison brides or idiots that could not connect the dots).

There has been a lot of evidence that seems peripheral to the actual case. We know that Jason was unfaithful, that he lies, that he provoked arguments, that he didn't fight for custody, that his mother has lots of money, that he was labelled a slayer without a trial ... and on and on ... but the jury may decide to push all of that aside and look at whether there is evidence that he drove from the hotel to Raleigh and back in the middle of the night. I believe there is still a weakness in connecting those dots.

JTF,

Great he lied. Why did he lie, what purpose did the lie serve, and how did that lie help his claims of innocence?

People, even sociopaths like JY, lie for a variety of self-serving reasons. In this case what was JY's reason to lie about this issue??? What does he gain by lying??

Why did he lie?
Hmmm.
Guess he needed an excuse to be outside in different clothing at midnight?

No clue...Howard said they need time.
It has to be a new witness.

Or wrap-up by Spivey?

bbm

That's what I was thinking, JTF. They said they wanted to be able to show evidence to the jury. Maybe a show by HC and a tell by Spivey?

Pictures, pictures, pictures. Plant those images on their minds...

bbm

That's what I was thinking, JTF. They said they wanted to be able to show evidence to the jury. Maybe a show by HC and a tell by Spivey?

Pictures, pictures, pictures. Plant those images on their minds...

Those pesky, missing HP shoes compared in real life to these?

Capture-42.jpg

There has been a lot of evidence that seems peripheral to the actual case. We know that Jason was unfaithful, that he lies, that he provoked arguments, that he didn't fight for custody, that his mother has lots of money, that he was labelled a slayer without a trial ... and on and on ... but the jury may decide to push all of that aside and look at whether there is evidence that he drove from the hotel to Raleigh and back in the middle of the night. I believe there is still a weakness in connecting those dots.

:goodpost:

Those are the dots that mean something and those are the dots that are missing.....

The defense should use their own chart or timeline and try to show all the things Jason would have to do
in that time period.

And, the defense also has another card......their gas mileage chart.

I guess that's it ... that they want to overlook the obvious. I don't see how his mom could know her son, hear the evidence and not have some serious questions about his innocence.

Two words:

She knows.

Hey, remember in the Pros closing last time, they were trying to say Jason must have had superhero powers to be able to stretch and reach a bush?

I wonder what they thought when Agent Galloway said a bush was right in the reach
of the door !!

:biggrin:

It would depend on what type of cigar too.
There are a million things he could have said he was going outside for.
Why would he choose a cigar?

The newspaper he asked for = True
The twig he said he used= True
The bush in reachable distance= True

The gloves in the video=Not true.

Ok I do not think we can say newspaper is even true. Yesterday, Spivey showed the pic of JY coming off lobby elevator with stuff in his hands. He then showed pics seconds later of JY walking away from counter with (from all appearances) the same stuff in hands. I think the point of that testimony yesterday is evidence he did not ask for USA Today, also HI guy did not remember JY asking for USA Today.
As for twig how can you possibly say true for the twig he used??? I remember no specific twig in evidence. Ok there were twigs in reach but that proves nothing.
I never remember any evidence of glove video IMO they were in his glove compartment.

:goodpost:

Those are the dots that mean something and those are the dots that are missing.....

The defense should use their own chart or timeline and try to show all the things Jason would have to do
in that time period.

And, the defense also has another card......their gas mileage chart.

I suspect that the gas attendant's testimony will not be given much weight, so there's still the problem of gas. There's also absence of injury on Jason and absence of evidence that he was at the crime scene. I suppose the question is whether that can be overcome with all the peripheral testimony of things like shoe prints matching a particular shoe but not to shoes in evidence.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that jason deleted that phone call before michelle heard it. Giving him a reason to fight, berate, yell at michelle yet again.

I may be wrong, but I thought JLY stated in his testimony that he"overheard or heard" the message" or something like that when it was left and that is why he confronted Michelle about her lying.
I may (and probably am) wrong with that since I only 1/2 listen to much of this - but I think that is what he said.

Ok I do not think we can say newspaper is even true. Yesterday, Spivey showed the pic of JY coming off lobby elevator with stuff in his hands. He then showed pics seconds later of JY walking away from counter with (from all appearances) the same stuff in hands. I think the point of that testimony yesterday is evidence he did not ask for USA Today, also HI guy did not remember JY asking for USA Today.
As for twig how can you possibly say true for the twig he used??? I remember no specific twig in evidence. Ok there were twigs in reach but that proves nothing.
I never remember any evidence of glove video IMO they were in his glove compartment.

Can you imagine if a bush or twig was not in reach?

:eek:

Watched some of the highlights of today's witnesses testimony on HLN with Mike Brooks. I was shocked to hear that today was a total wash. I expected the prosecution to save the best for last but wow....I'm so disappointed. However, I was a little relieved to hear that I'm not alone in thinking this prosecution is a mess and putting this jury to sleep. They have not laid out their case in a chronological manner for this jury. They're all over the place. Their witness presentation make no sense.

Fiona's testimony was a wash. She was chewing gum on the stand. :what: A total bore.

Spivey = getting the prosecution witness to reply yes or no by the defense's cross is always a victory for the defense. No added explanation to their yes or no answers

The cigar testimony was a joke.

Very disappointing. If JY did murder Michelle, it will be a great injustice for her and her family. Sadly, this prosecution team is just not hitting the ball out of the ball park. They've had so many strikes that I wonder if the defense even has to put up a case at this point.

I predict another mistrial.

I suspect that the gas attendant's testimony will not be given much weight, so there's still the problem of gas. There's also absence of injury on Jason and absence of evidence that he was at the crime scene. I suppose the question is whether that can be overcome with all the peripheral testimony of things like shoe prints matching a particular shoe but not to shoes in evidence.

I think the defense argument on gas showed that Jason would have ran out of gas at 18.8 miles before the King exit,
and would have been sitting on the side of the road....

I wil wait for them to explain it better than I can, but think of all the variables that could have happened in the *510 mile drive.

flat tire, overheated engine, speeding ticket, accident causing hghwy pileup, lane/road closings for repair, hitting another car, etc.

He had to be a nervous wreck driving back to Hillsville..

*170 x3=510

If true (bet he tried one), that was 2/2000....6 years before the murder.

Nice try Jay.

bbm

Why didn't he just something a bit more believable -- like he stepped out because he was getting crappy reception on his phone or that his phone was about to die so he stepped o/s because he thought he would get a better connection so he could call his lovely wife whom he loved so much so that he could call her and tell her how much he loved her and that he already missed her loving face and every loving thing about her.

Watched some of the highlights of today's witnesses testimony on HLN with Mike Brooks. I was shocked to hear that today was a total wash. I expected the prosecution to save the best for last but wow....I'm so disappointed. However, I was a little relieved to hear that I'm not alone in thinking this prosecution is a mess and putting this jury to sleep. They have not laid out their case in a chronological manner for this jury. They're all over the place. Their witness presentation make no sense.

Fiona's testimony was a wash. She was chewing gum on the stand. :what: A total bore.

Spivey = getting the prosecution witness to reply yes or no by the defense's cross is always a victory for the defense. No added explanation to their yes or no answers

Very disappointing. If JY did murder Michelle, it will be a great injustice for her and her family. Sadly, this prosecution team is just not hitting the ball out of the ball park. They've had so many strikes that I wonder if the defense even has to put up a case at this point.

:goodpost: is not even good enough for this.

WOW.........

WOW Have you read today's posts or watched the testimony? Just wondering if you based your opinion on what HLN said/showed.

I think the defense argument on gas showed that Jason would have ran out of gas at 18.8 miles before the King exit,
and would have been sitting on the side of the road....

I wil wait for them to explain it better than I can, but think of all the variables that could have happened in the *510 mile drive.

flat tire, overheated engine, speeding ticket, lane violation, accident causing hghwy pileup, road closings for repair, hitting another car, etc.

*170 x3=510

Cammy,

Actually the correct mileage is 170 x 2 + 120 = 460 miles NOT 510 (that's the mileage to KING, NC to match witness statement)

460 Miles @ 19 EPA EST MPG HWY = 24.2 gallons of gas needed. JY's SUV held 22.5 gallons

EPA Link: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20416.shtml

Since ya'll are so interested in cigars, (I don't think it's really an issue in this trial though), they, in my experience, are something men do as a "big deal ceremonial" type thing. It's planned in advance, they prepare in a ritualistic way by cutting, rolling it around, licking it, and then lighting it up. This is normally paired with a beverage (as Jason actually said, except WATER?, IDK). Then they puff away...for a L-O-N-G time, like an hour.

It's just not something you go and do as a "quickie" thing, like a cigarette, in a doorway, in the wind, in the cold. No, the circumstances do not meet the cigar-smoking environment criteria, IMO.

But I think he may have smoked a cigar at some point in that decade. If the "guys" did it, he would join in.

ETA: and now after describing that, I have to go barf.

Makes me want a cigar.

I agree. Lot of holes in the trip theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste