State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched Fiona's testimony. What was the purpose of that? What point was made? I got from it that Jason and Michelle wanted insurance, Michelle was more interested in it than Jason, Michelle went for a very high amount. It didn't raise any red flags.

Shadow, instead of spinning web pages that are irrelevant to this trial, how about the actual facts. Based on gas usage in Jay's own Explorer, in flat terrain, the MPG is 20.3.

Have no idea what other figures you posted, but they are not based on fact.

:seeya:Just a suggestion, but can we go a little easier when responding to other posts. I for one am trying my hardest to catch up with this trial despite having my kids on winter break this week. No disrespect intended as I value everyone's opinion.

After reading last nights posts and this morning, I was left wondering how many more blows would there have been if CY had not interrupted her mom's "spanking?" I am convinced there would have been more than 30!

Same here, rockin10. She must have said something to him to make him mad enuff to slam her sweet face to the "horrific" stage (according to Galloway, IIRC, a seasoned investigator who has probably seen some horrible, horrible things in his many years as a detective.)

He knocked her teeth out
of her skull and onto the floor.

Either she said something, or he just got himself worked-up to a pure white rage before he even entered the house.

Survivor Cargol gave us the picture of this rage -- luckily, she was able to nearly strangle him to slow him down.

And he WILL do this again if he is set free. He will.

:seeya:Just a suggestion, but can we go a little easier when responding to other posts. I for one am trying my hardest to catch up with this trial despite having my kids on winter break this week. No disrespect intended as I value everyone's opinion.
mod note:

I am quoting this for the emphasis...

Please discuss the case with respect and without bashing other posters and do not tell others how to post.

(great post jamiect, thank you)

I just watched Fiona's testimony. What was the purpose of that? What point was made? I got from it that Jason and Michelle wanted insurance, Michelle was more interested in it than Jason, Michelle went for a very high amount. It didn't raise any red flags.

Otto - For the life of me, I would swear we watch different testimony every day at some point in time or another. This must be one of them. If there is anything at all I can be certain of on a daily basis, it is that at least one post from you will show up and it will make me laugh wondering how on earth you and I have such a total opposite take on what we both heard. :floorlaugh:

Where in Fiona's testimony did you gather that Michelle was more interested in the life insurance than Jason was and how you came to the conclusion that Michelle went for a very high amount is a mystery to me.

Fiona testified, and said repeated times, that Michelle thought the $1MM amount that Jason was wanting to get was excessive, in her opinion, and she wanted to know what Fiona thought. At least, I am sure that is what I heard her testimony to be (and the more I recall her testimony I do believe she said MY brought this up to her several times over a year period of time).

It was also later a total shock to her to learn from LE that the amount for the base insurance was now at $2MM.

IMO

No problem....I was a bit snarky.
I try my best to correct posts that misrepresent facts of this case.
Misleading posts will mislead new posters, like yourself.;)

Otto - For the life of me, I would swear we watch different testimony every day at some point in time or another. This must be one of them. If there is anything at all I can be certain of on a daily basis, it is that at least one post from you will show up and it will make me laugh wondering how on earth you and I have such a total opposite take on what we both heard. :floorlaugh:

Where in Fiona's testimony did you gather that Michelle was more interested in the life insurance than Jason was and how you came to the conclusion that Michelle went for a very high amount is a mystery to me.

Fiona testified, and said repeated times, that Michelle thought the $1MM amount that Jason was wanting to get was excessive, in her opinion, and she wanted to know what Fiona thought. At least, I am sure that is what I heard her testimony to be (and the more I recall her testimony I do believe she said MY brought this up to her several times over a year period of time).

It was also later a total shock to her to learn from LE that the amount for the base insurance was now at $2MM.

IMO

Michelle seemed more interested in insurance because it was presented that she repeatedly wanted to discuss it. Fiona thought a million was excessive, but then Michelle found a good deal through her professional association and opted for more than a million. When asked what she thought about the amount, Fiona said something like "good" and it didn't raise any red flags.

No problem....I was a bit snarky.
I try my best to correct posts that misrepresent facts of this case.
Misleading posts will mislead new posters, like yourself.;)

Thanks, I value your opinions as much as others, but I do not want to see this thread closed.:blowkiss:

Michelle seemed more interested in insurance because it was presented that she repeatedly wanted to discuss it. Fiona thought a million was excessive, but then Michelle found a good deal through her professional association and opted for more than a million. When asked what she thought about the amount, Fiona said something like "good" and it didn't raise any red flags.

otto, you may want to move to the insurance rep.
That testimony is very revealing. Jason took it upon himself to increase the life coverage to $4,000,000-----2 months before his wife was murdered.:what:

I heard Fiona to say that MY repeatedly brought it up because she was concerned that the amount was excessive. I thought Fiona said she did not give her an opinion but instead gave her examples of what her coverage was, etc. She did say when they spoke about the cost, MY told her she got a good rate due to her CPA membership association being where she was obtaining the insurance.

I also heard the testimony to later be that it was JY that increased the coverage, not that MY is who increased it to $2MM.

Did I hear that incorrectly? Was it MY that increased the coverage?

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anything about Transylvania County, other than the name itself reminds me of horror movies, Dracula, etc. I'm definitely not a horror movie watcher. I hate scary movies, horror flicks, but isn't that where Dracula is from, Transylvania?? Not Transylvania Co., but the European Country? My husband and kids watched a lot of scary movies. Everytime I hear about Transylvania Co., I think about scary stuff. :seeya:

Gracielee,
I thought the same thing when I first heard of it.

In 1861, Transylvania separated from Henderson and Jackson Counties and became an official county by an act of the North Carolina Legislature. Joseph P. Jordan provided the name, and he chose it because it is derived from the Latin word "trans" for "across" and "sylvan" for "woods."

It was an apt name to choose because of the forests that made up most of the county. The first forestry school was started here by George Vanderbilt, the original owner of the Biltmore Estate.

History lesson over. :)

Gracielee,
I thought the same thing when I first heard of it.

In 1861, Transylvania separated from Henderson and Jackson Counties and became an official county by an act of the North Carolina Legislature. Joseph P. Jordan provided the name, and he chose it because it is derived from the Latin word "trans" for "across" and "sylvan" for "woods."

It was an apt name to choose because of the forests that made up most of the county. The first forestry school was started here by George Vanderbilt, the original owner of the Biltmore Estate.

History lesson over. :)

Thank you! Somehow JLY & Transylvania always seemed a bit *creepy*, ya know? I never knew Translyvania translated to 'across the woods'. Hardly seems scary at all, 'eh? Unless of course Dracula lives in the woods. :floorlaugh:

Do you know what county Asheville is in? Just curious. And thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Did not know about Vanderbilt and the forestry school either. :seeya:

I just went back and reviewed the beginning of her testimony. The state or defense always ask the witness,"can you tell us if your employed" or "can you tell the jury where you are employed". No, this question was not ask and so the jurors are left with the impression, she is still practicing law. I would like to know why she is a cosmetologist.. Did she loose her law license? Quite a drop in status for someone who likes to be, "fashionably late".

Have you heard anything about Ryan Schaad, what he thinks?

No, but I will ask and find out. I'm curious about that myself.

He does have 2 supporters up here. When I described them before, JTF knew who I was talking about. One of them is a Chapman. JTF will have to help me out on this one.

Interesting note: My coworker said that JY had a lot more than the 2 affairs during his marriage that we have heard about during trial. According to him, most were one night stands when he was out of town.

The camera was unplugged at 11:20pm covering that emergency exit. It wasn't reported unplugged until the next morning at around 5am. It was fixed at 5:50am, same time the rock in the door was found and kicked aside.

He was SEEN on another video camera walking towards that exit. He was wearing different clothes. He had to account for his actions at midnight because HE WAS ON VIDEO walking toward the exit.

Why move the camera coming back in at 6:35am? Because he's not supposed to be anywhere but in his room. The camera was repositioned by the time he got back and had he not moved it, that camera would have showed him walking up the stairs. He was behind the camera upon entering the stairway and pushed it up. That camera was moved...no one is saying it wasn't. Now who didn't want to be seen AGAIN using that very staircase coming in at 6:35am?

22.5 gallons of gas and his vehicle got an average of 20.5 mpg highway. That's 462 mi range.

Raleigh to Hillsville 170 mi
Hillsville to Raleigh 170 mi
Raleigh to King, NC 120 mi

That's 460 miles.

He didn't get to his final destination in VA without 1 more stop for gas somewhere (paying cash).

How did JY HP shoes prints in size 12 Orbital get in the victim's blood at all? JY SAID those shoes were given to Goodwill. Think JY might lie about that? He owned 1 pair of 195 pairs made in the world in size 12 orbitals in color brown. Those shoes were on his feet when he was at the Cracker Barrel. There is video of his feet showing the shoes and the rounded toe on that model shoe. He did and does lie. Busted.

Madeleine,

Excellent post. Maybe this is where I'm confused. The camera un-plugged @ 11:20PM covered the exit doors. The camera tilted @ 6:35 AM was a different camera?? I thought it was the same camera that had been un-plugged earlier??

I just went back and reviewed the beginning of her testimony. The state or defense always ask the witness,"can you tell us if your employed" or "can you tell the jury where you are employed". No, this question was not ask and so the jurors are left with the impression, she is still practicing law. I would like to know why she is a cosmetologist.. Did she loose her law license? Quite a drop in status for someone who likes to be, "fashionably late".

Do they ask that of every single witness or just the expert/professional witnesses and LE? I'm trying to remember if it was asked of every witness today and I can't remember them asking that of Josh. I could have just missed it.

Madeleine,

Excellent post. Maybe this is where I'm confused. The camera un-plugged @ 11:20PM covered the exit doors. The camera tilted @ 6:35 AM was a different camera?? I thought it was the same camera that had been un-plugged earlier??

Not M74, but I think the camera unplugged covered the interior stairwell area associated with the emergency exit, and that you are correct that was the same camera that was pushed upward in the morning (having been plugged back in before that by maintenance crew).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste