State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 2005 my dad died as we were on our way back to the house from the funeral home .... My cell rang & I can not tell you to this day who actually called me & said you need to get here quick.... All I can remember was that it was a female... My dad died as I was pulling into the driveway... When I went into the house I can not tell you who was around or in the room.... All I remember is calling my husband at work and saying he's gone...

Sometimes we forget things that others would think were important & sometimes we are in shock that we forget.... After all we are all human....

I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been very difficult for you. I lost my step-dad two years ago, and you do go into an altered state.

I didn't see much of the testimony, so I will not comment on who remembers what when. I missed a lot this morning--there's this thing, I think they call it real life... I dunno, but whatever it is, it's putting a major crimp in my trial watching today...

What mother would think that their son could murder his wife?? Unless, of course, the mother knew her son could have and would have.

Unless you are trying to say that Pat was involved, I don't see what the significance of that is. They didn't even have all of the information at that point.

Not to mention if my son's wife were found murdered, I would recognize that my son would at least be considered as a suspect. Good reason to be nervous imo.

Sorry for your loss, Steeler gal....:(

One other thing we have to remember here, this is a 5+ year old case, it didn't happen just a few months ago.

And, I don't know anyone who looks foward to getting up on the witness stand....

Thanks Cammy....

Thats one of my points... Yrs have passed and people forget things....

Thanks, Cammy. Why do I find that so shocking? Wasn't that extremely difficult for them given her condition?

Btw Cammy, I just wanted to say that although it appears you and I definitely have opposing views on what the verdict should be, I have admired and respected the diplomatic delivery of your posts.

Thank you !!

I appreciate that very much.

:)

Unless you are trying to say that Pat was involved, I don't see what the significance of that is. They didn't even have all of the information at that point.

Not to mention if my son's wife were found murdered, I would recognize that my son would at least be considered as a suspect. Good reason to be nervous imo.

PY may have been nervous about something, but I doubt it was because she thought jy might be considered a suspect in MY's murder, because at that point, py thought she died from natural causes. According to her.

You do not have to have an attorney or be one to write up such documents like this quit claim deed, or wills etc.

Especially now, when on the internet you can do almost anything.

You can get a divorce, and I think you can even get married.

:floorlaugh:

WOW!!!! To call a witness a liar while under oath is a very strong accusation. Not even a IMO, stated as a fact. They did NOT eat while at AppleBee's.

These are just my thoughts you know. He seemed to me like he was holding back a good bit of information and that is not being truthful. I can say what ever I think and if they did not eat good. I mis understood. That is what these blogs are about right.

Using a quitclaim deed is not practice of law without a license.

Is there something in the GS or case law that makes a quitclaim exempt from the statute I cited? The statute says deed. It does not say warranty deed. Educate me.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been very difficult for you. I lost my step-dad two years ago, and you do go into an altered state.

I didn't see much of the testimony, so I will not comment on who remembers what when. I missed a lot this morning--there's this thing, I think they call it real life... I dunno, but whatever it is, it's putting a major crimp in my trial watching today...

Thanks NCB...Sorry for your loss also.... Yes it was and ITA on how we go into an altered state when we lose someone...

Yea I really need to get up & do a few things myself....

Well, this is the last week of the case, and closing arguments, and by this time next week
I will be biting my fingernails and checking to see if Nursebeeme is on duty.

Hang in there for one more week, and then we can all get back to our lives or different cases.

I am very much interested in the Michelle Parker case next, I want so much for them to find her.

:(

Is there something in the GS or case law that makes a quitclaim exempt from the statute I cited? The statute says deed. It does not say warranty deed. Educate me.

Case law is extensive on this point. And if you notice the statute you quoted, it says preparation for "another person." The completion of a blank form, such as a quitclaim deed has been held to be a clerical function requiring ordinary intelligence, not the practice of law. Further, preparation of a deed only involves practice of law if you are ADVISING another party of the purposes of the deed, what it entails, the negatives and positives of using a quitclaim AND make a recommendation based on those matters of law.

I've never heard anyone in the legal profession make the argument that execution of your own quitclaim deed is unlawful practice of law. You can do just about anything on your own behalf. Sign contracts, write contracts, execute deeds, wills, trusts, represent yourself, negotiate on your own behalf. It's when you do these things as a representative of another person, and hold yourself out to be knowledgeable legally, that it becomes unlawful practice of law.

ETA: A quitclaim deed just means you're signing a contract that says, "whatever I own in this property, is now yours." It's not effective for anything beyond that.

What's the statute of limitations on practicing law without a license? If it hasn't passed, when the PT loses this one, they can charge Jason with that for the quitclaim deed.
§84-2.1. “Practice of law” defined.
The phrase “practice law” as used in this Chapter is defined to be performing any legal service for any other person, firm or corporation, with or without compensation, specifically including the preparation or aiding in the preparation of deeds, mortgages, wills, trust instruments, inventories, accounts.....

OMJ, You can have anyone fill out legal papers to file if they know how.. Most can be printed right off your computer. Filling out papers to file at the court house is done all the time.. It is like having someone prepare your taxes or filing for SS.

Well, this is the last week of the case, and closing arguments, and by this time next week
I will be biting my fingernails and checking to see if Nursebeeme is on duty.

Hang in there for one more week, and then we can all get back to our lives or different cases.

I am very much interested in the Michelle Parker case next, I want so much for them to find her.

:(

I don't know anything about that case. I'll have to look that one up.

Well, what we learned this morning:

1) State Trooper Hicks testified it was an accident.
2)Jennifer Sproles called to say Jason was "normally nervous"
3) Keith Patterson called to show dropped calls
4)Gerald McIntyre called to state events of the day of learning of MY's murder
5)Joe McCracken called to mostly describe trip back and the fact they did
not eat at Applebee's.

I would think Heather and Pat wil be up soon.
I have no idea what else the defense has for the next 3 days,
Anyone?

Case law is extensive on this point. And if you notice the statute you quoted, it says preparation for "another person." The completion of a blank form, such as a quitclaim deed has been held to be a clerical function requiring ordinary intelligence, not the practice of law. Further, preparation of a deed only involves practice of law if you are ADVISING another party of the purposes of the deed, what it entails, the negatives and positives of using a quitclaim AND make a recommendation based on those matters of law.

I've never heard anyone in the legal profession make the argument that execution of your own quitclaim deed is unlawful practice of law. You can do just about anything on your own behalf. Sign contracts, write contracts, execute deeds, wills, trusts, represent yourself, negotiate on your own behalf. It's when you do these things as a representative of another person, and hold yourself out to be knowledgeable legally, that it becomes unlawful practice of law.

ETA: A quitclaim deed just means you're signing a contract that says, "whatever I own in this property, is now yours." It's not effective for anything beyond that.

I seem to recall the witness, McCracken, testify that Jason Young prepared the q/c deed for him. Jason prepared the deed, for McCracken. Are you saying McCracken does not qualify as "another person"?

And I completely agree with your assertion that you can do your own legal work. No question about that.

So tell me how Jason avoids McCracken being deemed "another person".

To the other poster, just because you can download something from the internet doesn't mean..... anything.

OMJ, You can have anyone fill out legal papers to file if they know how.. Most can be printed right off your computer. Filling out papers to file at the court house is done all the time.. It is like having someone prepare your taxes or filing for SS.

Yep!! When I divorced my ex I filled out the papers myself... Paid 185 and got a court date..Really easy...

These are just my thoughts you know. He seemed to me like he was holding back a good bit of information and that is not being truthful. I can say what ever I think and if they did not eat good. I mis understood. That is what these blogs are about right.

I think TOS has all the info about posting opinions as facts. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member