State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to the uniform - I believe it is appropriate to wear it when it is relevant to the event you are attending. I think it's inappropriate here as this is outside his expertise and training as a military member and in fact, they are specifically asking about duties he performed in his role of a police investigator.

Using the military uniform for the respect that comes along with it is as ugly as disrespecting it, IMO.

If I were him, I would have declined to wear it to court.

Per the troopers testimony, it was UNMARKED, which puts speed limit at 55 MPH.. I think the jury will take the troopers testimony as truth. He has NO reason to lie..

But I saw a picture of that scene with tape in place..and a yellow/orange sign was quite visible on the side of the road in that picture..Unfortunately I dont know how to post pictures here..but Im sure it is in avidence since I saw it..

I do not see the relevance of dropped calls, other than by having all the dropped calls, Jason Young was still doggedly trying to make them. As if he had a very, very desperate need to speak with someone. Like leaving a 2-year-old alone in a cold house with her mother's brutally battered body. Or, maybe he just really, really, really, really, really liked talking with his mom.

With regard to the uniform - I believe it is appropriate to wear it when it is relevant to the event you are attending. I think it's inappropriate here as this is outside his expertise and training as a military member and in fact, they are specifically asking about duties he performed in his role of a police investigator.

Using the military uniform for the respect that comes along with it is as ugly as disrespecting it, IMO.

If I were him, I would have declined to wear it to court.

As I stated, most military will wear them in lieu of a suit, just like they will wear them to weddings, etc. He's earned his rank and his badges, he has a right to wear it. He may have worn it without prompting by the defense team at all. If the PT suspected he was asked to wear it, they should have asked that. It also goes to his credibility as a witness.

I doubt very much he intended to make an error..and he also testified he did not know this area at all and had to get a map out in order to find it..BUT the point is the whole investigation was mere formality..and didnt get too involved with any criminal intent on Jason's part..especially since Michelle cooberated Jason's acount of things..Point is that we know jason knew that road very well and likely knew full well that it was a 25 MPH zone and the fact that there was hx of many car accidents there. Travelling at 40 MPH is technically speeding for such a winding road.

What picture are you referring to? I think the trooper would know the speed limit and I do not believe for a minute the trooper made a error. That error would cost JY a traffic ticket. MOO

So what... there were dropped calls so poor little JY couldn't call his appointment to let them know he was running late. That still doesn't explain why JY didn't drive the entire way to the vicinity of the hospital and stay there to not be late to his very first appointment with the hospital, instead of choosing to drive just half-way there.

I was a Sales Manager and I would have fired a Sales Rep that would be late to their very first appointment... inexcusable... MOO.

I am a girl and I don't call my mom 28 times a week let alone a morning. not even the day hospice nurse said it was a matter of hours that we had to say goodbye :( Just saying.

The calls did not all go through.

Gerald describing the day of Nov 3rd.
PY was at the nursing home.
LF called PY to tell them MY was dead,
PY was home by then.
They were both devastated....
They watched out of the window for Jason to arrive.
He had a big smile, and glad to see them.
He asked them what was wrong.
They told him, he was crying, broke to pieces.
He looked awful.
Cried the entire time.
Heather and Joe came over.
Talking about leaving to go back to Raleigh.
Defense is through.

Something really funny must have happened, people are laughing.
I missed it, the audio at WRAL is awful.
:maddening:

Using the military uniform for the respect that comes along with it is as ugly as disrespecting it, IMO.If I were him, I would have declined to wear it to court.

This solider has earned the right to wear his uniform proudly to any event including a state court. From the look of the medals on his chest, he has well earned that right.

Paraphrasing: HC said sometimes he doesn't speak real loud and stepdad said that sometimes he doesn't hear so well, so they balanced out. It was funny.

What picture are you referring to? I think the trooper would know the speed limit and I do not believe for a minute the trooper made a error. That error would cost JY a traffic ticket. MOO

I think he said it wasn't posted so it was 55. I've definitely driven below the speed limit in some unmarked areas for fear of getting a traffic ticket.

So during that hour and a half of crying, did Jason think to ask about Cassidy?

Does anyone have a link to any other LIVE feed?
Please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member