State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I missed this someone please correct me, but I don't believe I heard JY's sister or mother ever referring to MY as being murdered, definitely not brutally murdered. That really stands out to me. It's just like, "Oh well, she died" - no shock or horror of the truth that happened to her. There was no mention that their brother or son could have been killed had he been at home or how blessed they were that CY was safe. No mention that JY demanded that he find out who did this or who came that close to his daughter while killing his wife. To me this family screams cover up.

Knowing how maPat treated the Fisher family, knowing how she sent back cards and presents for CY, unopened. WHY? WHO DOES THAT? Sorry, that woman gets absolutely no sympathy from me. I guess it wasn't bad enough that she treated "Jason's wife" the way she did when she was alive, but her behavior after the murder to innocent family members of a murdered daughter in law has got to make one wonder why?

Yisssss sir.

Those hills be keepin' some family secrets.

I listened to some testimony today, namely JY's sister, brother in law, father in law and some of PY through the miracle of the iphone.

Rebuttal character evidence. No issue there.

Except this. I think the PT missed a chance to demonstrate (if my idea is correct) that JY was a liar and the rebuttal character evidence of little value.

Listening to the testimony, I was thinking I would have asked the brother/sister if they thought JY was usually honest with them (yes) and did they know of a dark side (no) so their opinions of him were based in part on those two things. Then ask he they knew about MM, the anniversary, what's her name on the living room floor just before the murder, the email to the third woman, the d*ick tricks, the telling MY in an email he "could kill her." Hopefully, they'd say no to knowing about each of those things, and then end the c-x. The idea would be either JY kept a side of himself from his family, or if they did know about all that they have a funny definition of imp.

As it is, the c-x seemed mostly to be notes on the direct, which is fine, but for example the c-x about the yearbook awards went on and on and I thought just made them sound that much more important. They did happen after all. BH did lay a lick in on noting the day of the 6G checks was the same day of suit (didn't notice though if she said the day the suit was served); however, not much action overall.

all imo.

Anyway, I'd have preferred to see a strategy to the c-x'es, from the G side. These weren't surprise witnesses after all.

Excellent points GG, I also missed the opportunity. You never know what will connect with the jury, some of them may not be concerned with such testimony but some may, exposing that information could certainly be beneficial and they did miss an opening.

If I missed this someone please correct me, but I don't believe I heard JY's sister or mother ever referring to MY as being murdered, definitely not brutally murdered. That really stands out to me. It's just like, "Oh well, she died" - no shock or horror of the truth that happened to her. There was no mention that their brother or son could have been killed had he been at home or how blessed they were that CY was safe. No mention that JY demanded that he find out who did this or who came that close to his daughter while killing his wife. To me this family screams cover up.

Great post. They knew. IMO or at the very least suspected. JMO

Knowing how maPat treated the Fisher family, knowing how she sent back cards and presents for CY, unopened. WHY? WHO DOES THAT? Sorry, that woman gets absolutely no sympathy from me. I guess it wasn't bad enough that she treated "Jason's wife" the way she did when she was alive, but her behavior after the murder to innocent family members of a murdered daughter in law has got to make one wonder why?

Yisssss sir.

Those hills be keepin' some family secrets.

They behaved as if he was guilty and somebody was trying to prove it. Close ranks.

I listened to some testimony today, namely JY's sister, brother in law, father in law and some of PY through the miracle of the iphone.

Rebuttal character evidence. No issue there.

Except this. I think the PT missed a chance to demonstrate (if my idea is correct) that JY was a liar and the rebuttal character evidence of little value.

Listening to the testimony, I was thinking I would have asked the brother/sister if they thought JY was usually honest with them (yes) and did they know of a dark side (no) so their opinions of him were based in part on those two things. Then ask he they knew about MM, the anniversary, what's her name on the living room floor just before the murder, the email to the third woman, the d*ick tricks, the telling MY in an email he "could kill her." Hopefully, they'd say no to knowing about each of those things, and then end the c-x. The idea would be either JY kept a side of himself from his family, or if they did know about all that they have a funny definition of imp.

As it is, the c-x seemed mostly to be notes on the direct, which is fine, but for example the c-x about the yearbook awards went on and on and I thought just made them sound that much more important. They did happen after all. BH did lay a lick in on noting the day of the 6G checks was the same day of suit (didn't notice though if she said the day the suit was served); however, not much action overall.

all imo.

Anyway, I'd have preferred to see a strategy to the c-x'es, from the G side. These weren't surprise witnesses after all.

The surprise witness was the state trooper being called, imo.
That was brillant, and left no doubt the accident was just that, an accident.

The family being called was a given, but we did get to hear that they did not go inside Applebee's ,
which some of us knew, and that cleared that up finally.

The state and the defense traded witnesses on a few things.

Last time Jennifer Sproles was called by the Pros, they were hoping she would say Jason was hyper or acting strange.......
She refused to do so !!

And, the defense called Keith Patterson , who was a Pros witness last time, and he showed all the dropped calls in the mountains.

So, I give the defense an A++++ for today.

The only other witnesses I know for sure will be:
Demetrius Barrett, ( Jason's friend)
Cindy Beaver (extrememly credible witness who saw a car at 5:30 am)

I am thinking maybe if they found the accident victim, but I feel
Klinkosum is getting ready for something big.......HUGE.

JMO< of course.

What will tomorrow bring? Does anyone feel JY will take the stand?

Damn if he does and damn if he doesn't. Looks like he got a haircut, hmmm.

Wimminfolk have no true standing in those kinds of families. The minz get all the attention. The sun rises and sets on the boyz. The wimminfolk are to cook n clean n take care a their minz. Yisssss. The little man of the family iz #1.

I don't think that witness was actually very helpful to the defense. He said it was a typical type of accident and he wasn't looking for anything suspicious. Basically, he didn't investigate for any foul play and if he didn't look for it, how could he have found it?

The surprise witness was the state trooper being called, imo.
That was brillant, and left no doubt the accident was just that, an accident.

The family being called was a given, but we did get to hear that they did not go inside Applebee's ,
which some of us knew, and that cleared that up finally.

The state and the defense traded witnesses on a few things.

Last time Jennifer Sproles was called by the Pros, they were hoping she would say Jason was hyper or acting strange.......
She refused to do so !!

And, the defense called Keith Patterson , who was a Pros witness last time, and he showed all the dropped calls in the mountains.

So, I give the defense an A++++ for today.

The only other witnesses I know for sure will be:
Demetrius Barrett, ( Jason's friend)
Cindy Beaver (extrememly credible witness who saw a car at 5:30 am)

I am thinking maybe if they found the accident victim, but I feel
Klinkosum is getting ready for something big.......HUGE.

JMO< of course.

This is a List of items that Pat Young gave to LE that were missing from the Young home.

a white and yellow gold bracelet
an egg shaped sterling jewelry box
man's platinum wedding band
a platinum 2-3 carat diamond ring
a pair of diamond earrings
a pearl necklace
$500.00 in cash in a new wallet in Jason's closet

These items still have never been recovered or accounted for.

So, I don't know how this will be addressed, maybe through PY.?

Great point!!! They think a murderer is on the loose! (Yeah right!) So, why aren't they looking for him/her? Why aren't they terrified that they might come after cy, an eyewitness who can now talk?

I missed that trooper, so I missed the impact of that.

I did see the applebees was a strategy break rather than dinner. Matter of fact, if his mom was driving the deal about stopping to call a lawyer (and she may have been) I wouldn't hold that part against him.

The witnesses I did see (from the parts I saw) I thought got the points out; I still think the state should have more clearly shown their perspectives were lacking from not having exposure to the facts (big time arguments, all the character stuff I cited). PY's testimony is ongoing - from comments I'm seeing the question is down to whether she is oversellling, as that could cause a tune out too.

I agree I think they are just getting that stuff out of the way - character evidence against character evidence; perceptions of behavior v. perceptions of behavior. Now we'll know what they intend as the prime elements of the defense case. Also implied by all the family testimony is hey nobody spends more time around JY than these people, and if they are sure he didn't do it, then shouldn't you have a little doubt too? Again, that's why I would have approached c-x differently.

This is a List of items that Pat Young gave to LE that were missing from the Young home.

a white and yellow gold bracelet
an egg shaped sterling jewelry box
man's platinum wedding band
a platinum 2-3 carat diamond ring
a pair of diamond earrings
a pearl necklace
$500.00 in cash in a new wallet in Jason's closet

These items still have never been recovered or accounted for.

So, I don't know how this will be addressed, maybe through PY.?

How does PY know what was missing?

I don't think that witness was actually very helpful to the defense. He said it was a typical type of accident and he wasn't looking for anything suspicious. Basically, he didn't investigate for any foul play and if he didn't look for it, how could he have found it?

State troopers are trained to look for anything and everything as part of their job description.

They can tell if an accident is alcohol related, or someone just wants to

do enough damage to collect from their auto insurance.

Trooper Hicks not only investigated this accident once, he was asked to do so again..

Both times, he found nothing wrong or suspicious....

Otto has posted the accident report showing how Jason tried to over correct his turn........if the state trooper wanted to change his report or his mind anytime in the last 5-6 years, he has had plenty of time to do so.

Including today on the witness stand, he did not.

That is enough to convince me........jmo

He was an excellent witness, btw.

Wimminfolk have no true standing in those kinds of families. The minz get all the attention. The sun rises and sets on the boyz. The wimminfolk are to cook n clean n take care a their minz. Yisssss. The little man of the family iz #1.

Yep, know that all too well. So ingrained in me that I will snap into action to cook and clean.

Since I had missed the first trial I literally just watched it so it is very fresh in my head so most of today felt like deja vu (all over again haha).

My opinion of today: I feel like the prosecution is missing opportunities as Grit Guy said above. I feel like the defense is not doing their client any service by letting PY go on and on. I really feel like both sides seem to forget about CY or, at the very least, are not driving home points about who knew what, where, when etc. about her at the critical moments which I think is really important. It all gets lost somewhere.

I also don't understand why any of the Ys told anyone about JY saying HY would be a good mother and about being able to afford the house. I just don't think it sounds good and those were private conversations amongst themselves that never had to see the light of day or the inside of a courthouse. Although I can see both sides of the argument on what it means because, well, that's just me. LOL

Anyway, I also want to say I thought everyone was very respectful of each other today! I appreciate everyone's opinions! Good job everyone!

From wikipedia's page on sociopath, <mod snip> Antisocial personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Diagnosis

DSM-IV The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition (DSM IV-TR), defines antisocial personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as: [1]

A) There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three or more of the following: 1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest; 2. deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure; 3. impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead; 4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults; 5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others; 6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations; 7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another; B) The individual is at least age 18 years. C) There is evidence of conduct disorder with onset before age 15 years. D) The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of schizophrenia or a manic episode. New evidence points to the possibility that children often develop antisocial personality disorder as a result of environmental as well as genetic influence. The individual must be at least 18 years of age to be diagnosed with this disorder (Criterion B), but those commonly diagnosed with ASPD as adults were diagnosed with conduct disorder as children. The prevalence of this disorder is 3% in males and 1% from females, as stated in the DSM IV-TR.

I missed that trooper, so I missed the impact of that.

I did see the applebees was a strategy break rather than dinner. Matter of fact, if his mom was driving the deal about stopping to call a lawyer (and she may have been) I wouldn't hold that part against him.

The witnesses I did see (from the parts I saw) I thought got the points out; I still think the state should have more clearly shown their perspectives were lacking from not having exposure to the facts (big time arguments, all the character stuff I cited). PY's testimony is ongoing - from comments I'm seeing the question is down to whether she is oversellling, as that could cause a tune out too.

I agree I think they are just getting that stuff out of the way - character evidence against character evidence; perceptions of behavior v. perceptions of behavior. Now we'll know what they intend as the prime elements of the defense case. Also implied by all the family testimony is hey nobody spends more time around JY than these people, and if they are sure he didn't do it, then shouldn't you have a little doubt too? Again, that's why I would have approached c-x differently.

What is c-x? I think family testimony is necessary but totally worthless. As a juror, I'd take whatever they said with a grain of salt or maybe even a bucket. Of course they'll say their son/brother/b-i-l was a good guy and would not and could not murder his wife and unborn child.

I still can't get over the "mooning" grandma story. WTH were they thinking? Did it work the first jury? Did they all laugh and think it was funny? Apparently, it didn't this time according to Beth Karas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214